Forum Member

Orlando airport dumping TSA

I didn't think they could do that, but I heard that the Orlando airport is going to do away with the TSA, and hire their own security company. How can they even do that? If that is possible, wouldn't more airports have done that?

Hustler
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-Boy View Post
    I didn't think they could do that, but I heard that the Orlando airport is going to do away with the TSA, and hire their own security company. How can they even do that? If that is possible, wouldn't more airports have done that?
    TSA kick today?

You about 5 days late on this one, however they are not the only airport in the country to opt out of not using TSA. There are several that do no, however they are still under Federal oversight.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

One Night In Bangkok
    Its not Orlando International Airport (MCO), its Sanford-Orlando which is kinda the small airport about 45 minutes outside of Orlando
    I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.

Senior Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Its not Orlando International Airport (MCO), its Sanford-Orlando which is kinda the small airport about 45 minutes outside of Orlando
    At least it's a start.
    Retired