Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: SLMPD testing.

Forum Member

I also passed the written and pt test for the MO State Highway Patrol while I was down there. I was told that they'll let me know if they want me to continue to the next step by April 23rd.

Forum Member

Made it past the oral board with the SLMPD. I head back on the 15th for the pt test.

Forum Member

Chris, did you find out if their hired are not?

Forum Member

Nope. A few of the people that I met after the interviews had heard the June timeframe to, but nothing official.

Forum Member

Passed the PAT today. Now onto the background check. Hopefully they'll find funding for a class.

Forum Member

Whats the hiring status with St. Louis Metro? I haven't been able to find much info about them.

Forum Member

They are always testing, however due to the budget, hiring is somewhat spotty right now. I would test wherever I can man.

Forum Member

hey everyone...just wondering if anyone has heard anything new?

Forum Member

I've been in the background stage for about a year now. I talked to a recruiter last week who told me the 2012 academies have been "temporarily suspended" due to their budget. If I had to guess I would say they have a very, very lengthy eligibility list, and unless your name is near the top, apply elsewhere.

Forum Member

Thanks, I dont know if im towards the top but i do know im on the list. But i appreciate the idea and might apply for county as well.

Forum Member

Stlsouthside, when did you receive notification that you made the eligibility list?

Forum Member

Im not exactly sure but i wanna say beginning of January. Hopefully I wont have to wait too long to get into a class.

Forum Member

I received my letter around the end of January. Yeah, I feel you man, we're in the same situation, we just have to be patient and pray everything get better soon.

Forum Member

Yeah I hope they get everything together soon. A friend of mine is a lil behind us in the process and they've been telling him hopefully around June or July will be the next one. Hopefully we can be in that one if the list isnt that long.

Forum Member

I wouldn't worry to much about the list. But if they're telling your friend around June, July, that amazing. I know the new fiscal year starts in July. Just stay out trouble man and focus on school if your in college.
    Last edited by quantezwilliams; 03-27-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Forum Member

Alrite u 2. I better start running i guess...haha
    Last edited by stlsouthside; 03-26-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Forum Member

Most definitely man. Start running , I heard that all you do in the academy..

Forum Member

Awesome...well looks like lifting weights and running starts tomorrow then.

Forum Member

Stlsouthside, can you PM me if possible? I have some questions to ask you.

Forum Member

Still no word from my side of things...just taking it one day at a time.

Forum Member

No word on my side either. We all have to be patient and what for the fiscal year July 1. @semo can you turn your PM on I have some question bro.

Forum Member

ST. LOUIS • Police Chief Daniel Isom is expected to recommend Wednesday cutting at least 80 of the city’s 1,300 officers this fiscal year to make up for increases in pay, health care and pension costs, according to city and police officials.*The department will cut positions over the year as cops quit or retire, not via layoffs, officials said. Thirty of the lost jobs will come from the end of a federal grant program.*The total budget is expected to increase, from $163 million this year to $172 million for fiscal year 2013, which starts in June, according to the city budget division.*But health care costs have risen by more than $1 million, officials said. Pension contributions will increase by more than $8 million– of which $5 million came as a surprise after the pension system reported an increase in retiree life expectancy.*And police officers, as terms of their first-ever collective bargaining agreement, will be eligible for about $2.5 million in seniority raises missed during the city’s past few years of fiscal crisis.*Jeff Roorda, business manager for the St. Louis Police Officer’s Association, said the union would not back down from that agreement. “So if a guy hasn't gotten a step increase for three years, he'll get three of them,” Roorda said. “It's a really big pay increase for guys newer to the department.”*The largest raises would come to newer officers, he said. In one of the most extreme examples, a fourth-year police officer could move to the seventh step all in one year, raising his salary almost $5,700, to $49,900, according to the 2011 salary matrix.*Roorda said the union wouldn’t back down from that deal, cut with the board as Mayor Francis Slay was seeking city control of the department. That effort failed, and the department is still run by the governor-appointed Board of Police Commissioners, on which Slay sits by virtue of his office.*“We consider the salary matrix a promise made,” Roorda said. “And the collective bargaining agreement makes it a promise kept.”*Roorda said union leaders have been meeting with city and police officials this winter to try to find ways to save some of the cuts, and he sharply criticized Isom for failing to attend.*Roorda also said that the union is protesting the pension increase. A report by the system’s actuaries changed the projected life expectancy of retirees and dependents, from 77 years old to 80, an increase the union doesn’t believe holds true in real life.*“We're still exploring legal options,” Roorda said. “We'd rather keep cops on the street than to see an additional sum of money go to the pension system for what we believe is an imagined change in mortality.”*The office of Mayor Francis Slay, however, said that the budget maintained the department, and that the loss of officers will be “imperceptible.”*“I think it's a very strong budget for police that sustains St. Louis's place among the best funded and best staffed departments in the nation,” said Eddie Roth, Slay’s newly appointed public safety director. The city’s “sustained, precipitous drop in crime,” Roth said, came from smart policing, not more officers.*Still, Roth said: “If I had to choose, would want more officers,” Roth said.*But the department’s recent success, he added, has come from deploying officers thoughtfully, eliminating duplicative efforts and putting the best people in the right spots.*

Just more and more bad news for current and potential officers

Forum Member

This news really sucks. I thought things where getting better for us. Well, its time to start applying elsewhere.
    Last edited by quantezwilliams; 05-14-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Forum Member

I hear ya man it really sucks that the time we have invested was virtually wasted.

Forum Member

semo11, where did you come across this information?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last