Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,470

    Occupy Oakland protester takes a gas canister to the head


  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    2,104
    Well, I guess he just got his chance to be part of the 1% (lawsuit).
    Not 100% sure whats up with the flash bang after he was down, I'd like to think it was thrown to clear the crowd away from him. One way or the other though, it's not going to look good in the media (than again not much does).
    Last edited by CACBAND; 10-29-2011 at 12:10 AM.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    south
    Posts
    563
    First of all, that is not a video. That is a slideshow of still-frame pictures. Totally worthless.

    Secondly, I don't believe that the police meant to hit him in the head with the gas canister, that'd be a pretty tough shot anyway. I've never fired one but it doesn't look like those are as accurate as a rifle or anything.

    And this guy does't appear to be totally innocent. The mayor had called for the police to disperse the crowd, the police can be heard giving an audible warning that "chemical agents" will be used to disperse the crowd if they do not move. According to the pictures provided, this subject appeared to be leading the crowd as he was standing in front of them in an authoritative & defiant (yet not violent) position. The tear gas was clearly used to get the crowd TFO of the streets.

    Regardless, yes he will probably get money.
    Last edited by headonstraight; 10-29-2011 at 01:14 AM.

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by headonstraight View Post
    First of all, that is not a video. That is a slideshow of still-frame pictures. Totally worthless.

    Secondly, I don't believe that the police meant to hit him in the head with the teargas canister, that'd be a pretty tough shot anyway. I've never fired one but it doesn't look like those are as accurate as a rifle or anything.

    And this guy does't appear to be totally innocent. The mayor had called for the police to disperse the crowd, the police can be heard giving an audible warning that "chemical agents" will be used to disperse the crowd if they do not move. According to the pictures provided, this subject appeared to be leading the crowd as he was standing in front of them in an authoritative & defiant (yet not violent) position. The tear gas was clearly used to get the crowd TFO of the streets.

    Regardless, yes he will probably get money.
    Which link did you click? The top one has a video. Granted heavily edited and not the best, a video non-the-less.

  5. #5
    forum member
    deputy x 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calee transplant- Adirondack Mts of NY
    Posts
    7,480
    First of all it's Oakland Caleeee....need I say anymore?

    If it was a cannister...it must have bounced. Surely a direct hit from the cannister would have killed him. Before any deployment of "less lethal" riot control, there is an announcement and a way out...if you disregard the announcement...you are fair game.

    I've seen people get hit with the wooden dowels......yikes. If you don't want to get hit...leave the area like you are told!

    OPD and the Blue Meanies don't mess around.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

  6. #6
    Bigfoot Country
    JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,894
    Is he a soldier? I hope the Navy dude and him get court martialed if they are active duty. They were standing there being heroes long after the canisters were being dispersed so it looks like he took his chances and came up short..

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    south
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by CACBAND View Post
    Which link did you click? The top one has a video. Granted heavily edited and not the best, a video non-the-less.
    If we are watching the same link, I saw a slideshow of pictures that appeared to be a frame every 2-3 seconds, like a cartoon flip-book instead of a continuous video.

  8. #8
    forum member
    deputy x 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calee transplant- Adirondack Mts of NY
    Posts
    7,480
    Here is KTVU's coverage...note KTVU is based in Oakland.

    http://www.ktvu.com/index.html

    Media is going crazy with this. He is a Iraq war vet. Mayor called for dispersement...and now is apologizing because someone got hurt! Duh! She just got into the position and is as wishy washy as all heck.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

  9. #9
    Bigfoot Country
    JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,894
    Quote Originally Posted by headonstraight View Post
    If we are watching the same link, I saw a slideshow of pictures that appeared to be a frame every 2-3 seconds, like a cartoon flip-book instead of a continuous video.
    It was choppy for me until I let it buffer. Probably 10,000 hippies are watching it while tokin up tonight.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    FJDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,075
    The news down here in So Calee says he is a general discharge Marine who was discharged before his contract was up...nothing further on that. His room mate served with him in Iraq, and had the same discharge from the Corps.

    Yes, they will get money, and lawyers will get filthy rich off this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

  11. #11
    forum member
    deputy x 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calee transplant- Adirondack Mts of NY
    Posts
    7,480
    Quote Originally Posted by FJDave View Post
    The news down here in So Calee says he is a general discharge Marine who was discharged before his contract was up...nothing further on that. His room mate served with him in Iraq, and had the same discharge from the Corps.

    Yes, they will get money, and lawyers will get filthy rich off this one.
    Betcha it's gonna be ole John Burris......the only difference is this time the guy is white!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    EmmaPeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    3,554
    Well look who it is, my favorite sympathizer pushing his usual propaganda. The BS the anarchists and their cousins in the MSM have been selling is about to catch up with them. Been reading polls by any chance? About 60% see right through the bull. Each day they see more. It doesn't take rocket science to know someone would not have hit his head on purpose. Just because the cowards like Oakland's mayor is sympathizing with you folks now doesn't mean all the "normal people" don't see through it.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    lpstopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,318
    Dont wanna get hurt? Well dont keep standing there when your told to leave and tear gas is flying. Did anyone else notice how they were yelling "MEDICCC" like it was black hawk down or something?
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

    "Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

  14. #14
    Half Cocked Infidel

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    300
    I seen this on the news yesterday. They said he was a iraq vet from the corps who had a less than honerable discharge. I believe they said he had a fractured skull and was hooked up to all kinds of crap.

