Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member

Talking ketucky state police class 91

Well guys, completed the ksp physical test today........... Felt good about my performance. Now I need to do good on my oral board ................ The academy is expected to start on October I think............. Captain said they are about 500 people still in the process, I hope they hire the max of 100 cadets.

Forum Member

I'm with ya

Right there with you dude. Hope I do better on orals this year than last year. Although, I don't want to take away the importance of doing good on PT and orals, I wouldn't sweat it too much about the whole 500, hiring 100 scenario. Similar numbers every year, but by the time they get through the whole process, they are lucky to have 100 left standing they want.

Forum Member
    But, I do sweat the orals. That's my scariest part of the whole process. Hope I do good.

Forum Member
    I heard the have mock interviews at each post is that true

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by five.o.90 View Post
    I heard the have mock interviews at each post is that true
    I've never heard that before, so probably not, but I guess you could call a post to verify. I thought the oral boards were pretty tuff

Forum Member
    just curious how'd you do on your PT five.o? You aren't one of those guys that maxed out everthing are ya?

Forum Member
    Well I did not max out on everyone but I tried, the 1.5 run got me. I really need to work on running for the academy.

Forum Member
    I maxed out, per KSP guidelines, 2 of the 5 categories and did pretty good on the others. I'm looking forward to the oral board. We'll see. good luck.

Forum Member
    Well any news on how many people made it through the physical test.

Forum Member
    Hey everyone, glad to hear everyone enjoyed the PT test. I maxed everything expect for the 1.5 by 9 seconds. I need to turn in the background very soon and get ready for oral boards, I heard they can ask you about anything. Have any of you guys been through the process before and have any good advice to give?

Forum Member
    any idea on when they will be accepting applications for the 92nd class?

Forum Member
    Haven't heard. At the soonest I would think this fall, since 91 don't start until then. Quiet possible they won't take anymore until 91 is over (spring of 2013)

Forum Member
    Has anyone heard any new info about the class?

Forum Member
    I don't know how reliable it is, but I heard funding did not come through for this class and the start date has gotten pushed back until May 2013. I hope this is inaccurate. My fear would be that our test in this case would be void. I was under the impression that written scores are only good for 1 year. I hope we didn't get pushed back, AGAIN.

Forum Member
    I hope and pray that's not the case, May 2013 seems a long way off. But I do know for fact that the state budget passed with KSP getting a biannual budget cut of 2.2 percent. Hopefully that small cut did not push back the academy start date.

Forum Member
    Have you guys taken the Polygraph yet? And if so what is it like?

Forum Member
    I saw on the website today that they are taking applications starting in August for the summer 2013 class. This will be my first time applying, good luck to everyone.

Forum Member
    Yeah same here first timer but this is what I wanted to do since 16. If they take applications in August when would they test? If I can get through the written I've prepared well for the physical 700 pushup 5 sets of 60 pull ups and run 5 miles. But the oral is the main thing.

Forum Member
    I got a letter from an application I mailed them back in June afew weeks ago, I have the written exam on oct 19th, do they grade the written on the spot or do you take both written and PT same day?also how similar is the written to their study guide they have posted online for those who have taken it.

Forum Member
    Oral Boards coming up end of the month, anyone know the best way to prepare? Also does anyone know how many people are even still left the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Armykalan View Post
    Oral Boards coming up end of the month, anyone know the best way to prepare? Also does anyone know how many people are even still left the process?
    When I went through several years ago it was just three interviewers (two troopers and a female in plain clothes). They asked about 10 or so standard questions. Tips to prepare:

1. Of course dess nice
    2. Have responses to basic questions already thought out:
    a. Why do you want to join the KSP
    b. How do you handle stress
    c. Do you work well alone
    3. Look every interviewer in the eye as you are answering the question
    4. Don't ramble, be clear and concise

Forum Member
    Anyone start in march?

Forum Member
    they are doing backgrounds right now, I dont think it will start in march

Forum Member
    class start in May or June

Forum Member
    Supposedly in June. Has KSP contacted any of your all's references? I'm a little worried as mine haven't been contacted while others have. I have a 92 overall score but none of my references have been contacted while my friends has whom I scored 8-10pts higher than.
    Last edited by Hopeful_Trooper; 02-26-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast