Page 27 of 146 First ... 17242526272829303777127 ... Last
Like Tree414Likes

Thread: 2012 ATF Special Agent Announcement

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PHSeaBee View Post
    I'm not sure what's happening here?? 10 pt disabled Vet. 10 yrs prior LE as a Deputy. Crim Just degree. Already took Agent Exam and passed. Current Dept of Interiors employee. Completed application in first hour. Nothing since application was accepted?? No further invite... No rejection letter?? Confused ??
    I would contact OPM through email at kansascity@opm.gov or by phone at (816)426-5706. This information is also listed on the ATF announcement under USAJOBS. OPM did answer the phone extremely fast when I called. Just ask about your file and say that you were a 10 pt disabled vet that did not receive a call for a test date.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prada Police View Post
    Hey Gr3g6... Quick question for you and ofcourse you are at liberty to not answer this question. But out of curiosity. What is your background like.. school? military? LEO? Also, when did you recieve this email?
    I got the same email 4-17 and, in fairness, I wasn't expecting much with this listing. I just didn't expect to be pre-cut because of lack of military exp.

military none (clearly)
    age 25-30 I worked in finance right out of college and when that tanked i went back to school.

Education All qualify under superior academic achievement
    BA Forensic Psych (Biochem minor)
    MA Forensic Psych
    MA Criminal Justice Spec in Criminology-Deviance

A smarter move would have probably been an MS in Forensic Computing.

limited LEO exp
    investigations and supervision in US probation and pretrial services (mental health and sex offender units)

Good luck to those that went through, and sorry to those that didn't!
    Last edited by Fenris36; 04-27-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Forum Member

So I checked application manager and saw a "complete" and the date I took the SA exam. Under status there is a check mark with an "Ok". Does this mean a passing score? Anybody who took the exam see the same thing?

Forum Member
    Yes and no it does not mean you passed. I just checked another SA exam I took and failed and it says "OK" under status as well. It's just basically confirming that you took the exam.
    Last edited by semper03; 04-27-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris36 View Post
    I got the same email 4-17 and, in fairness, I wasn't expecting much with this listing. I just didn't expect to be pre-cut because of lack of military exp.

military none (clearly)
    age 25-30 I worked in finance right out of college and when that tanked i went back to school.

Education All qualify under superior academic achievement
    BA Forensic Psych (Biochem minor)
    MA Forensic Psych
    MA Criminal Justice Spec in Criminology-Deviance

A smarter move would have probably been joining the military

limited LEO exp
    investigations and supervision in US probation and pretrial services (mental health and sex offender units)

Good luck to those that went through, and sorry to those that didn't!
    Sorry, couldn't help it.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard if there are applicants from prior annoncements still in the pipeline for the upcoming academy?

Has anyone that took the test heard anything? Good or Bad???

Forum Member

I know its stressful for all of us who took the exam, but all we can do is wait. Sucks I know because I am in the same boat as everyone. I drove 8 hours to Chicago to take the exam, so I would love to know it was wasted or well worth it.

Forum Member

Hey everyone, first time posting on here. birdman0305, I took my test in Chicago as well. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indigenous View Post
    Sorry, couldn't help it.
    lol, yeah.

As of now, I'd say I have a better chance of getting into a PhD program than a 1811 posting.

It's like F- thinking of doing law school, joining up for 2 years apparently would enhance my resume more than anything else.

Anyway, that's a little off-topic from this thread. Good luck, everyone!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris36 View Post
    lol, yeah.

As of now, I'd say I have a better chance of getting into a PhD program than a 1811 posting.

It's like F- thinking of doing law school, joining up for 2 years apparently would enhance my resume more than anything else.

Anyway, that's a little off-topic from this thread. Good luck, everyone!
    Yep, right now unless your a pref eligible vet don't hold your breath.

Krash

I emailed OPM to ask why I haven't received a rejection email because I'm clearly not a vet. This is what they sent back. Seems to be an automated generated email response.

Good morning,
    Thank you for your interest in this position. We are still in the process of reviewing application packages and notifying applicants regarding their application status. All applicants will be notified by email within the next 2-3 weeks regarding status.

Forum Member

Anybody asked OPM when results of the test going to be out????? It has been over 2 weeks now, very long two weeks.(for some over 3 weeks)
    Last edited by szymon1017; 04-30-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Member

4-6 weeks..

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgov02 View Post
    Yep, right now unless your a pref eligible vet don't hold your breath.
    Not necessarily. I'm a preference eligible veteran who served and fought in that ****hole called Iraq and I can't get hired either. I wasn't injured; therefore, I am only a 5 pt vet so I am always passed over by 10 pters. I also have an education but have been unsuccessful in obtaining a federal LE job. I was invited to test and if I passed my odds are slim to none at securing one of these spots over a qualified 10 pt. vet. It is what it is I guess.
    FAMS

App Received 3/15/2011
    Met Quals 5/04/2011
    CO 5/04/2011
    Crim/Cred 5/07/2011
    FAB 5/16/2011
    FOS 5/24/2011
    Panel 8/09/2011
    Referred Blue star
    Hiring Freeze 1/2012

FBI SA

App 8/2011
    Phase I 9/2011
    Meet and Greet 10/2011
    Phase II ?

