Page 1 of 14 123411 ... Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any car enthusiasts on here?

Forum Member

Any car enthusiasts on here?

Searched a couple of pages and couldn't find a thread so I figured I'd start one.

If so, What are you into? American, European, Classics, Racing (Either spectator or weekend track guys)

I personally am into Shelby, Corvette, Ferrari, and Porsche, some of the greatest names in the business

I also despise ricers...........

Forum Member
    I personally hate ricers as well, i dont think anyone likes ricers except ricers themselves. They give people with import cars a bad name.

Im in to German cars. I have a AWP 1.8t jetta. My heart is in rotaries.
    Used to have a rx7 but i had to sell it to move out. Ill be getting another one as soon as i get a house.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
    I personally hate ricers as well, i dont think anyone likes ricers except ricers themselves. They give people with import cars a bad name.

Im in to German cars. I have a AWP 1.8t jetta. My heart is in rotaries.
    Used to have a rx7 but i had to sell it to move out. Ill be getting another one as soon as i get a house.
    I do like some japanese cars, but the ricers do give the cars a bad rap. I just cant see how people can do it. If i don't pass a civic SI with a ten inch exhaust tip and some balls hanging off a tow hook(?) on my way to school, somethings wrong...LOL

My first car was a jetta! I beat the hell out of it. Took it like a champ. I think it was a 95. Stock all the way except for an ipod cable and a new car smell air freshener. It was my dad's "ghetto cruiser" when he worked in the south bronx. Now we share a 97 maxima with a 5spd. He calls it a rocket ship lol. I love the manual tranny, it seems to be getting phased out which kind of sucks.

Forum Member
    The normal 5spd is kinda. Most people are going for the triptronic transmissions Or the Paddle shifters or the double clutch electronic shifters.
    Ive never seen a car that needs anything bigger then a 3" tip on it. I run a 2.5" exhaust with 2 1.5" tips on it. I may go for a 3" all the way back when i up grade to a larger turbo.

Right now im just chiped with a aftermarket downpipe and a forged diverter valve.

Forum Member
    The biggest exhaust tips I've seen on a car that actually look good are Quad 4" tips on a C6 Z06 but they were carbon fiber so it dulled them out a little bit. I'm putting money away for a Z06 but I've still got a couple years to go. I've promised myself I'll have one before I'm 30. I drove a friends C6 that his parents bought him as a graduation present...........Nearly killed himself within three months. You've got to respect the power these newer cars are making. Its unbelievable. I dont know if anyone can tell, but my passion is cars.

Surfing Socal
    There are some people on here who have some really nice fast cars. I have had 6 corvettes, 1 dodge viper and a couple of built up trans ams. I like American muscle.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Forum Member

American Muscle here as well.
    Will always be a Ford fanboy, and I loved the hell out my Mustang GT before I sold it. Upgraded it from end to end.

Ford GT, GT500, Corvette, Camaro, GTO, and Viper are my favorites to gawk at.

Forum Member

American muscle for me, too! specifically the 60s muscle cars & vintage drag racing. Over the past few years I've had 3 Hemi Darts, & an Altered. I can appreciate the American sports cars, just can't afford 'em. "Ricers" just don't make sense to me, although I can appreciate some of their technology. Now if price was no object, gimme an old Can-Am car any day!

Forum Member

There's no replacement for displacement. That being said, I've grown (aged) to appreciate handling more than straight-line raw power. I've been to truck pulls too, but I wouldn't have one for a driver.

I wish I had the money for a supercar for every day of the month (I'd start with the Audi R8). Since I don't, I live with my '08 Subaru STi that's only slightly modded: custom tune, cat-back exhaust, down pipe, & CAI on the power train. Some stiffeners here-and-there for the suspension. Other than that are some OEM options that I DIYd instead of financing them with the original purchase (side molding, intelligent mirror, audio, that kind of stuff).

It's only +58hp and +60tq over OEM but it sticks like glue when the road gets bendy. And it doesn't sound like a straight-piped sewing machine while doing it (throaty and dBA tested to meet DOT standards).
    Last edited by Bounce; 10-05-2011 at 11:50 AM.

(Negative 29...)

RE: Any car enthusiasts on here?

