Forum Member

MDOT Law Enforcement

Anyone have any info on this agency? I am curious as to how they work with MHP and how the morale and retention is with this agency? Thanks!

Young Lieutenant
    Considering they do two different jobs, I don't think one cares about the other.

Forum Member

A few weeks ago an MDOT officer told me that it is not "a young man's job". He said it was a tad slow for anyone who is eager to get out there and get the rookie enthusiasm out of their system.

Young Lieutenant
    The 2 that I went through the academy with said they had to work the scales for about 1-2 years before they got on the road. I couldn't handle that.

Forum Member
    I'm not looking for the young man's job! I've done that for the last 7 years...Most of the enthusiasm the job first brought has faded with the bull$hiz and the politics...Just wanna do my time and take it to the house. I'm from MS also...wouldn't mind moving back closer to family.

Forum Member
    MDOT doesn't do traffic CMV only. They aren't certified (or weren't when I went thru MLEOTA) on radar or the intox. They don't do DUI's etc. Pretty much a daytime job on the road doing trucks or working the scales.
    "Constantia comes victoriae"

“A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops.”

Young Lieutenant
    I'm fairly certain they mostly do inspections on trucks. I think they might have a couple of guys that do interdiction, but I haven't heard of any in quite some time.

Forum Member

Doesn't sound like a very fun job, at least from my perspective