Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... Last
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Virginia State Police 119th

Ask,Tell,Make

Virginia State Police 119th

118th is getting ready to kick off soon

12/3 Was apparently the first round of testing of the new set of dates for the 119th for 11/2012.

Who was at 12/3 Phase I and who's got their paperwork in for future test dates?

I'm sure there will be carry over for the guys/gals they couldn't finish out for the 118th. Said they expected to have a pool of approx 1600 applicants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Quote Originally Posted by CruiserClass View Post
    OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 02paul09 View Post
    118th is getting ready to kick off soon

12/3 Was apparently the first round of testing of the new set of dates for the 119th for 11/2012.

Who was at 12/3 Phase I and who's got their paperwork in for future test dates?

I'm sure there will be carry over for the guys/gals they couldn't finish out for the 118th. Said they expected to have a pool of approx 1600 applicants.
    I was at phase I on Dec. 3rd.. I completed my PHQ on monday, now I sit and wait for 6-8 weeks for the results..

Forum Member

Well I'm tossing my hat into the ring. Put my application in.

Forum Member

Got a packet in the mail today saying I was invited. Being all the way in NY, I'll have to see what the finances are like come January (testing starts 1/28). Hopefully can attend though.

Forum Member

2 guys showed up Sat in regular street clothes
    Hope they didn't have a long drive home (This is a post from thread 118)

Read your letter and do exactly as it states, or you'll have a long drive home.

Forum Member

Heard a RUMOR the 119th will not happen as there will be a hiring freeze after the 118th. Not sure what to think.

Ask,Tell,Make
    pretty sure every academy everywhere has someone say that line, it is what it is
    The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by v335690 View Post
    Heard a RUMOR the 119th will not happen as there will be a hiring freeze after the 118th. Not sure what to think.
    Freezing of that school was NOT listed as a proposed budget reduction measure, for whatever thats worth.

Forum Member

Yeah but I think only the 118th was actually funded the last time around correct? Either way I wouldn't worry about it. Do the testing, get it out of the way and start the waiting game

Forum Member

Yeah, the waiting game is the fun part... lol Should find out within two weeks if I got into the 118th.

Forum Member

I was in testing for the 117th ..passed everything and told to reapply AFTER Jan 8th which was after my Phase 1 testing day for that class. Reason I wasn't accepted I was told due to so many applications from many more qualified after spending the time and money thru all those 3 phases. SO.... I'm going to reapply once more come Jan9th and see what happens - at least this time I know what to expect and it should be a little easier but guys, don't get you're hopes up for just very reason!

Ask,Tell,Make
    ran into that plenty of times throughout this experience, especially when you have an applicant pool as large as the ones for state agencies. I expect to pass everything but don't plan on actually getting selected, these things happen

Forum Member

I wish you all the bests. Stick with it. If you want it bad enough it will happen.

Forum Member

Yeah, I'm definitely not counting my chickens before they hatch. Just ready to finally get that letter once and for all and know one way or the other. I've gotten rejected twice already so this isn;t my first rodeo. Hopefully it's my last one!

Forum Member

Let's jut say I'm being cautiously optimistic

Ask,Tell,Make
    I've ran the gauntlet through these processes of being optimistic to pessimistic and currently realistic, it is what it is I just go through the motions nowadays. I've been hired twice so far but havnt made the cut for a whole bunch, it's all part of the game just shred the rejection letters and move along.

Forum Member

yup, exactly.. who did you get hired by and why didn't you take it?

Ask,Tell,Make
    I got hired by two depts in PA, first was part time and current dept is full time I took both offers just looking to move depts again.

Forum Member

Oh I gotcha, so you are currently LE

Ask,Tell,Make
    yes sir I am been on the street about 2 years

Forum Member

Oh, that's cool! What department?

Ask,Tell,Make
    actually just got hired again last night, new dept is right outside Philadelphia, should be a fun time

Forum Member

That's cool, are you quitting your old one?

Ask,Tell,Make
    yes sir, I will finish out VSPs process I'll leave without a question if I get offered a spot

Forum Member

Has anyone received any notification from the Dec. 3rd Phase I?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... Last