Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Infiltration Unit
    When I was on the road I made it a habit to walk the parking lots at our local big box retailers and hand out parking tickets for handicap parking. I never got so many thanks from people in my life. Turns out that it's a lot of people's pet peeve.
    Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax circa 1993

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE View Post
    I can't understand how the really fat people get them. They should give them special placards sure, but for the back of the lot. The exercise is good for you.
    haha made my day,

Forum Member

Hmmm...just read this, kind of older post. Reminds me of my first night solo. I was driving through a Walgreens parking lot when a little old lady flagged me down. She told me "officer...that person in that big black truck just parked in that handicapped spot over there and went in the store, and he's a young man who I'm sure is not hadicapped." I said "ok mam, I'll look into it." Went over to the truck, (a bit of a ghetto sled) an Escalade with with tinted out windows, sitting on 24s, with no placard or handicapped tags, parked in a clearly marked handicapped spot, just as the little old lady had informed me. I'm running the tags, preparing to write my citation, when the owner comes out of the Walgreens, a young man, bout 6'6, 220...in perfect physical health. I get dudes ID so as to put his info on the ticket, and when I run him it turns out he has a few warrants. Now this is my first night solo, and I've never actually arrested anybody completely by myself, so considering dudes size, and my rookie nerves...I wasn't gentle. I slammed dude up against the truck and cuffed him with what was probably a bit more force than was necessary. 20 minutes later, as dudes truck is getting put on the wrecker, and I'm sitting in my patrol car completing the arrest paperwork, the little old lady comes over to my window and says "officer...I really did not mean to mean to get that young man in so much trouble." I looked that little old lady right in the eye and said "Mam...we take handicapped parking very seriously around here."

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescitycop View Post
    Hmmm...just read this, kind of older post. Reminds me of my first night solo. I was driving through a Walgreens parking lot when a little old lady flagged me down. She told me "officer...that person in that big black truck just parked in that handicapped spot over there and went in the store, and he's a young man who I'm sure is not hadicapped." I said "ok mam, I'll look into it." Went over to the truck, (a bit of a ghetto sled) an Escalade with with tinted out windows, sitting on 24s, with no placard or handicapped tags, parked in a clearly marked handicapped spot, just as the little old lady had informed me. I'm running the tags, preparing to write my citation, when the owner comes out of the Walgreens, a young man, bout 6'6, 220...in perfect physical health. I get dudes ID so as to put his info on the ticket, and when I run him it turns out he has a few warrants. Now this is my first night solo, and I've never actually arrested anybody completely by myself, so considering dudes size, and my rookie nerves...I wasn't gentle. I slammed dude up against the truck and cuffed him with what was probably a bit more force than was necessary. 20 minutes later, as dudes truck is getting put on the wrecker, and I'm sitting in my patrol car completing the arrest paperwork, the little old lady comes over to my window and says "officer...I really did not mean to mean to get that young man in so much trouble." I looked that little old lady right in the eye and said "Mam...we take handicapped parking very seriously around here."

HAHA Bet she hasn't called anymore of those in!

KS Deputy Sheriff (Ret.)
    Being retired, and handicapped now, I deeply appreciate vigorous enforcement of handicapped parking laws. With lots of us baby boomers coming to the elderly age, and more and more need handicapped tags. There are not enough handicapped spaces to go around. So glad you are writing lots of tickets to those who abuse these parking spaces. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 First 12