Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Execution Methods

G-14 Classified
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieth M. View Post
    There's a new one headed our way...forced sex with Rosie O'Donnell!

Takes cruel and unusual to sickening heights.
    Under the constitution, it would be viewed too cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by DAL View Post
    I favor the firing squad. Should be quick, relatively painless, and inexpensive.
    NOt with the rate ammo is rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy2002 View Post
    There's something out there that can make crime expand and contract pretty dramatically, but I don't think it's public neck-stretching.
    Couldn't hurt to try it.
    asullivan likes this.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

According to Bob Costas, Sandusky's penis raped those boys, not Sandusky.

Forum Member
    In Kansas we have a rather clever technique.

What we do is kill you slowly by the ravages of stressful appeals processes as well as old age.

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmo View Post
    In Kansas we have a rather clever technique.

What we do is kill you slowly by the ravages of stressful appeals processes as well as old age.
    Not to mention that you're stuck in Kansas while those appeals go on!
    retired likes this.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

Forum Member
    That's half the beauty of it. Of course that is also slowly killing everyone else as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
    If someone is sentenced to death for their crime/s,then it needs to be followed through with or it isn't a deterrant for others. How it's done doesn't matter although IMO I feel they should die exactly the same way their victim did.

I would have no problem being the one to dish out the punishment! I'd give anything to be the one to deal out the death to the sick transient that kidnapped,tortured and raped my daughter when she was 7 years old!! She's alive but so is he and I'm sure he did it again after he got out of prison!!

Some crimes simply need to be dealt with by killing the offender. He spent an extra year past his original sentence time due to his denying he did it even after being caught with her the next day! Saying you're innocent doesn't make it so. Seeing that no one else suffers at their hands needs to be a priority. Can't fix child kidnappers/rapists and setting them free to do it again is pure stupidity on our parts,IMO.
    He got OUT!? I would have thought that the combination of the crimes you listed against anyone, but especially a 7 year old would have come with a life sentence...guess not

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer JJ View Post
    He got OUT!? I would have thought that the combination of the crimes you listed against anyone, but especially a 7 year old would have come with a life sentence...guess not
    I agree with you as to me a crime against a child is unforgiveable. It was in 1984 so that may have a little to do with it. He pled guilty and was sentenced to 7 years. In that 7 years he went up before the parole board 3 times. He denied his guilt each time and ended up serving a year longer than he was given due to his denial and attitude. He was 43 at the time. I will never forget his name and hope he's dead by now.

I love the state I live in but Wyoming doesn't seem to punish as severly as other states and this town alone has 7 registered sex offenders living here,none which are from here! This state does the honor farm and "boot camp" thing and few male offenders actually go to the state penn anymore. Why?

I have to quit saying "How stupid can you be?" Some people are taking it as a challenge!

If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons make people fat!

Forum Member

I personally do not want legal execution of any type.It should be abolished in modern days.Killing for killing is never a good option.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andersonandgallagher View Post
    I personally do not want legal execution of any type.It should be abolished in modern days.Killing for killing is never a good option.
    We don't kill for the fun of it. It's a punishment doled out for only the most abhorrent violators and for the most extreme crimes.
    chiefjack likes this.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Bigfoot Country
    It works every time so I don't know what you mean by 'never a good option'.
    DOAcop38 and chiefjack like this.

South central escapee...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    We don't kill for the fun of it. It's a punishment doled out for only the most abhorrent violators and for the most extreme crimes.
    the "only " problem I have with it is when people, who are OBVIOUSLY GUILTY, get to live on the tax payers expense.
    chiefjack likes this.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

It's Complicated
    You, of course, are entitled to your opinion.

Realize however that this is a law enforcement related forum where many of the members have been exposed to some abhorrent behavior/criminals and many of us have strong pro death penalty stances.

Traveling Man
    I'm good with this. Under one condition: they stop killing citizens and the government will stop killing them.

If they accept the terms so do I.
    1*

South central escapee...
    Quote Originally Posted by vdfnco View Post
    I'm good with this. Under one condition: they stop killing citizens and the government will stop killing them.

If they accept the terms so do I.
    America doesn't have a gun problem, we have a violence problem. people here will gleefully bash, stab, burn, strangle and poison each other IF they didn't have a "gun". for the rest of us who are SANE, and respectful of ourselves and neighbors, you already know there will never be an issue of worrying about whether some one is put to death under the rules of the state.

