Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aaron 23

Thread: Prince William County PD

Forum Member

Prince William County PD

Hello everyone,

I am going down next week to test with Prince William County and was looking for info regarding the department, PWC itself (I know it's expensive to live down there but beyond that), and anything relevant that a Michigander may find useful!

I have some information but it's always nice to get more.

Forum Member
    I just took the test a couple of days ago. Message me, and I can give you the rundown. BTW I flew through their written test, and they immediately did the background investigation pending you pass the test. I started the BI, but I was disqualified because of my driving record. Short, sweet and to the point.
    Dina likes this.

Forum Member
    Can someone tell me in which counties the majority of the LEO live. I live in NYC and dont know that area very well.

Forum Member
    I am in the hiring process with PWC now and live in Northern VA for the time being. I know that if you live in Prince William County you can qualify for a take home cruiser. Just from what research I have done, I have been looking in Stafford County and also in Fauquier County. They both border Prince William County but housing is quite a bit a cheaper there. Their Police Academy facility is really close to Fauquier County.

As far as the testing and hiring process, it takes a long time. I took my written test in August, the PT in November, and the polygraph in December, and now they are still working on the background investigation. So it is a pretty lengthy process.

Forum Member
    Thanks for the info

Forum Member
    klutchers04- If you are having a hard time finding housing, check out longandfoster.com. They are a pretty big real estate company here and you can search their listings online. My wife and I moved down here last year from upstate NY and we had a difficult time finding a place, because we didn't know where to look. Hopefully it helps.

Prince William County is actually an affordable place to live, with the understanding that homes do run in the $250k and up range for a moderate place, but this is well inline with the market..which has not suffered as other parts of the country.. The schools are outstanding and the county provides some great services. It is quite a diverse area. I would recommend an orientation trip to see what it has to offer by way of housing and environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSD View Post
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................