Page 3 of 7 First 123456 ... Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: OSHP April Class

Forum Member

I met with the recruiter today and he told me that the next academy should be starting around November 6th. He got my application uploaded today and said that i should expect to test sometime in June. He said getting through the process in time to attend the November class shouldn't be a problem.

Forum Member

I met with the recruiter today and he told me that the next academy should be starting around November 6th. He got my application uploaded today and said that i should expect to test sometime in June. He said getting through the process in time to attend the November class shouldn't be a problem.

Forum Member

Well good luck with your process. You are traveling from Texas everytime you are scheduled for a phase?

Forum Member

I spoke with my background investigator , moving onto the process now! Anyone else hear anything about your processing?

Forum Member

Congratulations! I am still waiting to hear something back. I wish you the best of luck with your background phase. You'll be done with everything in no time!

Forum Member

Thank you and good luck to you as well .

Forum Member

Yea, I'm gonna have to come up there for each phase. How much time passed between each of the phases that you went through so far?

Forum Member

Initial Interveiw - 01/03/2012
    PT/Written Test -02/22/2012
    Polygraph -03/28/2012
    Background Investigation- 04/11/2012
    This is what it looks like so far for me.Good luck .

Forum Member

I just had a meeting with my background investigater this past Friday and I think it went well. As far as the the process, mine has been about the same as towns3317 with each step being about a month apart. I have made the drive from North Carolina each time which does make it a little rough but I know in the end it will be worth it.
    Last edited by mcorey04; 04-15-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Forum Member

I was told today that the September academy is still a go, and that they also have tentative plans for another academy at the beginning of November. Just some info for everyone.

Forum Member

Hey, gentlemen. I got for the first physical test and written test on the 14th. Any advise? Recruiter told me I'd be in the class for December.

Forum Member

I just got my letter in the mail today from recruitment that my PT and written test is scheduled for May 30th.

Forum Member

What class did your recruiter tell you you'd be classing up for? She told me December...

Forum Member

Wulf, I was told back in March from my recruiter when I filled out my app that I would be testing and processing for the September class, but that could have change by now to the December class that you are talking about since my written exam isn't until May 30th. Although at this point I would be surprised if I processed fast enough to even get into the September class. I just sent my recruiter an e-mail to see what he knows.

Forum Member

Just waiting on confirmation. finished my background . Getting very confused with the dates. I was told September as well but I started processing in January .

Forum Member

Yea I started processing in March and take my physical test and written test on Monday. Kinda nervous about the run. Been trying to quit smoking but no success.

Forum Member

Well, I didn't make time on the run, but I'm gonna keep trying.

Forum Member

How is everyones processing going so far ?

Forum Member

I'm curious do they tell you guys before you get to the academy where your duty station is going to be?
    "In valor there is hope"

Forum Member

You will not find out until close to graduation time. Hoping to get close to home but will go where I am needed.

Forum Member

I'm 19 years old (will be 20 this september), in great shape and have a clean record. I'm from Michigan, but always wanted to be an Ohio trooper. I'm planning on applying when I turn 20, any suggestions? -Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by towns3317 View Post
    How is everyones processing going so far ?
    It's going good so far. I have completed my medical already. How about you?

Forum Member

I have also completed my medical exam. Waiting on word for my second physical fitness date.Recruitment said expect to be there in September , so just preparing for the Academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by towns3317 View Post
    I have also completed my medical exam. Waiting on word for my second physical fitness date.Recruitment said expect to be there in September , so just preparing for the Academy.
    Glad to hear it! We're almost there! I'll advise when I hear something.
    CPJ920 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys I just joined the forum and saw you all posting about the September class. Anyway, I applied to OSHP April 2011 and had the initial interview in May 2011. I waited about six months before I heard anything then finally I took the test/pt in November 2011. I then waited around another six months until April of this year I finally got a letter to take the polygraph. I took the polygraph in May and next week it will be two months since the poly. The recruiter and everyone has told me im processing for the September academy but I havent heard anything since the polygraph. Do you guys have any idea whats going on? Also, will I get a phone call from the background investigator or will I get another letter in the mail? When will i get the conditional offer?
    Last edited by CPJ920; 06-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Page 3 of 7 First 123456 ... Last