Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Iranian Navy Plans to Send Ships Near U.S. Waters

Iranian Navy Plans to Send Ships Near U.S. Waters

Iranian Navy Plans to Send Ships Near U.S. Waters

The Iranian navy plans to move naval vessels out of the Persian Gulf and into the Atlantic Ocean, "near maritime borders of the United States," the Tehran Times reported Tuesday.

According to the English-language paper based in Tehran, the announcement came from a top Iranian naval officer on Tuesday.

“As the global arrogance (forces of imperialism) have a (military) presence near our sea borders, we also plan to have a strong presence near the U.S. sea borders with the help of the soldiers who are loyal to the vali-e faqih (supreme jurisprudent),” said Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, as quoted and paraphrased by the Tehran Times.

"We've been pushing freedom of the seas for years and the Iranian navy can go wherever it wants," said Pentagon Spokesman Capt. John Kirby.
    At least, if they do anything stupid, our navy won't have to travel far to kick their tail.
    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Something tells me we shouldn't be that concerned about this.....

retired and FiVo3 like this.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Caution: Unvetted member. KenW.'s Avatar
    It's a long distance to paddle.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

It'll just make it easier on our ships to reload. Why'd I say that? We wouldn't have to reload because we would hit them first shot. It'll also save us money on target ships.

IRANIAN NAVY SUMMARY

STRENGTH
    18,000 (38,000, including the IRGC naval branch)
    ----------------------
    255 + surface ships
    3 subs all formerly American deisels.
    aircraft
    and tenders.

Their largest ship is a frigate (3)
    (2) corvette class one is their flagship, Alvand
    20 fast attack missle
    etc.
    2/3rds of the 255 are river patrol boats.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Quote Originally Posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    They're gonna invade New Orleans!!!!!

“We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthead View Post

Maybe they can do something with the place.

Don't worry guys, I'm on it....

Code10-15 likes this.

Annoyed, amazed & amused! Kieth M.'s Avatar
    Iranians near water? Just drop Irish Spring and Dial soap bars. They'll scatter like fallen leaves in a Kansas windstorm!
    Try2Live4God likes this.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

Forum Member
    OMG this thread had me laughing in tears. And yep, nothing to worry about. They're such idiots to think anyone cares...

Our best weapon would be to ignore them.
    Try2Live4God likes this.

South central escapee... DOAcop38's Avatar

The U.S. Coast Guard could OUTGUN THEM in a head to head using some of their 50 yr old MOTHBALLED ships..... this is a non story...

the "reality" is that the U.S.C.G will simply end up TOWING the "Iranian Navy" into port when their crap breaks down at sea ( can hear the radio call now, " help! we hate you ,but PLEASE, coast Guard, our "war" ship is sinking, we have NO food left, and we've run out of drinking water!!! We HATE you, but for the LOVE OF ALLAH, DON'T LET US DROWN!!!"
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Quote Originally Posted by JasperST View Post
    Don't worry guys, I'm on it....

.. AND you STILL OUTGUN THE "iranian Navy", commodore Jasper ST!!!!
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Quote Originally Posted by DOAcop38 View Post
    The U.S. Coast Guard could OUTGUN THEM in a head to head using some of their 50 yr old MOTHBALLED ships..... this is a non story...

the "reality" is that the U.S.C.G will simply end up TOWING the "Iranian Navy" into port when their crap breaks down at sea ( can hear the radio call now, " help! we hate you ,but PLEASE, coast Guard, our "war" ship is sinking, we have NO food left, and we've run out of drinking water!!! We HATE you, but for the LOVE OF ALLAH, DON'T LET US DROWN!!!"
    Which is OK, a while back they started charging a towing fee. Too many fishing ships fished until the tanks were dry and had Uncle Sam pay for the return trip.

After a couple of days, they'll give it back!

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Banned
    The Iranian Navy is no threat to the U.S. They can attempt to intimidate but with their scarce resources and force strength, there's absolutely nothing they could do to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by DOAcop38 View Post

Don't forget the goat is pregnant and they don't know who the father is.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    The Iranian Navy is no threat to the U.S. They can attempt to intimidate but with their scarce resources and force strength, there's absolutely nothing they could do to the US.
    If they're brave enough can hang out around the aleutian islands in November.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

DAL
    The announcement is probably for internal Iranian consumption.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
    Don't forget the goat is pregnant and they don't know who the father is.
    then she must BE STONED to death ( and later BBQ'D) for being a whore( "sea' ria law) PPFTTTT!

Lather it like its stolen CityCopDC's Avatar
    Thats funny. No need to even divert a carrier battlegroup for that. The coast guard can handle that.

I'll bite- i thought this posting died , but hey here's our latest "threat" by the Iranian navy( anybody know how to fold a paper boat?)

Senior Veteran
    Okay, so they send their ships "near" our maritime borders. Big deal, we have been sending our ships "near" their maritime borders for a long time.
    Retired

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Okay, so they send their ships "near" our maritime borders. Big deal, we have been sending our ships "near" their maritime borders for a long time.
    The difference is our maritime borders are only 12 miles. Most other countries claim something ridiculous, like out to 100 or more miles. For some countries, that puts their border into another country's land.

Of course, if they come here and try anything stupid, we wouldn't need our Naval forces to do anything. Our ground guys can hit em.
    Last edited by JustAJ; 09-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAJ View Post
    The difference is our maritime borders are only 12 miles. Most pother countrieds claim something ridiculous, like out to 100 or more miles. For some countries, that puts their border into another country's land.

Of course, if htey come here and try anything stupid, we wouldn't need our Naval forces to do anything. Our ground guys can hit em.
    As KAPSFB said, they aren't anything to worry about. They can't even make it to our maritime borders with the fleet they have.

The logistical impediments Iran would have to overcome in order to complete a deployment to the Western Atlantic are enormous, possibly insurmountable. Iran has no permanent or temporary bases in the Western Hemisphere at which it can make port in order to refuel and resupply.

I am not worried about it, but if we can send ships "near" their maritime borders, (which I don't know what it is), they can cruise in international waters as well.
    Retired

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    It'll just make it easier on our ships to reload. Why'd I say that? We wouldn't have to reload because we would hit them first shot. It'll also save us money on target ships.

IRANIAN NAVY SUMMARY

STRENGTH
    18,000 (38,000, including the IRGC naval branch)
    ----------------------
    255 + surface ships
    3 subs all formerly American deisels.
    aircraft
    and tenders.

Their largest ship is a frigate (3)
    (2) corvette class one is their flagship, Alvand
    20 fast attack missle
    etc.
    What's amazing is that no matter which thread I go into, I find people completely wrong.

I don't remember the Americans making Kilo Class diesel submarines, of which the Iranians have 3. I'm pretty sure those were Russian subs.

Their biggest ships are destroyers, not frigates. It is their most advanced ship which is the frigate Alvand.

These aren't big differences, to be sure, but incorrect nonetheless.

I'm not sure why this even warrants a post. There isn't any confirmation they even did it, and if you google the story, it appears mostly on right wing sources seeking to freak uninformed people out.

The Iranians aren't a international threat. They're a bit of a threat inside the Persian Gulf, but not because of their navy, it is their surface missile batteries that would be a problem. When someone launches 500 Sunburns at you, things get unpleasant fast.

Banned
    Let's also remember their stealth boat of a few years back.

It ended up being a wood and metal flying boat with a machine gun and some unguided rockets.

The Chinese are the ones to be concerned about, if we're going to be concerned about anyone militarily.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast