Forum Member

Enforcement compliance division field officer 1 & 2

Job details

If you want to remember this job or apply at a later time, click Save job to save it to your personal folder.

ENFORCEMENT COMPLIANCE DIVISION FIELD OFFICER 1 & 2

Job ID 1000056080
    Req Name ECD1&21000056080
    Location Various
    Type Exmpt HF Public Safety
    Shift Various
    Department Department of Transportation
    Salary Grade 1
    Salary Range See below
    Total openings 52
    Apply by Dec 31, 2011

Description
    The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.

ENFORCEMENT COMPLIANCE DIVISION FIELD OFFICER 1
    (ECD Field Officer 1 underfilling ECD Field Officer 2)
    Salary: $28,867-$37,132

AND

ENFORCEMENT COMPLIANCE DIVISION FIELD OFFICER 2
    (ECD Field Officer 2)
    ECD/Enforcement
    Salary: $31,553-$41,214

This recruitment will be utilized exclusively to fill permanent Port of Entry vacancies statewide and in Maricopa County for the next 6 months (June through Dec. 2011) or until register is exhausted. If there is a need to announce a position separately from this announcement, you must apply to be considered.

Vacancies currently exist in: Bullhead City, Douglas, Duncan, Fredonia, Glendale, Mesa, North Scottsdale, Nogales, Page, Phoenix, Sasabe, South Mesa, St. George, Tempe, Topock, Tucson, Yuma and Wilcox.

1. ECD FIELD OFFICER 1 U/F ECD FIELD OFFICER 2

EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Must have a High School Diploma or successful completion of a General Education Development (G.E.D.) examination. High School education must be noted on resume to receive appropriate credit. A current driver license appropriate to the assignment is required at the time of appointment.

SPECIAL SELECTION FACTORS: Prior to attending a police academy and/or receiving AZ P.O.S.T (Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board) certification, a person shall meet the following minimum qualifications:

Can anyone explain the particulars of this job, as it appears it is commercial vehicle enforcement at fixed check points. Many years ago I remember these as agriculture check points if I recall correctly

I'm thinking this could be a good retirement job in a location where I would like to retire, if one could choose their duty station.

Is this a leo position or limited to state property while on duty no off duty carry. Otherwise would I have to depend upon HR 218 or is this a statwide gun and badge carry position. After a moment of thought my first question should have been do they even carry?

Comments and thoughts are welcome.

Forum Member

I was helping out with field problems at ALEA a couple of weeks ago and there are 4 in the current grauduating class from ADOT. They said they are basically at ports of entry and responsible for commercial vehicle inspection. They will be AZ POST certified like any other police officer and have the same arrest authority as any other police officer. I definately took a second look when I saw the patch. I dont know if all of them are going to be AZ POST or just select, but either way, good for them!

Forum Member

Chtinaz74, thanks for the reply.

Forum Member
    I've seen them around a few times inspecting tractor trailers at what looked to be temporary checkpoints. Had to do a double take when I saw them with guns. Didn't realize that ADOT had armed LEO's.