Thread: Apathy

L.S.U. FAN (atic)

Apathy

The president of Standard and Poors has "resigned",in other words the pressure came down after he downgraded (rightfully so) the U.S. credit, and they needed a sacrifice.The entire nation will just think "business as usual".I could give a tinkers damn about this guy,or the U.S. credit rating.I am totally sick of everyone just "taking" it.

First responders are not allowed at the 10th anniversary of the WTC attacks because of "space constraints" ,Hey they werent invited 10 years ago either ,BUT they showed up didnt they???

.A local paper mill discharged crap into a pristeen river here ,causing a massive fish kill,including some endangered species,they shut down for a week.The state came by yesterday,a week after the mill shut down and tested the air quality,a WEEK, later,whatcha think they will find,clean air maybe???The mill was allowed to fire back up today,think some $$$ passed hands?????

I get shot last Nov.by a person that is well known (read: has money),and almost a year later still no trial,and multiple lies from the D.A. as to why,think $$$$ might be involved???

I bought a sack of peanuts to boil,they were moldy when I got home,bring them back ,of course we get into a bit of a ****ing match,I get 1/2 my money back plus the peanuts,BUT,catch hell for sticking to my rights from someone I thought would support me.

I am damn sick and tired of being forced to be apathetic because of my job,I am a man first,a citizen second ,and a cop third.I may not have as many rights as other citizens due to my job,BUT as a man and citizen I will say F the job if I have to lay down and take it.

Rant over,
    Last edited by mavriktu; 08-25-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    ...I am totally sick of everyone just "taking" it.
    We've transitioned into a straight plutocracy. Our disgrace of a supreme court passed corporate personhood, an act which every one of our founding fathers would have literally beat someone for.

Were there weird circumstances surrounding the incident in which you were shot, or was it a pretty cut and dry case?

bird of prey

agreed mav, cheers brother.
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

L.S.U. FAN (atic)
    Were there weird circumstances surrounding the incident in which you were shot, or was it a pretty cut and dry case?
    Yeah,he opened the door naked,with a 45 revolver in his hand,we told him 4 times to put it down or he would be tazed,he sees the red dot slams the door(cutting the leads) and fires 2 rounds through the door,goes through my partners pants leg(he was in front of me---RHIP),and hit me in the finger.Minor wound compared to most,I dont have feeling in that fingertip,and yes it WAS just a graze,BUT,he stil tried to kill us,just because our training (and luck) held out,does NOT make it any less an attempt to kill us.
    The door:

Partners pants:

My finger,looks good here(dried blood under nail/not dirt.),within a few weeks no nail,no feeling,and it took about 6 months to look normal,as I said still 50% feeling at best.

Last edited by mavriktu; 08-25-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

bird of prey

who cares if it was "just a graze" as long as yall are ok
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Forum Member

Wow! I'm glad the event didn't end in the tragedy that it easily could have. I hate to hear about another money>justice story.

One man Wolfpack
    Go get a Manicure. You'll feel better as the peanut guy ****s you over.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Deputy Sheriff
    Hang in there brother. Often times as a whole we come into this job with high hopes and retire with sadness and discouragement in our hearts. I am sincerely glad you are well. This job has a really good way of taking its toll.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.