Forum Member

Domestic murders.....

Anyone else having a higher than normal year for domestic murders or just violence period? Ours is blowing off the charts this year. We have a saying amongst fellow officers here locally when we see each other now. "Hey man hows it going? Well you know another day another domestic body count". It' stupid and just unexplainable. We are far above normal for domestic murders. Seemingly every one we're having is domestic. Two more bodies today, shooter in custody. What's even crazy is the women are getting in on it, the last few have been women killing (and not themselves..homicidal not suicidal). My last two domestic calls the women called and I ended up booking them. One tried to run her husband over with the SUV he dove in a ditch to avoid being hit and according to witnesses JUST BARELY missed being hit.

I know I for one have been complacent when answering calls for servce from male spouses calling on their wives. I admit I haven't taken the same precautions as I normally do with the males...ie... if i appears off the back that the male is going to be my aggressor I immediately get him in cuffs while I investigate. Guess what both are going in cuffs until I sort things out. I think I posted somewhere on here about our rise in domestic murders, and it hasn't stopped. Today was at one of our busy outside strip malls no regard for anyone.
    Last edited by creolecop; 07-22-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Forum Member

we just had a triple murder/suicide....apparently dad hunted his wife and two children down in the basement with a rifle....kept stats in a notebook on the main level about where the shots hit....then he had the decency to off himself.......that was a bad one

Forum Member

The rise in domestic violence is more than likely directly tied to the state of the economy. The economy goes down, the violence goes up. Couples fight more over money than anything else for the most part.

Forum Member
    Patroldog, while I'm certain that is one reason. The wife and I have had many arguments that was rooted in finances but our economy here never really felt anything. We had a very tiny economic reaction and have regained that and things are better now than before. Most all have been rooted in infidelity and jealousy. We all know the fact that violence goes up with the heat that has been proven time and time again, but we live in south Louisiana we've had heat since we've been the state of Louisiana. Just makes you wonder what happens that it takes off like it does. Starting to think it's when one does it and see's it all over the news, it becomes a thought in their mind and before you know it they act on that thought and there is a domino effect. Like that said about school shootings, once the first mass one happened it was on the mind of the next crazy attention wanting person and it domino'ed from there.
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Forum Member
    "The rise in domestic violence is more than likely directly tied to the state of the economy. The economy goes down, the violence goes up."

Actually studies have shown the complete opposite. When economic times are good, crime rises. When the economy is down, all crime goes down. College professors and the media use those false arguments to push their social justice agendas. The below article backs this.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...055735590.html
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 07-25-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Go Go Gadget blue lights
    Quote Originally Posted by creolecop View Post
    male spouses calling on their wives.
    sounds bought right crazy web footed South Louisiana women lol....
    "In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC "

Forum Member
    Atlanta area is showing a sharp increase also. Matter of fact, we have an increase of parents killing children, and children killing parents or other siblings. My more recent one involved 21 year old son stabbing his three siblings and mother to death. I dont see where the economy played much in that one.

WHO DAT!!!
    We just recently had a dad decapitate his 7 year old disabled child and leave it on the curb for mom to see when she return. There is something just very wrong going down in Louisiana.
    "I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

L.S.U. FAN (atic)
    Bad crawfish season???,prices to high-bugs to small,make anybody nuts,---just sayin.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

WHO DAT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    Bad crawfish season???,prices to high-bugs to small,make anybody nuts,---just sayin.
    LMAO guess so
    "I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.