DCH
    Forum Member

Are these symptoms?

Post Removed.
    Last edited by DCH; 03-24-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Reply recieved.

Forum Member

If I found myself with a weapon in my hand and could not remember exactly how when and why I got there. I would secure all of my weapons, somewhere I could not unintenionally get one and hurt someone with out knowing what the hell was going on. I am not trying to be funny or crass. It sounds like you have ptsd and you need to seek help A.S.A.P.

I have no idea what happened to put you on edge but do you want to shoot a family member on accident because you had a need to have weapons on hand to ward off imaginary attackers. Unless I am missing something you are MUCH more likely to have such an accident than to realistically need to come out of bed with a shotgun in self defense. What the hell would you do if you shot someone and could not remember the exact timeline and reasoning for the actions?

step one:

put weapons somewhere secure and out of reach.

step two:

seek counseling and or medications to calm you down and find the source of your unrest.

step three:

avoid lines of work that expose you to events that unbalance you.

I consider myself a very wary fella I carry backups in every concievable location and I have continecy plans for every situation imaginable. That said what you are describing goes way beyond normal safety concerns and actions and needs to be addressed.

DCH
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's ptsd, but will seek more info/advice.

thanks sir.