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    EmmaPeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by deputy x 2 View Post
    Here is KTVU's coverage...note KTVU is based in Oakland.

    http://www.ktvu.com/index.html

    Media is going crazy with this. He is a Iraq war vet. Mayor called for dispersement...and now is apologizing because someone got hurt! Duh! She just got into the position and is as wishy washy as all heck.
    The whole movement will get a little mileage while the regular folks take time to process it.....but the OWS hippies have overplayed their hands and it's only a matter of time before they run out of steam.

    By the way, everyone keep sending emails, hacks, or anything received along those lines to the Federal Trade Commission. They -for one- are on their a**es like flies on sh**. It's gonna be fun taking out the popcorn in oh about 6 -8 weeks from now.

  16. #16
    Half Cocked Infidel

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by lpstopper View Post
    Did anyone else notice how they were yelling "MEDICCC" like it was black hawk down or something?
    lmao. they would have got help if they knew to yell CORPSMAN!

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by lpstopper View Post
    Dont wanna get hurt? Well dont keep standing there when your told to leave and tear gas is flying. Did anyone else notice how they were yelling "MEDICCC" like it was black hawk down or something?
    Yeah, watch some of the OC spray videos from around the country for any number of events. They all have "medics" (or people with I assume little more than basic first-aid training) on their protest staff.

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    EmmaPeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    3,554
    Anybody see the open letter from NYPD Sergeants Benevolent Association to the hippies? Basically it said something along the lines of "20 of our officers have been hurt in New York" and we Sergeants aren't going to put up with this ****. Any of you pieces of sh** thinking of laying a hair on any more of our officers are going to be sued from here to kingdom come in civil court.

    I broke out my special wine when I read that one.

  19. #19
    -A-
    -A- is offline
    Forum Member
    -A-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    eastern
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    Anybody see the open letter from NYPD Sergeants Benevolent Association to the hippies? Basically it said something along the lines of "20 of our officers have been hurt in New York" and we Sergeants aren't going to put up with this ****. Any of you pieces of sh** thinking of laying a hair on any more of our officers are going to be sued from here to kingdom come in civil court.

    I broke out my special wine when I read that one.
    Oh dang, link please?
    Semper Paratus/Always Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by jakflak View Post
    The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

    Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

    : )

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by -A- View Post
    Oh dang, link please?
    http://sbanyc.org/documents/occupyWallStreetPR.pdf

  21. #21
    -A-
    -A- is offline
    Forum Member
    -A-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    eastern
    Posts
    771
    Hmmm lets see... The Occupy members :

    -Destroyed public and private property
    -Looted
    -Created a safety a hazerd, disrupted traffic and blocked roadways
    -reports of a sexual assault, a violent beating and fires being set in their "camp"
    -Destroyed a CHP cruiser
    -Reports of unsanitary conditions
    -Assaulted Police Officers by throwing rocks, bottles, paint (chemical agent), knives and etc.. at them

    And ye I've still been debating with people that say the Occupy members in Oakalnd are only exercising their rights and that the police are beating them down like in Libya....
    Semper Paratus/Always Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by jakflak View Post
    The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

    Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

    : )

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    EmmaPeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    3,554
    http://geonewsblog.blogspot.com/2011...rotesters.html

    Sorry, A, I couldn't find the thingy that lets you post the link. There are lots of articles about it. Google NYPD Sergeants SBA (Sergeants Benevolent Association) open letter or somethiing along those lines.

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    EmmaPeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by -A- View Post
    Hmmm lets see... The Occupy members :

    -Destroyed public and private property
    -Looted
    -Created a safety a hazerd, disrupted traffic and blocked roadways
    -reports of a sexual assault, a violent beating and fires being set in their "camp"
    -Destroyed a CHP cruiser
    -Reports of unsanitary conditions
    -Assaulted Police Officers by throwing rocks, bottles, paint (chemical agent), knives and etc.. at them

    And ye I've still been debating with people that say the Occupy members in Oakalnd are only exercising their rights and that the police are beating them down like in Libya....
    Don't worry.....even the dumbest Americans among us are starting to see through this sh**. In fact the REAL protestors have pretty much gone home. They had jobs they finally had to go back to. The remainding crowd are anarchists, professional protestors, union agitators, hippies, low-lifes, etc.....

  24. #24
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,439
    God, I'm ready for this "Occupy" crap to end.

  25. #25
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,470
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    Well look who it is, my favorite sympathizer pushing his usual propaganda. The BS the anarchists and their cousins in the MSM have been selling is about to catch up with them. Been reading polls by any chance? About 60% see right through the bull. Each day they see more. It doesn't take rocket science to know someone would not have hit his head on purpose. Just because the cowards like Oakland's mayor is sympathizing with you folks now doesn't mean all the "normal people" don't see through it.

    I'm not sure who you think this type of internet aggression impresses. I'm not into this left vs. right stuff quite so much. Both parties are spend stupid. Social stratification models, from either angle, can only do so much. As those who are unprepared to do so continue to breed at ever increasing rates, we have an interesting future in store for us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register