For those who feel its okay to wantonly murder people like school aged tykes, hard working taxi drivers, retired grannies, or fight and kill gov't officials like police officers, I have NO sympathy. If the killing happened out of unintentional negligence or by cruel accident, thats one thing-sympathy can be applied in those instances.

But Gang bangers who drive by and shoot at people? serial predators who rape and murder co-eds? spouses more concerned with insurance pay outs than fixing a broken relationship?

vdfnco, we all know that what you posted is the plain and honest truth....
    OneAdam12 and chiefjack like this.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Forum Member

Right, wrong, or otherwise, studies have shown capital punishment makes for a very low recidivism rate. In fact, I would honestly say it is the closest thing we have to a cure for some scum.

I ♥ my GLOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by XD4ME View Post
    Right, wrong, or otherwise, studies have shown capital punishment makes for a very low recidivism rate. In fact, I would honestly say it is the closest thing we have to a cure for some scum.
    Correct! The death penalty undoubtedly keeps us safe from recidivist predators. As far as "curing" certain types of criminal behavior, such as child mollestors or rapists, there is only one cure. A bullet. A rope. A couple thousand volts. I'm not sentimental about certain things.
    XD4ME and chiefjack like this.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Forum Member

Better than having them sit around wasting tax payers cash. Their lives are over anyway so why not?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-Boy View Post
    I just read that in Washington state hanging is still a form of execution. I find that really strange that it is still done in this country. I was just wondering if there were any other such forms of execution that were still practiced today.

It's an alternative option. The party to be executed would need to request it over lethal injection for it to ever be used.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DOAcop38 View Post
    the "only " problem I have with it is when people, who are OBVIOUSLY GUILTY, get to live on the tax payers expense.
    Too bad that it costs more to actually execute them.

It bothers me when people who are for capital punishment pretend it's for fiscal reasons. I don't get these libertarian constitutionalists who are also apparently big lawmen. Everybody I know who's that far to the right doesn't even think the government should have the right to execute anybody in the first place.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    I have some residual misgivings. Too many persons convicted have later been proven innocent of the crimes for which they were condemned. That doesn't sit well with me.

I don't think "pretty confident" is an adequate standard for the purpose.

Even if that's so it's in my opinion not quite enough.

I suppose if you're including the cleanup crew maybe so.
    I believe I hear what you're saying and I can understand your misgivings. I'd just point out that the last time perfection walked this earth it was.....

[URL="http://www.dramainnature.com/Kodak%20Gallery/Cross%20and%20Sunlight.htm"][URL]

I think we have as 'justice' driven a system as can be found among men...I don't give a flip how you do it, just kill the POS!
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Salty Dog

I don't really care what method they use, as long as it's cheap and quick. Set up a good efficient system and death rows nationwide could finally make room for the next batch. Should be done by lunchtime.
    retired, sanitizer and chiefjack like this.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Senior Veteran

Let's bring back gladiatorial games with a twist. Put all the inmates in an arena, give them their drug of choice and their weapon of choice as they enter. Free for all, to the death, last man standing gets charged with mass murder and executed on the spot.
    ateamer and chiefjack like this.

Conservitum Americum
    Quote Originally Posted by ateamer View Post
    I don't really care what method they use, as long as it's cheap and quick. Set up a good efficient system and death rows nationwide could finally make room for the next batch. Should be done by lunchtime.
    How much does a .50 cal bullet cost? 20mm? If you like cheap we can line em up single file.
    chiefjack likes this.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Professor of Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
    If the condemed persons crime was murder, he should be executed in the same manner with which he took the life.
    Sire Detective,

So if I screw a chick ta' death, , dat' means I get atotha' chick ta' screw me to death?

(Iz pretty hot in da' hay, don't cha' know)..Dat'z what all da' hot chicky'z say....

Hell I'll take ma' chances...
    Last edited by asullivan; 05-16-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: choke'in da' chicken's
    From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Conservitum Americum
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopshopcop View Post
    Let's bring back gladiatorial games with a twist. Put all the inmates in an arena, give them their drug of choice and their weapon of choice as they enter. Free for all, to the death, last man standing gets charged with mass murder and executed on the spot.
    My sheriff used to say, "Give em all guns and knives and arrest the ones still standin."
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    I say build a 20' high concrete fence with landmines all around the state of....i dunno....say, New Mexico...... and ship in all the surplus bazookas, tanks, LAWS rockets, guns, grenades and knives they could possibly use. Lock the gate and give it to them. Everyone convicted for anything after that - goes to New Mexico forever - or as long as they can live.

Next?
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last