Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Forum Member

Just to make sure it's clear, these are court officer positions for village courts in Suffolk county that are not part of the state system. This is not the same as a NYS Court Officer, although some of these positions are designated as restricted peace officers. Might be worth checking out for those who are interested.

Forum Member

While it's nice to see new LEO tests being offered, it sucks that the county will offer this test and have possibly thousands of people pay the test fee for only two openings.

Forum Member
    Probably not a bad way to get into the system. OCA was working on plans to absorb the State's Town and Village Courts. Then the fiscal debacle struck. Sooner or later OCA will take them over and most likely current employees, meeting certain training standards, would be grandfathered.

Forum Member

is it just me or is there no link on the website to "apply for exam" for suffolk court officer?

Forum Member

If there is no link you cannot apply online. You need to either go to one of the 2 locations listed to pick up the application or send a self addressed stamped envelope. It is odd that suffolk will let you apply online for some and not for others.

Forum Member

post deleted
    Last edited by Brookhaven; 09-26-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Forum Member

Got mine, any idea how many canvass letters will go out?

Forum Member

I got mine also...I wonder how many canvass letters will go out also? I also wanted to know how many other town and village courts are there?

Forum Member

a good amount of people did take this test.

Forum Member

I got a 95 and i'm ranked 42.... any chance?

Forum Member

I think you may but it depends on how many people they call to interview. if any body gets called please post. thanks

Forum Member

I highly doubt they're going to call all the 1-rank and 42 rank folks for the two spots. That's why I think these tests are flawed. Any test where you get such a ridiculous grouping of scores is inefficient.

Forum Member

also found this list of suffolk's town and village courts...

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/10jd/...wnJustices.pdf

Forum Member

I agree with you surfstylesoccer..it is pretty stupid..I know they have only two positions posted on the announcement for the test when it came out but are they really only going to hire just one for each court...I dont think so but u never know. Thanks for the list

Forum Member

and i'm assuming we're never going to find out how many canvas letters went out... the people who got them aren't the ones searching around to find out hah.... fingers crossed.

Forum Member

200% right!!

Forum Member

Worse than that - I asked civil service, and they told me they would call any resident of the town on the list before me first - regardless of score. So much for the 100.

Forum Member

That's unfair. With that said, where were the vacancies again? lol
    Last edited by surfstylesoccer; 02-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Forum Member

with the town and village of southampton. I knew that but I wonder how many people in southampton took the test...I find that pretty slim to none. but that is really stupid bc that means a person can get a 70 n get the job LOL...I hope that happens to me..I take alot of civil service test and I took a tax cashier test and got 8x there are a decent amount of people in front of me but there are 7 opennings in the town of brookhaven ( the town I live in, 8 positions in other towns) so I hope I get a canvas letter bc i live in the town.

Forum Member

well southampton is nowhere near me, so heres one more off your list lol...

Forum Member

its not to far from me..but like i said god knows when and how many ppl they are going to call...LOL

Forum Member

i'm willing to be they call everyone in the 100 range first, then the 95. they have to, whats the point of scoring tests if they're not going to go by the grade

Forum Member

Well they go by the grade ...its just people who live in the town or village come first...most town and village test are like that....but i dont think alot of ppl who live in southampton town/ village took the test. We will see LOL but also take other civil service test too...I am mostly trying law enforcement but I would take anything I can get LOL

Forum Member

i have literally applied and have taken/am taking every single suffolk and state civil service test i qualify for lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last