Forum Member

CA POST Learning Domains - PDF/Digital Copy

Does anyone know if POST has the LD's available in PDF format for purchase? I know we can get it via Fedex Kinkos.

I'm starting the next academy soon and wanted to be able to study off an iPad or other digital device wherever I go in addition to the paper version.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AirWind23; 01-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Consistency isn't always good. Especially if you are consistently wrong.
    Certified Private Pilot

forum member
    The search function is your friend

http://forums.officer.com/showthread...arning-domains
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Forum Member

Thanks Deputy for the reply. Actually, i'm looking for the full text LD's not the overview docs that are available free on POST - located here: https://docstore.fedex.com/post_ca/PreCatalogAction.do
    Certified Private Pilot

Forum Member

I've had digital copies of the LD's for a couple of years, but I've read that they have been updated.

Forum Member

Are they available to be purchased from Kinkos? How did you go about getting digital copies of the LDs? Thanks.
    Certified Private Pilot

forum member
    my apologies
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirWind23 View Post
    Are they available to be purchased from Kinkos? How did you go about getting digital copies of the LDs? Thanks.
    I don't think Kinkos offers the digital format. I was given the digital copies by my academy staff, but I also purchased the hard copies from Kinkos since they are very useful to bring to class.

Chicks Dig It
    The digital copies of the Learning Domains are online, however you need to have a POST Log in to view them.
    CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Retired Sergeant - CHP
    Have you looked through the website? Look under TRAINING...........

CA P.O.S.T.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Chicks Dig It
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtCHP View Post
    Have you looked through the website? Look under TRAINING...........

CA P.O.S.T.
    It's not on there. It only shows like requirements. You have to log into POST to see them.
    CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Retired Sergeant - CHP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCEnforcer29 View Post
    It's not on there. It only shows like requirements. You have to log into POST to see them.
    Exactly! That is why I posted the link. This is contained within that link: Obtaining a POST ID
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Forum Member

I asked the staff and they advised I would not be able to attain them until the academy and they had no info on PDF copies.

I wanted to use my time wisely till Day 1 and study, but seems I can't physically hold them till then, unfortunately. =/
    Certified Private Pilot

forum member
    You'll have plenty of time to study...it's not really that stressful. I think you are stressing yourself out more NOW!

The academic part is quite easy...the physical part may not be so easy if you're not prepared.

Chicks Dig It
    The LD's are an 8th grade level. There's really no need to start studying LD's now, especially when you may not have that LD for 5 months. There should be other things you could study like radio codes, law enforcement code of ethics, Peelian Reform, etc. I don't know what information your academy requires you to know on Day 1.
    CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Forum Member

work on your writing skills. i always thought i was a good writer but when it came to report writing in FTO or otherwise it's not sometimes what you say but how you say it. work on the flow of your narratives, words to know and phrases to avoid. practice printing in block lettering. as others have said before, the LDs are long and wordy but fairly easy to understand. not all of the information in there is necessary to be memorized. your instructor in the academy should go over the important points from each LD and what is more of a "info only" or supplementary material section...