Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A new designer drug epidemic hits Russia - Krokodil

Forum Member

A new designer drug epidemic hits Russia - Krokodil

Wow,
    THIS IS SCARY!!

Desomorphine is a derivative of morphine first synthesized in the US in the early 1930s. Originally viewed as a potential alternative to morphine, the compound was found to have a significantly shorter half life (the effects last four hours at the most), and so was for the most part neglected by the medical community. Recently though, desomorphine, nicknamed “crocodile,” has become popular in Russia, where it is manufactured (very cheaply) with over-the-counter codeine in a reaction similar to that used for cooking meth. The results are apparently rather gruesome:

A number of chemical substances are used in the homemade production of desomorphine. These include industrial acids, alkalis, and organic solvents (petrol, etc.). In most cases industrial quality chemicals are used, rather than purified forms intended for consumption.

This mixture of compounds, used in the process of making desomorphine, and not filtered out later, often contains high concentrations of iodine, which disrupts the endocrine system and causes muscular disorders; phosphorus, which attacks bone tissue; and dangerous admixtures of heavy metals such as iron, zinc, lead and antimony, which cause disorders of the nervous system, mineral imbalances, and inflammation of the liver and kidneys.

Drug addiction often follows the first dose. Desomorphine users suffer from an acute deterioration in their general health, including a weakened immune system and failing liver. Their circulation is so effected that their limbs gradually wither and die. Non-healing ulcers appear on the body and a person literally rots alive. Veins located near the injection sites “burn up.”

This information is coming from the Russian state media, so it should be taken with a proper degree of wariness. There is, however, no doubt that homemade/crudely manufactured pharmaceuticals are often less than safe, and this situation is not unique to Russia; the majority of heroin overdoses in the United States are a result of reckless/malicious cuts such a fentanyl, and any street dose is liable to contain unwanted chemicals that are best not put into veins.
    In a nutshell, this stuff MAKES YOUR LIMBS ROT OFF - No this is not a joke or an exageration(sp) or some hollywood effects looking junk its for real. From what I have read, it is not uncommon for users to have limbs amputated due to the amount of rot that takes place.

I will not be posting pictures here as they are VERY graphic and disgusting. You can either Google for some or PM me and I can send you some links.

Im seriously at a loss for words that people actually put this stuff in their bodies.

*EDIT* Here is an inforamtional link that is free of graphic content.
    http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...078355,00.html
    Last edited by Joe Mama; 06-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    There are 3 sides to every story - Your lawyer, their lawyer, and forensics.

Resident River Fox
    It's disgusting what people do to chase that high. Yes, let's mix these lawn fertilizers and batteries with this cat feces and then marinade it in lighter fluid, then inject ourselves with it!

This is pretty disturbing- that the limbs just rot like that. And the veins 'burn up'. Ech.. D:
    Tueri et servire.
    Ad serviendum ac protegendum.

Forum Member
    Agreed agreed and agreed. I had the displeasure of watching some of the videos posted by the Russian hospitals.

Even more disgusting is they sell the main ingredient OTC over there. People are doing this because its 'cheap'
    *Shakes head*

Forum Member

There's a "In Soviet Russia..." joke somewhere...

Forum Member

Only in Soviet Russia do drugs make limbs fall off!
    I think about the only thing which hadn't made the trip into this guy's colon was a greyhound bus.
    ~Kieth M.

Man In Tan

Explorer

Forum Member

In Soviet Russia, drugs eat YOU

bird of prey

Till wins.....
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Forum Member

Years ago I read about a guy whose penis fell off because he injected coke into it so many times.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just joe View Post
    Years ago I read about a guy whose penis fell off because he injected coke into it so many times.
    That was probably for the best.
    Carbonfiberfoot likes this.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Forum Member

OMG the video I just watched of someone's leg after using this.

bird of prey

eye balls are common places to inject as well

Macho Man

Wow! If we distribute it over here people wont be running from the police nearly as much.

Resident River Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    eye balls are common places to inject as well
    ..... D:

I might have nightmares about this.
    Tueri et servire.

Here to learn

People on this drug should not receive ANY medical care at all. It's their own fault. Let their limbs fall off and let them die.
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

bird of prey

this is what happens after you take the kroc

http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/me...53x51_t325.jpg

Resident River Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Fenix View Post
    this is what happens after you take the kroc

http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/me...53x51_t325.jpg
    Oh God! The horror! Cannot be unseen!
    Tueri et servire.

