Thread: Pictures

Forum Member

Pictures

Just out of curiosity, do you guys ever take pictures of unique or unusual things that you may happen to encounter while on the job? I'm not talking dead bodies, or anything that could make your agency look bad, but things like random odd car accidents, weird objects in weird places, etc.

I've been thinking about taking my digital camera with me while working because it seems like I see the most unusual things at times.

Forum Member

Yes. Of course you should carry a digital camera with you...

Forum Member

Not really. I wlll take pictures with my phone of hooptys that make me laugh and show them to my wife, but then I delete them. Nothing else work related.

Off topic poster
    If you have a modern smart phone then odds are you have a decent camera. I like taking scenery pictures myself. A cop car parked on top of a mountain with the city as a backdrop down below is a cool background photo.

Forum Member
    I do the same as mookster. Scenery pics, sunset/sunrise pics, that's about all. When off duty I might snap a weird scene or two, but never on duty unless it's for evidence purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Forum Member
    I take pics and videos of all kindas of stuff. Junk cars, dope, silly call notes, wrecked cars, funny looking people, weird DL photos. I've done it all. I'm friends with a lot of other officers from different agencies. We all send each other stuff from the job.

Band-aid jockey
    All the time unless it is against policy. My wife gets a kick out of some of the weird ones i take.

Forum Member
    I take quite a few non-evidentiary fun pictures these days. Mostly, my pictures are of the various wildlife, scenery, and cool stuff I get to do while at work. I couldn't resist getting a picture of the guy I arrested for DUI on Halloween night who was dressed in a prison jumpsuit costume with "Gotbusted Penitentiary" stenciled on the back. (see avatar)