Forum Member

Thank you for your service SFvet. I understand what your saying and hopefully all 5 and 10 point vets get the opportunity to move on in the process. Since it's only vets testing I've got a feeling this will be like the HSI announcement for Vets and as long as you pass the test it won't matter what your preference points are.
    My comment was in reference to Fenris saying joining the military would help his resume more than anything else. In my opinion joining the military is one of the best things someone can do. It does have its times that it really sucks but overall for me it was the best decision i've ever made. Also those preference points right now are like gold.

Forum Member

Hang in there SFVet, as the economy picks up many will go to other jobs. Also a large number of unfilled positions will need to be filled. This reminds me of the 80's. It will pass, keep the drive and focus!

Forum Member

I guess a degree and 8 years of law enforcement (3 local investigative and 1 Fed investigative) werent enough qualifications. I received an email this morning stating that since I'm not a vet, I wont be considered at this time. Not that it hurts my feelings, as I was offered at my first choice agency a month ago (I wasn't going to show up at a test even if invited). But just figured I'd post here to inform everyone in the process to check their email.

Forum Member

Well tsfl89 I am a vet and received the same email. I called the number on the annoucement and she looked me up. The only vets who recevied invites were those who served during a time of conflict. They have specific years for that range. So that put me back into the non-vet group. Now my creds are 12 years law enforcement (federal/local), detective, degree, and 5 years USMC. So for all who are upset that only "vet" got the invite, that's not totally correct. You had to serve during a time of conflict. Hope that helps clear it up for some. It did for me.

Forum Member
    Typically they have periods of service that coincide with conflicts. Those periods are what categorize veterans as preference vets. The newest period of service that awards preference points is 9/11/2001-present. To be awarded these points a veteran doesn't necessarily have to serve in combat.

I don't exactly agree with the way they reward preferance points. I feel that any member that signs the dotted line and swears in should be awarded the minimum 5 pts. Just my .02 cents.
    Last edited by SFvet; 05-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    FAMS

App Received 3/15/2011
    Met Quals 5/04/2011
    CO 5/04/2011
    Crim/Cred 5/07/2011
    FAB 5/16/2011
    FOS 5/24/2011
    Panel 8/09/2011
    Referred Blue star
    Hiring Freeze 1/2012

FBI SA

App 8/2011
    Phase I 9/2011
    Meet and Greet 10/2011
    Phase II ?

Forum Member

SFvet I agree with you, but it is what it is. It seems that the way hiring is going now.

Forum Member

Been monitoring the thread since it was initiated and I apologize up front for being long-winded. I have 7.5 years Army CID, 3 years as a trooper, 1.5 years as 1811, B.S. Degree 3.64 GPA. BLUF, the Federal government is the most jacked up place I've ever worked, well, not as bad as CID, but close. It does not surprise me at all to hear all the horror stories on here of who didn't get selected to take the test. Wait until you go to FLETC and look around at some of those "outstanding" Federal agents in your class. I'm not exactly cream of the crop myself, but when you have to tell your fellow classmates not to shoot you in the back on the range, that's a wake-up call. There is no rhyme or reason to the government, and efficiency and common sense are out the door. For those who are FED and were prior police officers, you know the deal. If I didn't have so many mouths to feed, I'd be working the road again in a hearbeat. So much less red tape and a whole lot more freedom. I wish you all the best of luck and if does not or did not work out for you, consider it a blessing and move on. Knowing what I know now, it's a miracle I got hired. I've learned when it comes to the 1811 job series, to be happy it has a whole lot more to do with who you work with, who your immediate supervisor(s) is/are, and where you live, then the actual agency you work for. Take what you can get and be thankful because the competition is not going away.
    JohnnyV, Wentwest and tsfl89 like this.

Forum Member

bdc6196, good post. I remember thinking the samething when I went through FLETC. I thought I was the luckiest man in the world to be there. But you are correct, it's the federal government, no rhyme or reason sometimes. Glad I'm with a good agency now, if this 1811 thing don't work out. I'll retire here and head south! Stay safe and good luck guys.

Forum Member

Unfortunately, I got the email this week saying I wouldn't be invited to test. Good luck to those that move on.

Forum Member

Just got a call for the PT test. Mine is in 2 weeks. Anybody else get a call?

Forum Member

I also got called for the PT test. Mine is this week.

Page 27 of 146 First ... 17242526272829303777127 ... Last