Page 1 of 461 12341151101 ... Last
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: January 2012 NYPD Academy

Forum Member

January 2012 NYPD Academy

Let the countdown begin!! Exam 8062 should be good this time around...Good luck to all!

Forum Member

I'm still holding out hope...c'monnnn

Forum Member
    I am trying aswell man, however I want to be realistic of my chances. Even though I know I'll probably wont get called, I'll still be extremelly disappointed if my phone never rings the next couple of days.
    Last edited by K-9Unit; 07-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Forum Member

Hopefully there is a January class...

Forum Member

Exam 8051, list #60X hoping Jan 2012 if FINALLY it!

"Senior" Impact
    Hey guys, just like 8050 calls themselves the "Avengers" we should also create a name for ourselves lol, unless you havnt already (I dont roam the boards as much as I used to). In all seriousness though im glad to see this board finally up, ive added it to my bookmarks and it'll be one of the most important links for the next 6 months of my life. Good luck to everyone who has a shot and congrats to everyone over on the July 2011 board who got that call.
    NYPD Exam #8051 (3/1/2009)
    -----------------------------------------------

Sworn In - 7/11/2012

"Senior" Impact
    With that being said. i'll be the rumor starter lol. Even though its an old rumor, the latest projection says January 2012 will have 900 recruits, we all know its way too early and that can change in a heartbeat though. Lets just keep our hopes up.

Sworn In - 7/11/2012

AKA: BUBBA
    Someone said earlier in the July 2011 thread not to give up, but there comes a time when you must accept reality. I don't think I could go to work on tuesday if I tortured myself for the next day or two. I've seceded myself from this class mentally so that I can focus on going back to work. I secretly cleaned my desk out on friday, so I mentally have to get back into it. If a call comes then it will be a happy surprise.

For those of you with high list #'s on 8050 and tests after like 8072, look at it this way, we'll be on the top of the list for next class.

I think we'll all be seeing allot of each other over the next 6 months. Pray for a Jan 2012 class.

"Senior" Impact
    Definitely, there hasn't been a January class for some years now. Hopefully that projection for January will remain as it is, even if its only 900, its better then not having one at all.
    Lester059 likes this.

Sworn In - 7/11/2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-9Unit View Post
    Let the countdown begin!! Exam 8062 should be good this time around...Good luck to all!
    Thanks for starting the forum, K9.
    Exam: 8314 (11/08) aka The Last of the Mohicans
    List: 1**
    Back-up Exam: 1309
    List: 2**
    Medical: Done
    Written Psych: Done
    Oral Psych: Done
    JST: Done x2
    Meeting with BI: Done
    Mini Medical: Done x2
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDBuddy View Post
    Someone said earlier in the July 2011 thread not to give up, but there comes a time when you must accept reality. I don't think I could go to work on tuesday if I tortured myself for the next day or two. I've seceded myself from this class mentally so that I can focus on going back to work. I secretly cleaned my desk out on friday, so I mentally have to get back into it. If a call comes then it will be a happy surprise.

For those of you with high list #'s on 8050 and tests after like 8072, look at it this way, we'll be on the top of the list for next class.

I think we'll all be seeing allot of each other over the next 6 months. Pray for a Jan 2012 class.
    Definitely agree with you. I am now slowly separating myself from all of those guys with some of whom I spent over a year on the other boards hoping and praying for January, then April and then July '11. Glad to be here with all of you guys here and really hope that this will only be a 6 months wait (though something tells me they will combine classes again).
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

Forum Member
    K-9, thanks for starting this new thread. I guess we are the last of the mohicans. (by the way, add that to your signature. That's us! The last of the mohicans) It doesn't matter when you took the exam, if you didn't get in July, you're one of the last of the mohicans. LoL good luck guys! Keep your head up guys! We are # 1 for Jan.
    NYPD
    Exam: 8314 11/08
    Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Forum Member

I think I've resigned to the fact as well. Luckily I have a job and am determined to continue to get my Master's this Fall...but still, really disappointing. I took off work this weekend just to celebrate if the call did come. Oh well. Instead of the last of the mohicans, we should be the Watchmen, because we have been watching for the past few years without getting to DO anything. And we'll be watching again for the next 6 months...
    NYPD Exam: 80xx
    Date: 2008

Forum Member
    Last of the Mohicans is more catchy. Hahaha
    NYPD

"Last of the mohicans"

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njdream View Post
    K-9, thanks for starting this new thread. I guess we are the last of the mohicans. (by the way, add that to your signature. That's us! The last of the mohicans) It doesn't matter when you took the exam, if you didn't get in July, you're one of the last of the mohicans. LoL good luck guys! Keep your head up guys! We are # 1 for Jan.
    We should be golden come January
    NYPD
    Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J-manX View Post
    We should be golden come January
    Called CR and was told that we are golden for January. Stay strong, stay out of trouble, and stay hungry. It's only 6 months. And I think Hondo might be joining us then so how bad could it really be?
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKSouth View Post
    Called CR and was told that we are golden for January. Stay strong, stay out of trouble, and stay hungry. It's only 6 months. And I think Hondo might be joining us then so how bad could it really be?
    Did you call the service desk? the -2503 number? I want to ask about 8062 just for the hell of it...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prox517 View Post
    Did you call the service desk? the -2503 number? I want to ask about 8062 just for the hell of it...
    Yep, that's the number that I called. A male PO picked up and was very upfront and very helpful. Finally some straight answers from CR. Wished they told me this 4 days ago so I would not go nuts and waste my weekend, but oh well.
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

AKA: BUBBA
    Quote Originally Posted by BKSouth View Post
    I hope this is good info. We'll see in 5 months, but I have my doubts. I've been up and down in this process so many times that I'm skeptical no matter what they tell us.

Forum Member

Hey guys, checking in with the last of the Mohicans.
    I'm on exam 8314 and was really expecting and hoping for the call this weekend but it seems it won't be happening. Really hoping for a January class, waiting around for another year would be very tough to swallow.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Walo View Post
    I'm on exam 8314 and was really expecting and hoping for the call this weekend but it seems it won't be happening. Really hoping for a Jan class, waiting around for another year would be very tough to swallow.
    Welcome to the Last of the Mohicans, Walo. Where have you been? We definitely could have used another fellow 8314 on the other thread. Right now the word is January '12, but it is still 6 months off and anything could happen.
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walo View Post
    I'm on exam 8314 and was really expecting and hoping for the call this weekend but it seems it won't be happening. Really hoping for a January class, waiting around for another year would be very tough to swallow.
    Welcome walo! We look real good for January. Enjoy the summer and your New Years Eve lmao!
    NYPD

"Last of the mohicans"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDBuddy View Post
    I hope this is good info. We'll see in 5 months, but I have my doubts. I've been up and down in this process so many times that I'm skeptical no matter what they tell us.
    I have some doubts as well, but right now all we have is to look forward to January. We won't know until late December and they will process us, as they always do, as if the class is going in. Money for the class has been approved, but you know there will be cancellation rumors, reduction in size rumors, and any other rumor you could think of. Just stay positive and out of trouble. Whenever it is, our time will come.
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by njdream View Post
    Welcome walo! We look real good for January. Enjoy the summer and your New Years Eve lmao!
    You just said exactly what I told my wife. I just told her that I was given a gift of summer and it is awesome! We had a great vacation planned for October that I would have given up in a heartbeat if I got in, but now I am looking forward to it. I'll be off to the beach shortly.
    GOT THE CALL! 1/7/12

Forum Member

Someone from the Facebook Group Exam 8050 List 64xx just called called @ 9:15am

Page 1 of 461 12341151101 ... Last