I will be when it's all paid for.......

Forum Member
    How cool would this be?

http://wot.motortrend.com/video-find...-r-123139.html

The only car I've ever seen besides the standard sedans and suvs was a dodge challenger which was pretty cool.

Thats alot of money for a police car though...

bird of prey

Quote Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
    There are some people on here who have some really nice fast cars. I have had 6 corvettes, 1 dodge viper and a couple of built up trans ams. I like American muscle.

^------this. i've had an old v6 camaro, then a 99 trans-am, 99 SS, and now a 02 formula with 25k on the clock. all modded and 6 speed except the v6
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Poke'mon Master

Quote Originally Posted by cjstudent22 View Post
    Searched a couple of pages and couldn't find a thread so I figured I'd start one.

If so, What are you into? American, European, Classics, Racing (Either spectator or weekend track guys)

I personally am into Shelby, Corvette, Ferrari, and Porsche, some of the greatest names in the business

I also despise ricers...........
    Well.. the search function on this website sucks becuase I have made several threads. Let me start by saying I had a 500+hp EVO. Upgrates included but were not limited to:Gt35r turbo, Full Race turbo manifold, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, hks 280 cams, walbro fuel pump, 1000cc rc injectors, snow performance methanol kit with upgraded pump, aquamist methanol safety kit, AMS FMIC, turbo xs rfl bov, manual boost controller, injen short ram intake, injen intercooler piping, slim fan upgrade, ect ect ect... on 25psi i made 504hp (which is low boost for a g35r). I didnt always start at the top of the food chain. I started with a 2002 honda civic si with intake, and exhaust. I thought i was the fastest ish on the street. Then I traded that in for my evo. While I had my evo I bought a candy apple red yamaha yzf r1 (which is what you really call fast). Also while I had my evo I bought a srt-4 (which I daily drove). I sold my evo, sold my srt-4 and bought a 2009 infiniti g37s. I am in the process of purchasing a twin turbo kit with 2 gt30r turbo charger. I plan on making somewhere near 600hp. I have a few projects in my mind when I am done with that. AWD 4G63 powered crx..... 1993-1996 mazda rx7 powered miata..... twin turbo camaro with lq9 bottom end and ls7 head... I'm kind of a car guy.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Flaps 35 please
    Rally cars are awesome, anything that does more than just go fast in a straight line.
    Life is what you make of it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    ^------this. i've had an old v6 camaro

you might want to keep that to yourself next time.

Ford Fairlane

73 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ with the 455 (7.5L) 4 bbl quadrajet motor (you don't gas guzzling until you've punched one of these babies on the highway entrance ramp)

'80 Camaro w/350 (funny thing is that, while Wiki reports it out performed the 'Vette's and other muscle cars of its time, it only had about 170Hp)

'03 Subaru WRX

'08 WRX STi (measured 290+hp and 300+tq to the wheels: fine for a daily driver - with the 80k mile factory extended warranty still in tact. Not bad for under $2k in bolt ons and a custom tune.)

Lots of pickup trucks & motorcycles scattered in between these. Fortunately my HD days were behind me so the PU trucks weren't needed to get the bikes back home.

Props to SBSO for his Evo build.
    Last edited by Bounce; 10-06-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Surfing Socal

Red face

[QUOTE=Bounce;2896363]

'80 Camaro w/350 (funny thing is that, while Wiki reports it out performed the 'Vette's and other muscle cars of its time, it only had about 170Hp)

Yep Corvettes sucked back at that time. Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds all were better cars then the vettes from about 76 to 82. Now the ZR1 sets the standards for American muscle cars (Ok Viper is pretty fast also).
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Forum Member

I love cars! Too bad I don't have time and can't decide what car I want to work on.

So I stick with my 08 wrangler with a 3'' lift 35's and try to spend my weekends off pavement.

Also my college room mate and I are in the process of restoring a 1951 willy's wagon. Want an eye opening experience in working on a car; rebuild a flathead!

