Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sgt. Slaughter

Thread: Still getting emails by the dozen

Bored

Still getting emails by the dozen

I {thought} I changed my notification settings to NOT get any email updates but I still get a bunch each day. Am I missing something in the profile settings?
    I unchecked everything so I dont clog up my measly little I-Phone..
    Thanks, E-man
    I got nothing for now

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by e-man View Post
    I {thought} I changed my notification settings to NOT get any email updates but I still get a bunch each day. Am I missing something in the profile settings?
    I unchecked everything so I dont clog up my measly little I-Phone..
    Thanks, E-man

It ignores me when I tell them I don't want emails....................I dont' get them because I dont' "subscribe" to any threads...........but o.com keeps sending me crap from the main site
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Forum Member

If you're getting notifications about replies to posts you need to unsubscribe from them in your CP. If you're getting emails from the main site (IE not related to threads you're subscribed to) an admin probably needs to help.

Bored

Thanks...
    It's just emails from the main site, news, tech, info from Newsday dot com. I did subscribe at first but changed all my settings to unsubscribe and I have never subscribed to an ind. thread...Weird...
    I got nothing for now

Forum Member
    Smack it up. Flip it. Rub it down.

OH NO!
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

It's Complicated
    Thanks...
    It's just emails from the main site, news, tech, info from Newsday dot com. I did subscribe at first but changed all my settings to unsubscribe and I have never subscribed to an ind. thread...Weird...
    I still get the same emails after I have UNCHECKED every notification possible.

The forum is really ticking me off in many ways lately............I am about done with dealing with them...................time to find another place to play
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Moderator-Weekend Warrior
    OK, I asked and this is the answer I got:

If they go to their main profile page (from the website not the forums) they can manage all their subscriptions. Just have them, logged in, go to the home page for Officer.com; find the "button" at the top with their email address in it and click on it. That will take them to their profile page and they can adjust whatever they want from there.

When you click on the orange button that has your email inside it, it takes you to a page where there is a gray bar that says: Edit Profile Newsletter Settings
    Click on the words "Newsletter Settings" and check the "NO" boxes. Then click on "Save Profile" at the bottom.

I just tried it today, so I will watch to see if the emails stop for me.

Bored

Quote Originally Posted by Ocommod1 View Post
    OK, I asked and this is the answer I got:

If they go to their main profile page (from the website not the forums) they can manage all their subscriptions. Just have them, logged in, go to the home page for Officer.com; find the "button" at the top with their email address in it and click on it. That will take them to their profile page and they can adjust whatever they want from there.

When you click on the orange button that has your email inside it, it takes you to a page where there is a gray bar that says: Edit Profile Newsletter Settings
    Click on the words "Newsletter Settings" and check the "NO" boxes. Then click on "Save Profile" at the bottom.

I just tried it today, so I will watch to see if the emails stop for me.
    Thanks Ocom, Ive tried that before from the main website and it didnt work. I will try again and see if it'll work now.
    Thanks again
    I got nothing for now

Bored

Yep, still received a few today but not sure when they were sent, Ill check again tom. thanks
    I got nothing for now

I got one more, which may have already been sent before I opted out. I just did the opt out link at the bottom of that email. I haven't gotten any today.

Anytime I opt out of emails (like the stuff I started getting from Best Buy!) It has always taken a few days before it stops completely.

Professor of Stuff
    It has always taken a few days before it stops completely.
    Hear dat' Trig.... Just like V.D.......
    From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asullivan View Post
    Hear dat' Trig.... Just like V.D.......
    'Cept here you don't have to get your bore punched.
    M-11 and asullivan like this.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Bored

Well, I am still getting updates and stuff from O.com I'm almost ready to just delete my profile here. Its getting frustrating. I know it's a free service and I'm happy to have been here 7+ years but emails are a PITA. I've opted out from the bottoms, Ive updated and re clicked on NO each and every one but still getting 2-3 a day. I guess I'll just deal with it!!!
    I got nothing for now

I stopped getting them when I did what I mentioned in my above post, at the main page.

I looked you up and made a change on "allow emails from admin". Let me know if that helps.

Bored

I stopped getting them when I did what I mentioned in my above post, at the main page.

I looked you up and made a change on "allow emails from admin". Let me know if that helps.
    Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. I still get emails but I just went back to my profile and tried to do that again. We'll see how it works, thanks
    I got nothing for now

Professor of Stuff
    We'll see how it works, thanks

Why, ya' quite welcome's Officer UnderpAid and underapPreciated......
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Professor of Stuff
    Yep, still received a few today but not sure when they were sent, Ill check again tom. thanks
    Who da' hell is tom???

Anyways,
    I sent a a whole butt load of e-mails, cuz we likes ya..

Should's be pretty clogged up's by now's...

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.