Page 62 of 98 First ... 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 ... Last
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 2011 ICE/HSI Announcemnet Thread

Forum Member

I called today as well and was told that I passed the checks and was cleared to EOD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro2 View Post
    I still think there will be several classes near the end of the fiscal year, if you look back through the old thread there is a pattern to the madness. I truly doubt all hiring has come to an end for the year. If I am wrong, beers on me when we finally all get to fletc.
    I spoke to someone with HSI tonight and he said to count on them cramming atleast 2-3 more classes in the last few months of Fiscal2012 (July August, Sept), because they have to use up all their training money, to justify getting atleast as much next year. He also stated that they also cram several classes in at the beginning of every new budget year, just in case DC tries to pull the training money later in the year.........so if that is not true, I'll buy the second round at FLETC!

Forum Member

Does anyone have any intel on the number of trainees in each new class? I thought I read somewhere approx 25?

Forum Member

I am taking you on that bet. Better brew me something good.

I still think there will be several classes near the end of the fiscal year, if you look back through the old thread there is a pattern to the madness. I truly doubt all hiring has come to an end for the year. If I am wrong, beers on me when we finally all get to fletc.

Forum Member

Add me, cleared 11/7/2011, if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBullets View Post
    My weekly update on the cleared list. PM me if you want on it, or I will try to check the boards but I may miss you.

Clear to EOD:

Del168(MarchVRA) 1/12/2012; Metro 2(MarchVRA) 2/1/2012; Teufel(MarchVRA) 2/17/2012; FED/guy(MarchVRA) 2/22/2012; Griz(MarchVRA) 04-01-2012; BamaBullets(JuneGA) 4/9/2012; Brightshape(JuneGA) 4/12/2012; Stephenavery(JuneGA) 04-19-2012; Talktomejohnnie(JuneGA) 04-23-2012;jdc03c(JuneGA) 04-24-2012

Waiting on Med:

VSF_IA(JuneGA); NPSFL(JuneGA); JLAB(JuneGA); johnny.flynnman(JuneGA)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ofcthrash View Post
    I spoke to someone with HSI tonight and he said to count on them cramming atleast 2-3 more classes in the last few months of Fiscal2012 (July August, Sept), because they have to use up all their training money, to justify getting atleast as much next year. He also stated that they also cram several classes in at the beginning of every new budget year, just in case DC tries to pull the training money later in the year.........so if that is not true, I'll buy the second round at FLETC!
    I second FlashTACP, I will take you up on that bet!!!!

Forum Member

I'll hold you to that brother, they're on me if we're there before 2013
    USMS
    Applied - Sep 09'
    Cleared - Dec 10'
    FCIP dropped - Feb 11'

HSI VRA
    Cleared to EOD - 1/12/2012
    Call-???

Forum Member
    Thrash, turn on your messaging!

Forum Member

Thrash, turn on your messaging!
    messaging on..............

Forum Member

Cleared to EOD on 4/20. Time to put in my 2 weeks. I wish!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ofcthrash View Post
    I am actually going to agree with this. I am not a betting man, but I suspect there will be at least one class before the end of the fiscal year. Could be one, could be 6, could be all laterals, no way of knowing until it happens. I have nothing to back this up with other than an educated (insert snickers) guess. My smaller office on the interior is not expecting any new hires anytime in the near future, but I believe there will be at least something before the end of FY12.

Forum Member

I would also like to add that I am skeptical of any HSI employee, 1811 or otherwise, who claims to have any actual knowledge of upcoming hiring. Not at all discounting your source, ofcthrash, but I can tell you as a general rule, we in the field generally know didley squat about what our own agency is doing about hiring. Granted, I am speaking only from what I have seen on my little island in the midwest. Maybe info gets filtered to the SAC offices moreso than the smaller offices, and I imagine there are those at HQ who might have a little better insight than most. But, in general terms, your average run-of-the-mill HSI 1811 knows about as much about our hiring plans as you do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCFD View Post
    I would also like to add that I am skeptical of any HSI employee, 1811 or otherwise, who claims to have any actual knowledge of upcoming hiring. Not at all discounting your source, ofcthrash, but I can tell you as a general rule, we in the field generally know didley squat about what our own agency is doing about hiring. Granted, I am speaking only from what I have seen on my little island in the midwest. Maybe info gets filtered to the SAC offices moreso than the smaller offices, and I imagine there are those at HQ who might have a little better insight than most. But, in general terms, your average run-of-the-mill HSI 1811 knows about as much about our hiring plans as you do.
    I agree with you. I don't believe he is speaking from direct knowledge, but more so from knowing how the government works and how ICE works most years. Every budget, state or federal works the same way. Spend alot at the beginning and spend all the remaining at the end. Also, there have been very few years that any federal LE agency has gotten in all the scheduled and budgeted training, because that is an easy category to steal money from to fund essential functions that were under budgeted. I think his main point is that if this year and next are like all those in the recent past, there will be several classes between around July and the January 2013. Don't everyone panic because several classes in the middle of the year got cancelled.....that is normal!

