EOW: Friday, January 20, 2012

Bio & Incident Details
    Tour: Not available
    Badge # Not available
    Cause: Heart attack
    Incident Date: Friday, December 23, 2011
    Weapon: Person
    Suspect: Not available
    Correctional Officer Tracy Hardin died as the result of an injury suffered while struggling with an inmate at the High Desert State Prison.

Officer Hardin was speaking to the inmate about disciplinary issues when the inmate assaulted him. During the ensuing struggle Officer Hardin injured his ankle.

On January 20th, 2012, Officer Hardin was leaving the prison following his shift when he suddenly pulled into a pulloff outside of the employee parking lot. Seeing this, other officers immediately went to check on him and discovered he wasn't breathing. They immediately initiated CPR but were unable to revive him.

It was determined that a blood clot broke free from the injured ankle and caused him to suffer a fatal heart attack.

Officer Hardin had served with the Nevada Department of Corrections for five years.

RIP Officer Hardin

Forum Member

Wow, truly sad... RIP
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    -Ernest Hemingway

Forum Member
    That certainly sounds like an unusual way to go. But I think it illustrates how a line of duty death can take many forms, everything we do on the inside or the outside can be dangerous. My thoughts are with his family and department, RIP.

It's Complicated
    Wow.........................Rest in Peace
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Sergeant
    R.I.P. Officer Hardin.
    County Boy At Heart Law Man By Profession