Forum Member

I grew up hotrodding in the late 70's/early 80's and only liked American muscle. Something happened and I went to the VW Beetle camp. I didn't get back into performance until a few years ago when I got into the MINI world. I've had 4 MINIs and loved them all, including the great community. I was on the net for at least an hour or two a night in MINI related sites, went on runs, and even went to the 50th anniversary party in England. Too bad I really hated the company, MINIUSA and their dealer network enough to completely get out of the hobby a few months ago. Now, my perfomance fix comes from my wife's '11 Lexus IS350.
    P.S. I love American muscle but have no desire to ever get anything. I enjoy watching Mecum Auto Auction every now and then to get my muscle fix but I really love UK's Top Gear. I still watch US Top Gear and the Car Show but Top Gear UK is by far, the best.

(Negative 29...)
    I would have to say my Dad's 1971 Ford Torino. Had the 428 Cobra under the hood. Also, my Mom's car. She had a 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback. Won't swear to it, but I think it had the 4.9L Windsor V8 in it. It was lots of fun riding in those cars.

Forum Member

Our next car (in the process of buying a house now) that will serve to satisfy any needs that my wife and I may have will be a 06-08 BMW M5 (SMG tranny) I love German cars and a V10 that makes 500hp and redlines at over 8,000RPM should do the trick.

It's an all purpose luxury car that you can drive daily and take on long road trips with plenty of room and has more then enough balls to run with the best of em. What else does one need?

I absolutely love Vipers and we could get one for around the same price as an M5 but I don't see it as being practical whatsoever (dammit)

Forum Member
    American muscle. My 16th birthday present was a '70 Charger 440 R/T. Bought myself a '70 GTX with a 440 in it a few years later and now own an '02 Firebird. Had a few Mopars in between that and a Probe. Had a '64 Mustang and a '71 Mach 1.

I have to quit saying "How stupid can you be?" Some people are taking it as a challenge!

If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons make people fat!

Forum Member
    If you like classic cars you should make the treck to the Ms Gulf Coast during the first week of October every year for Cruising the Coast. To many cars to even begin to look at. Anything you could imagine is here right now.Our paper has a lot of photos.

www.sunherald.com
    Geaux Tigers

Poke'mon Master

Quote Originally Posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
    Well.. the search function on this website sucks becuase I have made several threads. Let me start by saying I had a 500+hp EVO. Upgrates included but were not limited to:Gt35r turbo, Full Race turbo manifold, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, hks 280 cams, walbro fuel pump, 1000cc rc injectors, snow performance methanol kit with upgraded pump, aquamist methanol safety kit, AMS FMIC, turbo xs rfl bov, manual boost controller, injen short ram intake, injen intercooler piping, slim fan upgrade, ect ect ect... on 25psi i made 504hp (which is low boost for a g35r). I didnt always start at the top of the food chain. I started with a 2002 honda civic si with intake, and exhaust. I thought i was the fastest ish on the street. Then I traded that in for my evo. While I had my evo I bought a candy apple red yamaha yzf r1 (which is what you really call fast). Also while I had my evo I bought a srt-4 (which I daily drove). I sold my evo, sold my srt-4 and bought a 2009 infiniti g37s. I am in the process of purchasing a twin turbo kit with 2 gt30r turbo charger. I plan on making somewhere near 600hp. I have a few projects in my mind when I am done with that. AWD 4G63 powered crx..... 1993-1996 mazda rx7 powered miata..... twin turbo camaro with lq9 bottom end and ls7 head... I'm kind of a car guy.
    I found a really cheap kit on the internet for the G37S. Wasnt a twin turbo kit. It was only a single turbo kit. I was thinking I would buy the kit (850$ which is dirt cheap). Sell the cheap turbo that came with it to get a nice gt45r turbo or something stupid big like that. System comes with all piping, fmic, and everything I need. Will probably save about 3-4k doing it this way
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Forum Member
    Another cheap way to get a turbo kit is go to a you pull it junk yard and get one off another car. Unless it was a front in collision the FI kit should still be in good condition. Check alot of the diesel cars, most people over look them for parts because they dont realize some of the parts are the same as a normal gas car. I know a few people that have gotten some really nice Kits for there 240sx's from junk yards.

Forum Member

Fiancee has a 10 Camero SS

Ive got a 2012 Challenger RT Classic on order, but am very seriously considering cancelling the order. Im so tired of Dodges customer service and the nightmare that has been involved in ordering this car.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... Last