Page 1 of 400 12341151101 ... Last
Like Tree5673Likes

Thread: 2012 Deputy U.S. Marshal's - Announcement for 3/5/2012

Forum Member

2012 Deputy U.S. Marshal's - Announcement for 3/5/2012

The USMS is currently recruiting for the announcement of the upcoming Deputy U.S. Marshal Competitive Examination. The announcement will be posted on the USAJOBS website on March 5, 2012. We will continue to update our website with more detailed information regarding the testing process.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/exam_flyer.pdf

Forum Member

Everyone knows...look at the other Marshal thread.

Operator
    Still boggles my mind why folks that are applying for this are posting info/links about it all over the web....

Just giving yourself more competition as there are only going to be so many slots filled...... And one could be SOL due to someone not knowing about it now knowing about.......

SMH.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Still boggles my mind why folks that are applying for this are posting info/links about it all over the web....

Just giving yourself more competition as there are only going to be so many slots filled...... And one could be SOL due to someone not knowing about it now knowing about.......

SMH.....
    +1

Forum Member

SMH.....
    I agree. Lets start talking about it after the announcement is closed.
    yess1976 likes this.
    1811 or bust

Forum Member

Doesn't really bother me. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that need a stable career right now... I don't mind trying to help a bit.

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by kxl77 View Post
    Doesn't really bother me. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that need a stable career right now... I don't mind trying to help a bit.
    Even if it means you are kicked out of the process.....?

Forum Member

Even if it means you are kicked out of the process.....?
    Truthfully, if there is someone more qualified than me so be it. I guess it doesn't hurt that I already have a LE career.

Forum Member

Hey, Bearcat, are you applying?

Patrullero
    A few posts on a random message board aren't going to make any difference. Apply early and take your time highlighting relevant experience/education when filling out the application. We aren't talking about some agency hiring for 1-5 positions, this is an announcement for the USMS hiring needs for several years and hundreds of people could be hired with it.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKansan View Post
    A few posts on a random message board aren't going to make any difference. Apply early and take your time highlighting relevant experience/education when filling out the application. We aren't talking about some agency hiring for 1-5 positions, this is an announcement for the USMS hiring needs for several years and hundreds of people could be hired with it.
    +1

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by fanhood View Post
    Hey, Bearcat, are you applying?
    Debating.... I'd take a HUGE paycut right off the bat......but if I could stay out here....I might.

I applied for ICE and have processed some....but thus far....ICE isn't wanting to put anyone out here.....so....

Customs Inspector
    +1..... Just to let you guys know also... Someone posted the announcement on the Delphi Customs Inspector board as well as the ICE IEA board. There are probably around 10,000 more applicants applying now :-( My application is going in at midnight on opening day....
    "Just another day in paradise"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodster11x View Post
    +1..... Just to let you guys know also... Someone posted the announcement on the Delphi Customs Inspector board as well as the ICE IEA board. There are probably around 10,000 more applicants applying now :-( My application is going in at midnight on opening day....
    Mine as well. Do most announcements open at midnight?

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by woodster11x View Post
    Someone posted the announcement on the Delphi Customs Inspector ....
    People are stupid..... Why in the world would you tell anyone....ESPECIALLY if you are applying for the position yourself.....

Forum Member

I've been saying it but people act like I'm wrong for keeping info to myself. It's beyond stupid to give yourself more competition. And all because you want to feel important by thinking your breaking the news....Common sense is really dead

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by VSP931 View Post
    It's beyond stupid to give yourself more competition.
    Yes it is....especially posting it on here and the delphi boards....

Every idiot/retard in the world will be applying.....and I would suspect keep a lot of good people out of the game due to them clogging things up.....because a lot of folks won't be qualfied but will apply anyway thinking they can sneak thru things......
    yess1976 likes this.

Forum Member

Exactly. The excuse that "if I get kicked out by someone more qualified" is not the problem. By spreading the word some idiots resume who isn't fit for rent a cop duty will bump you out of the process because he beat you to the punch. And you may call it helpful but I worry about people who cant keep any info to themselves. What are you gonna do when you know some good opsec info?

Operator
    Exactly. The excuse that "if I get kicked out by someone more qualified" is not the problem. By spreading the word some idiots resume who isn't fit for rent a cop duty will bump you out of the process because he beat you to the punch. And you may call it helpful but I worry about people who cant keep any info to themselves. What are you gonna do when you know some good opsec info?

Having been involved with the hiring of local and feds....there are a ton of folks that apply and shouldn't be.

I've arrested several for outstanding warrants and arrested several for driving on suspended/revoked licenses.....after watching them walk out of the station/building ticked off because we booted them from the process because of their background issues...only to see them drive away.....

So folks that don't get into the process can clearly thank others for posting the info on the web....because rest assured....on the morning of March 5th, there are going to be a crap ton of idiots applying for this job.....and kicking folks out of the process that are much more qualified than they are......

SMH....

Forum Member

Well said. Everyone needs to relax, the system will work itself out.
    USMS
    Applied - Sep 09'
    Cleared - Dec 10'
    FCIP dropped - Feb 11'

HSI VRA
    Cleared to EOD - 1/12/2012
    Call-???

Patrullero
    I've been saying it but people act like I'm wrong for keeping info to myself. It's beyond stupid to give yourself more competition. And all because you want to feel important by thinking your breaking the news....Common sense is really dead
    I haven't been going around posting the news all over the place, but I am not whining and crying because others are doing that. The USMS is not some small unknown agency, it is one of the most well known and famous federal LE agencies. This is the first time that they have opened up hiring in years, and you actually think for even a second that you were going to be able to keep it a secret so that you could slip in?

No one would even care if someone posted online that the FBI or USSS were hiring.
    Gmac47 likes this.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Operator
    No one would even care if someone posted online that the FBI or USSS were hiring.
    As famous as those agencies are...... Most tend to go for the USMS due to what they think it is.....hence the reason why folks need to apply early.....and other folks need to not run their mouths off......

And yes, I do believe a lot of good folks will be left out of this process because of others posting about the annoucement all over the web........

Forum Member
    The USMS are advertising as they should as an employer you want the largest applicant pool you can get. The ones that are not qualified will get eliminated. some qualified will proceed, so many put their eggs in one basket. When I first got into LE I shotgunned my application to both fed and local.

I was willing to accept a less desirable location to get the job. So many applicants want a specific location, which is fine, but there will always be guys who are willing to get their foot in the door and transfer later back home. See it all the time. I've seen selecting officials give favor to someone willing to go anywhere more so than I've seen selecting officials hire someone who would stay local other than CA.
    ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Forum Member

I go on this website to monitor upcoming announcements....so thank you to those who have posted.

Forum Member
    I understand being competitive folks, I'm pretty competitive myself. That being said, it seems like this is getting a little to malicious in my eyes. Yes, I understand people want the edge, but I don't know if I'm stoked to get a co-worker who appears, at least from these threads, to be so cut-throat. USMS is a large Agency, and they're advertising about this opening. Anyone who "googles" the Agency will see the home page and see that hiring is opening up. So I personally doubt that thousands of unqualified people will apply based off of this thread. If you meet the qualifications, and you do well in the application process, then you have nothing to worry about. It would be nice to see everyone take it down a notch on the sniping at each other on here, after all, you may be working together shortly! Good luck to all in the process!

SF,
    Mur-land

Page 1 of 400 12341151101 ... Last