Page 12 of 29 First ... 2910111213141522 ... Last
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Maryland State Police

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redskins16 View Post
    anyone know when class 139 will start?
    Last I was told at my polygraph was July 17 and he seounded pretty confident, so lets hope he was right.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo88 View Post
    How long after mailing in your applications and polygraph book did you get a date for the written test and ffat? I am like a little kid staring at the Christmas tree waiting for Mom and Dad to wake up!
    I did not do the condensed but had an FFAT test date one week after I attended orientation and after they received my poly book got an email three weeks to the date with more info. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sail390 View Post
    Last I was told at my polygraph was July 17 and he seounded pretty confident, so lets hope he was right.
    Thanks a lot bud. Also what are they replacing the CVPIs with?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redskins16 View Post
    Thanks a lot bud. Also what are they replacing the CVPIs with?
    Not sure on this one when I did a ride along in December I asked the trooper what he thought they would use and he said they have been talking about getting rid of the CVPIs for years and they keep making them so well see what happens i'm curious to know what I will hopefully be driving in too.

Forum Member

Not sure on this one when I did a ride along in December I asked the trooper what he thought they would use and he said they have been talking about getting rid of the CVPIs for years and they keep making them so well see what happens i'm curious to know what I will hopefully be driving in too.
    Well I live in western MD (Washington co.) n if I'm not seeing a Vic all I see are Tahoes and Expeditions

Forum Member
    Last edited by topgunner; 01-22-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Forum Member

I went out on a ride-along up in Frederick with a guy who told me his new CVPI (<1000 miles on it at the time) was one of the last ones they bought. I saw a Tahoe out on 270 @ 495 a few weeks ago & have been seeing them a bit more...although there aren't many troopers around here in MoCo to begin with.

Forum Member

Do you get ranked after the oral board or is it simply pass or fail?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snappertrapper View Post
    Do you get ranked after the oral board or is it simply pass or fail?
    I would assume that unless you display a complete lack of knowledge of the department and completely make an idiot of yourself that they wouldn't just disqualify you based on your oral. I think it will be graded and count towards your final score with the Police Selection Committee and they will put you into one of 3 categories: best qualified, better qualified and poorly qualified with poorly being the ones they don't put through. But then again I'm not a trooper yet so maybe topgunner will have a better answer.

Forum Member

With the info I have gotten today,the class was scheduled for Aug but might be pushed to Jan.Info is from selections....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3dot0 View Post
    ...I saw a Tahoe out on 270 @ 495 a few weeks ago & have been seeing them a bit more...although there aren't many troopers around here in MoCo to begin with.
    The trooper with the Tahoe out of the Rockville barrack is a K9 unit. I'm pretty sure everyone else there has the CVPI.
    PG County PD
    ---------
    8-12-11 physical agility
    8-20-11 written test
    10-11-11 initial interview
    11-11-11 ride along
    11-15-11 polygraph
    11-15-11 oral board
    12-06-11 psych
    2-13-12 medical

Forum Member

Don't worry about the vehicles. The most important thing is it has a State gas card and your not paying to use it. Doesn't get much better than that.

Forum Member

Widgeon08 hit the nail on the head as long as it has 4 wheels goes vroom vroom and has flashy lights i'm happy. Can't complain when you get a free ride to and from work avery nice perk over allot of jobs.

Forum Member

I've got no problem with the vehicles, I've been cramming myself into an '02 Malibu for years, so a Tahoe would be a big improvement as far as leg & head room.

Forum Member

I hear you. I just sold my 2010 F150 a few months ago and have been borrowing and extra car from my rents (Scion Tc) big change for me too. My tall *** doesn't fit so well either especially for my lengthy trips to MD I keep taking.

Forum Member

I talked to my polygrapher earlier this week and he said the whole polygraph appointment shouldn't take more than an hour . . . I didn't realize that's all the longer it would be . . . was everyone else's about an hour?

Forum Member

Wow I started mine in February and was there for two hours and had an issue and had to go back and reschedule. So now I still have to go take the actually test still, hopefully the guy I was with was just going slow and the new guy is nice and quick.

Forum Member

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for you... lol, my appointment was definitely not an hour

Forum Member

It ended up taking about an hour and twenty minutes total . . is that not a good sign or what?

Forum Member

wow that was quick maybe I just have allot of crap on my book since I have lived and gotten every ticket in the book lol. Where did you go for your poly?

Forum Member

Western MD . . he acted like there was no issues with my test and said he'd send it to Pikesville for approval . . so hopefully that means I'm good as far as that goes

Are there any current Maryland State Troopers on here that I can pm? Thank you

Forum Member

If he said you're good, you probably are. They told me that I had passed the poly before I left the barracks. I'd assume that they'd tell you if you failed or needed to come back for another poly.

Forum Member

Do most academy graduates get one of their top three barrack choices or does it usually depend on circumstances?

Forum Member

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get a current trooper to pm me, as I have several questions I was hoping to get some clarity on.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

Forum Member

Which barracks are full service? I know Hagerstown, McHenry, Cumberland, NorthEast, and Berlin are . . any others?

Page 12 of 29 First ... 2910111213141522 ... Last