Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Car Crash Anyone

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    Wow! Insane. Yea the absence of medians, dividers, etc. makes me happy our roads are done the way they are. Sure even barriers won't prevent EVERYTHING, but I feel that if there was a cable barrier and a graded median, it certainly would have greatly lessened the likelihood of the scenario that occurred.
    Obviously you don't ride a motorcycle.

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2STJk5XZQk

There have been people who have survived exploding collisions after colliding with semis.(though this one was from behind).

Although this is a very old clip,to this day I dont understand how lucky you have to be to skid into the back of a semi at 165 mph on the driver side of a 2 door sports car that gets ripped apart and live.
    Last edited by NextofKin; 03-02-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Civillian
    Thanks for the info about it being Russian. I found this.. http://www.vladimir.kp.ru/daily/25841.5/2813489/

Visitors to the Internet in full to discuss an accident that occurred Feb. 24 at the village Omutischi Petushki area. Off-road "Nissan" wagon collided with a counter: pickup shattered into small pieces, the driver was killed instantly. Video of the accident, written subsequent to the DVR, "Nissan" car traveled around almost all the online forums. "Tin" - so dubbed some of its users. Official sources of information, in particular, the Office of Traffic Police of the Vladimir region expressed not so emotional.

- February 24, about 18 hours and 20 minutes on the 109-kilometer highway M-7 Volga car driver «Nissan Navara» - Moscow resident born in 1980 lost control and performed on a collision with a motor vehicle "GAZ", - said Mikhail Maslov, an inspector Traffic Police Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia Vladimir region. - As a result, «Nissan Navara» drove into oncoming traffic and collided with a Freightliner truck and a car "VAZ 21723". From his injuries SUV driver died at the scene. In addition, the driver suffered "Lada." With numerous cut wounds a person was hospitalized. Now the traffic police department investigation Petushki district conducted investigation verification.

- Driver "Nissan" was named Alexander. He was a good guy, an experienced driver. I was driving home to his wife and children - he has two of them ... - A message on one of the sites put a familiar victim. - The funeral will be held February 28 in Balashikha ... For us it is a tragedy ... It's such grief. No one understands how it all could happen. "
    Пикап разлетелся на мелкие куски, водитель погиб мгновенно
    Pickup shattered into small pieces, the driver was killed instantly

People just superstitious the idea that the driver of "Nissan" has become another victim of an enchanted road, any way is considered part of the road near the village of Omutischi. November 3, 2007 around 11:00 pm it was on the 109th kilometer of the route Moscow - Ufa crashed theater and film actor Aleksandr Dedjushko. In the car, "Toyota Picnic" also had a wife a son eight years. On that tragic day were terrible weather conditions, it was snowing. The actor lost control, drove into the oncoming lane and collided with a truck "for sale". All three died on the spot. And in March 2009 about this same passenger bus collided with a truck "KamAZ". As a result, both vehicles caught fire. Killed 12 bus passengers - businessmen from Ulyanovsk, and both drivers.

If you do not take into account the mystical version, February 23 it was snowing. The video of the tragedy shows that the "Nissan" touched the wheel "furrow" of wet snow and then threw the first car to the right by a passing "Gazelle" and then tossed into the oncoming lane. Perhaps the accident would not have happened if the road cleaned. And even more so there would be a terrible collision, if it stood on this site "bump" on the need for a long time that experts say. However, to get a comment about the timing of the installation facility, the Office of the highway Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod, the Federal Road Agency, we have not succeeded. Phones just do not respond.
    That's a google translation so I hope it's accurate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NextofKin View Post
    Although this is a very old clip,to this day I dont understand how lucky you have to be to skid into the back of a semi at 165 mph on the driver side of a 2 door sports car that gets ripped apart and live.
    Maybe luck, maybe God's will...

Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    That's a google translation so I hope it's accurate.
    Yeah, it's accurate, or at least as accurate as Google Translate gets. Google Translate is a lot better than other translators like Babelfish.

DYZ

Civillian
    I know there's a couple members here who speak Russian. I just can't remember who?

Stop Staring!
    I speak some Russian; but not fluently... I saved the article, so I will attempt to translate this weekend.. However, I have also noted the Google translator works pretty well so I would presume that the translation contained in the thread would be fairly accurate.
    I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elle p View Post
    I speak some Russian; but not fluently... I saved the article, so I will attempt to translate this weekend.. However, I have also noted the Google translator works pretty well so I would presume that the translation contained in the thread would be fairly accurate.
    It's ok; Russian to English is as about mistake-free as you're gonna get with an online translator. English to Russian, however, sucks. I don't know why, but it doesn't work so well going the other way.

***Расскажите мне другую историю***

DYZ

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dyz4035 View Post
    Good call. After watching the video again, I listened closely to what the driver/passenger was saying - it was the equivalent of "Oh my God" in Russian.
    Before reading the comments, I actually played it back to confirm what I thought I heard was "Oh my God" in plain English even though the rest sounded Russian, and it still sounds that way after. I guess fear is a universal language?

As to that SUV, I do hope it was instant for them and relatively painless. I demolished a car when someone hit me head on and it didn't look much like a car anymore, but not even close to that bad. At least the passenger compartment was all in one piece around me, if a bit munched in.
    "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
    ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    Jumbo-sized shishkabobs.

DYZ

Forum Member

How 'bout these:

I would hate to respond to any of those.

DYZ

Forum Member
    Reminds me of decades ago when I subscribed to a CHP magazine. Pretty Ogrish-ish pics.
    mdrdep likes this.

Civilian Sheepdog
    How?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
    Obviously you don't ride a motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    Wow! Insane. Yea the absence of medians, dividers, etc. makes me happy our roads are done the way they are. Sure even barriers won't prevent EVERYTHING, but I feel that if there was a cable barrier and a graded median, it certainly would have greatly lessened the likelihood of the scenario that occurred.
    Quotes are in the wrong order. The cables used to prevent cars & trucks from going across the median are referred to cheese graters by bikers.

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeplin View Post
    Quotes are in the wrong order. The cables used to prevent cars & trucks from going across the median are referred to cheese graters by bikers.
    My question was about how a disintegrating car reminded him of the way Indy cars are designed.

DYZ

Surfing Socal
    Damn that corvette (photo above) sucked. No corvettes should look like that.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Forum Member
    My question was about how a disintegrating car reminded him of the way Indy cars are designed.

DYZ
    Didn't mean to ignore you...at one point I would swear I saw your post disappear & thought you had deleted it.

Indy cars are designed to break apart on impact. This is supposed to absorb some of the energy of hitting something (which I believe is the same principle behind safer barriers).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
    Didn't mean to ignore you...at one point I would swear I saw your post disappear & thought you had deleted it.

Indy cars are designed to break apart on impact. This is supposed to absorb some of the energy of hitting something (which I believe is the same principle behind safer barriers).
    The post didn't disappear; either way, don't worry about it.

Huh. Learned something new today. I didn't know they were designed to disintegrate; it would truly suck to be the driver of one of those things if they crashed.

DYZ

Forum Member
    If the car disintegrating absorbed a lot of the energy, the driver would probably be relatively OK – if a second (or more) car crashed into him with no more car around him, that would end badly.
    mdrdep likes this.
    "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
    ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
    Damn that corvette (photo above) sucked. No corvettes should look like that.
    That picture sends chills up my spine. You know the driver's face had a huge grin on it milliseconds before they realized that death was imminent. Keeping it on the track was a hard lesson to learn.

Forum Member

That picture sends chills up my spine. You know the driver's face had a huge grin on it milliseconds before they realized that death was imminent. Keeping it on the track was a hard lesson to learn.
    The same could probably be said for the driver of the car in the last picture. Not the huge grin, maybe, but definitely the "oh ****" moment right before death.

DYZ

Forum Member

That is straight out of Final destination 2(the begginning) lol.

Forum Member

yeah seen that before, horrible

Surfing Socal
    Quote Originally Posted by NextofKin View Post
    That is straight out of Final destination 2(the begginning) lol.
    LOL yeah when I went to intermediate collision investigation school they showed the clip from final destination with the chain reaction TC. The instructor said that would be one of the longest TCs to write. Ever since then I see 3 or 4 car TC as all being easy.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
    LOL yeah when I went to intermediate collision investigation school they showed the clip from final destination with the chain reaction TC. The instructor said that would be one of the longest TCs to write. Ever since then I see 3 or 4 car TC as all being easy.
    yes I agree.

As silly and unrealistic as that entire film series is I think that was perhaps one of the best cinema choreagraghed highway pileups of all time.

Anyone know who's freeway that this sequence was filmed on?Im guessing either Pennsylvannia or Virginia.Couldnt tell from the side of the state trooper car(for legal purposes they had the state logo removed I think)
    Last edited by NextofKin; 04-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 06-01-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last