Forum Member
    What is a designer drug? Is Gucci and Versace making drugs now?
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

bird of prey

Quote Originally Posted by lpstopper View Post
    What is a designer drug? Is Gucci and Versace making drugs now?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designer_drug

-A-
    Forum Member
    I saw the video of where the guy was getting his leg amputated... Holy Mother ****!.. And when you think you've seen it all. blahhhhhh
    Semper Paratus/Always Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by jakflak View Post
    The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Forum Member
    I told ya man. That is some sick arse **** - and to think that people CONTINUE to do this crap to let themselves get to this point!

Sadgusting!

Forum Member
    This video is VERY graphic and NSFW.

It may also make you want to vomit.

You've been warned.

http://www.totallycrap.com/videos/vi...s_from_russia/

Forum Member
    I saw the video of where the guy was getting his leg amputated... Holy Mother ****!.
    Guess who paid for that and his SSI checks every month??
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Forum Member

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013...es-us-not-joke

Zombie Apocalypse Drug Reaches US: This Is Not a Joke (Graphic Image)

Krokodil, a highly addictive designer drug that aggressively eats through flesh, has reportedly arrived in the United States. A Phoenix CBS affiliate revealed this week that two cases involving krokodil had been phoned into a local poison control center and quoted one of the center's medical directors, Dr. Frank LoVecchio, saying he and his colleagues were "extremely frightened." While the US Drug Enforcement Administration has not yet received a sample of the drug for analysis, and thus cannot confirm it was krokodil, Barbara Carreno of the DEA told Mother Jones that the agency often learns about new synthetic drugs (including the infamous bath salts) through local poison-control centers. "We've been scrambling to see what we know about the cases in Arizona," she added. "This concerns us very much."

Krokodil, technically known as Desomorphine, has a similar effect to heroin, but is significantly cheaper and easier to make. In the last few years, it's been wreaking severe havoc on the bodies and lives of Russian youth. The drug earned its nickname—the Russian word for crocodile—because of the ghastly side effects it has on the human body. Wherever the drug is injected, the skin turns green and scaly, showing symptoms of gangrene. In severe cases, the skin rots away completely revealing the bone beneath. Other permanent effects of the drug include speech impediments and erratic movement. Rotting flesh, jerky movements, and speech troubles have prompted media outlets to tag krokodil the "zombie drug." According to Time, the average user of krokodil only lives two or three years, and "the few who manage to quit usually come away disfigured." Quitting is its own nasty business. Heroin withdrawal symptoms last about a week; symptoms for krokodil withdrawal can last over a month.

Krokodil use has skyrocketed in poor rural communities in Russia in the last few years, despite the troubling side effects. The Federal Drug Control Service in Russia told Time that in the first three months of 2011, it confiscated 65 million doses of the drug. Desomorphine didn't originate in Russia; the potent painkiller was patented in the United States in 1934. It only became a recreational drug about 10 years ago, when it surfaced in Siberia. The Independent reported in 2011 that up to 5 percent of Russian drug users have used krokodil—as many as 100,000 people. Zhenya, a former user in Russia, told the Independent that when she used to inject krokodil, she was "dreaming of heroin, of something that feels clean and not like poison. But you can't afford it, so you keep doing the krokodil. Until you die."

The main ingredients in krokodil are codeine, iodine, and red phosphorous. The latter is the stuff that's used to make the striking part on matchboxes. Sometimes paint thinner, gasoline, and hydrochloric acid are thrown into the mix. Like meth, it's fairly easy to cook up in a home kitchen. You need a stove, a pan, and about 30 minutes. The drug is then injected directly into the vein, producing a high that lasts about an hour and a half. According to the Week, each injection costs about $6 to $8, while heroin is up to $25.

Carreno of the DEA says that krokodil isn't a controlled substance yet because the agency has to have more evidence that it's a public health problem. "You don't want a federal agency going around making things illegal willy-nilly…We'd have to see more than two cases before we control it," she notes. "But people are mixing codeine and gasoline, and shooting it into their veins. What do they expect?"

Forum Member

Looks like meth on steroids!

Bigfoot Country
    The federal juggernaut will steam ahead at its' usual brisk pace and have it outlawed by 2030.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last