Forum Member

LA's City Att. Office, Police Commission and LAPD decide not to follow state law

"Sir your under arrest."

"Why"?

"You broke the law."

"So, You guys are breaking the law everyday."

"As a matter of fact the LA City Attorneys Office, The LAPD Police Commission and the LAPD has now set precedent that following state law is really only a matter of conscious, and it's against my conscious to follow this particular law you are arresting me for"....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ound-vehicles/
    Last edited by Dep D; 03-23-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Be safe pulling back into the thread...
    http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Forum Member

Ya they keep saying they're going to change the policy but I have yet to see a Special Order directing me to do so. It's still business as usual...
    "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Forum Member

The legal action taken after an officer ignored a policy directing him to disregard state law and was punished for doing so would be interesting...

Forum Member

absolutely ridiculous, I can see some good law suits coming from this, from people who have been hit by unlicensed drivers

Forum Member
    It will only be a matter of time before an unlicensed driver gets pulled over and released with their vehicle and then later kill someone in a traffic collision. As many as there are its not really a question of if but more of when. LA is going to lose a lot of money when that happens but even worse, someone will have lost their life...

Senior Veteran

Guys, the law changed January 1st, 2012 which "prohibits" LE from impounding the unlicensed drivers vehicle.
    Retired

Forum Member
    Actually, to be accurate the law your referring to is in reference to DUI checkpoints only. The policy change being proposed applies to all traffic stops which is not in compliance with state law.

DAL
    "Official Non-Person"
    Has the constitutionality of the 30-day impound law been decided?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein