Forum Member

Lee County Sheriffs Office Accepting Applications

Applied for the Detention Deputy today.

I currently have 4 years with Florida Department of Corrections. I am a 3rd year College Student.. I have one Unfavorable work history mis-hap..In the year of 2009 I was given a 5 day suspension for "Leaving assigned work station" in their words. Anyone working for D.O.C knows how the agency is with wanting to fill officer's file up with non-sense so they can be stuck there and can't go to a better agency.

Does this department tend to hire applicants that have completed their College Education or favor applicants with Work Experience?

Anyone knows how long this process take?

I spoke to a couple of people in the Human Resources Department today..a woman named Melissa and Tari? They seemed pretty imformative and answered all my questions.

Thanks.

Forum Member
    Interesting.........Are they hiring for both Corrections and Law Enforcement or just Corrections? If so do you think they would sponsor? I'm Certified in LE but I'm not having much luck finding a job in LE and if I have to go back to Corrections that would just be a hiccup to what I really want to be.

My CO Certification went out the window back in 2008 so I have to go through the CO academy all over again which I really don't mind or go to a crossover from LE to CO which I wouldn't mind either.

How was your process when you went? Did you talk to a background investigator when you turned in your application? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Forum Member

No one have any information regarding this post?

Forum Member

My psyc is scheduled Tuesday 4/18/12 and from my understanding, when you complet this part your basically hired. Immediately after the interview they schedule you for your uniforms is what I keep hearing..any one know or has been through the process that way?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=lee89;3034275]My psyc is scheduled Tuesday 4/18/12 and from my understanding, when you complet this part your basically hired. Immediately after the interview they schedule you for your uniforms is what I keep hearing..any one know or has been through the process that way?[/QUOT

i work for them... pm me

Forum Member

I just contacted the Human Resources department. They are hiring certified officers. The deadline for applications is MAY 1ST!!!

Forum Member
    Last edited by JingleHeimrJify; 05-24-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Road Patrol

Lee County, beautiful place

I can't tell you much about the Sheriff's office, but I love that location. The Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Sanibel Island, and Charlotte Harbor areas are some of the most impressive places in the state. My wife and I (both officers) eloped at the Sanibel Harbor Resort (Marriott) three years ago, and have visited the place on our anniversary every year since.

My intel is probably dated, but a Deputy I knew said the Sheriffs office would give you $1000 per year of experience. He got on there in 2006ish and with his 10 years started right at $50K. Those were much different economic times then and I don't see the prior experience bonuses anywhere anymore.

Good luck.
    Tac Six One

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~Romans 13

Forum Member
    LCSO is still hiring. I just transferred there myself from another department. They need people for both LE and CO. Their posting closes 12-31