X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aerohead
    BOFA
    • Jul 2010

Father of the Year!

Detroit news, weather, sports, and traffic serving all of southeast Michigan and Metro Detroit. Watch breaking news live or see the latest videos from programs like The Nine, Let it Rip, and FOX 2 News.

Brownstown Police Say Girl, 9, Was Driving Van in Booster Seat
    Dad Allegedly Had Daughter Drive Him to Citgo

BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJBK) - A recording features a man bragging that his nine-year-old daughter had driven him to a gas station because he was drunk. It was at the Citgo on Telegraph and West roads at 3:00 a.m. on October 8th.

The girl's driving was captured on a surveillance camera. A customer saw the girl behind-the-wheel and called 911.

"Just watched a van pull out of the Citgo gas station. A seven-year-old girl was driving it, and her dad is drunk and he's in the passenger," the man told the operator.

The owner of the gas station was disturbed when he saw the video.

"I was definitely very upset about it. I wasn't happy with the fact that someone would allow their daughter to be driving them around when they're under the influence," said Albert Abbas.

After the little girl left the gas station, a 911 call was placed and police were in pursuit. They stopped the girl on West Road.

"When he opened the door of the full-sized work van, he saw the nine-year-old girl sitting on the booster seat operating the vehicle and asked her how old she was. She said, 'nine,' and then she actually engaged the uniformed officer and asked him why he was pulling her over. That she was driving pretty good," said Brownstown Township Detective Lieutenant Robert Grant.

The father now faces charges for felony child abuse and being a habitual offender. He has several felony convictions.

This was not the first time the nine-year-old was behind-the-wheel.

"She explained to me that he did let her drive before, operate the vehicle, but on this night, she indicated that he was drinking whiskey and, for whatever reason, instead of the little girl being in bed at 3:00 a.m., he decided to go for a ride after drinking," Grant explained.

The child is now in her mother's custody.

Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?
  • Prangler
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2006

I read this article this morning. I used to work right near where this happened. Not surprised. Everyone knows you dont let them DD until they are 11. Idiot!

Comment

• MPInv
      Banned
      • Jun 2011

This is awesome....what a stand up dad, why to teach right from wrong

Comment

• MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12282 users online. 75 members and 12207 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...