Forum Member

This is straight from Morton's mouth a couple days ago (I'll leave it up to the reader to decide how much value that source has) -

There are approximately 7,000 1811s in ICE. They are not looking to expand that number, but also not looking to contract.

So, if you assume attrition rate to be 5%/year (that's a completely wild guess), you're looking at 350 hires each year (about 14 classes per year). If you take the number suggested earlier that there are about 560 folks with TSLs from the June Announcement, add in the March VRAs, and sprinkle in some laterals, that suggests they are stockpiled for about two years worth of hires. That seems about right, given that the announcements seem to come about every other year.

I think the key is that, despite rumors to the contrary, they are not looking to shrink the 1811 work force through attrition. As long as that remains true, we all should have our opportunity within the next year or two. Think about it; they started out with 17,000 applicants to the June open announcement, and the folks holding TSLs number 560. That's about 3%. The best law and medical schools in the country don't have acceptance rates that low. Y'all are a pretty select group of people. That's a pretty good place to be.

Forum Member

VSF: This is the absolute best post I've seen on any forum. Thanks for the insight. I am glad to be in a good place; I look forward to hopefully being at the best place one day - Brunswick

Forum Member

The next few ICESAT classes are cancelled for the year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jtothawhat View Post
    The next few ICESAT classes are cancelled for the year.
    Which ones?
    USMS
    Applied - Sep 09'
    Cleared - Dec 10'
    FCIP dropped - Feb 11'

HSI VRA
    Cleared to EOD - 1/12/2012
    Call-???

Forum Member

Any other lateral applicants receive two additional eligibility letters today? They seem to be slightly more detailed than the first one but no new info. Just curious...

Forum Member

I got them but they really dont say much other than sit tight. Im not sure why they bother sending them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialCitizen View Post
    Any other lateral applicants receive two additional eligibility letters today? They seem to be slightly more detailed than the first one but no new info. Just curious...

Forum Member

Hey there,

Yup, I got the two notices as well. The only thing new in the emails was the NOR with score.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by del168 View Post
    Which ones?
    Not exactly true. The ICESAT class in mid June is still on schedule, and has not been cancelled...yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fanhood View Post
    Not exactly true. The ICESAT class in mid June is still on schedule, and has not been cancelled...yet.
    I am going to go out on a limb and say they haven't cancelled the one for mid May either, as the CTIP class that started Feb 27 should have a ICESAT class.

Effed by the G
    Had my medical two weeks ago, BI meeting yesterday (it is in process) and UA today.

Worked with some USSS guys on a protection detail yesterday too. Good group.
    HSI recently redesigned the entry-level hiring process, which includes new procedures and elements to streamline hiring.
    HSI recruitment e-mail

Forum Member

I received the two NORs regarding the lateral announcement as well. Nothing new in any either of them for me. Not sure why they were sent out again?
    "Es una cosa muy seria."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    Had my medical two weeks ago, BI meeting yesterday (it is in process) and UA today.

Worked with some USSS guys on a protection detail yesterday too. Good group.
    Does anyone know how they are choosing who they do backgrounds on first (ie test scores, order you mailed background packet back in etc)? I overnighted my packet back in the very next day and have yet to have a BI contact me. I dont even think my credit has been pulled. I live in a large city, so maybe they have a ton of them to do..... anyone have any ideas? This waiting game drives me crazy!

Page 62 of 98 First ... 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 ... Last