Forum Member

Sig Sauer Lifetime Warranty

My P220 sustained damage to the frame during a speed reload. The metal surrounding the mag release cracked, rendering the gun unable to accept a fresh mag. I called Sig and they asked me to send some photos. I did and was told that the gun was not repairable. The rep said they have problems with people improperly removing the mag release, causing similar damage. I explained the damage was caused by a speed reload and not disassembly. They offered to give me a discounted price on a used Sig. I understood they offered a lifetime warranty on their weapons for situations like mine.

Has anyone had to apply the Sig Sauer lifetime warranty and if so, what did they do for you? I have three Sigs and I must say that I was surprised when they said they wouldn't repair the gun or replace it. Any feedback or sugestions would be appreciated.
    The Thousandth Man

Forum Member
    I still haven't registered my sig for the warranty. Maybe I should.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Forum Member

Look like the warrany covers any gun that has not been used.

SIG SAUER warrants that the enclosed firearm was originally manufactured free of defects in material, workmanship and mechanical function. For the lifetime of the original purchaser, SIG SAUER agrees to correct any defect in the firearm for the original purchaser by repair, adjustment or replacement, at SIG SAUER' option, with the same or comparable quality components (or by replacing the firearms at SIG SAUER' option); provided, however, that the firearm is returned unloaded and freight prepaid to SIG SAUER at 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833.

This limited warranty is null and void if the firearm has been misused, damaged (by accident or otherwise), fired with handloaded, reloaded or improper ammunition, fired with an obstruction in the barrel, damaged through failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance as described in the manual accompanying the firearm, or if unauthorized repair or any alteration, including of a cosmetic nature, has been performed on the firearm. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear of any parts.

Subject to the foregoing, this limited warranty confers the right to have the covered firearm or its parts repaired, adjusted or replaced exclusively upon the original purchaser, which right is not transferable to any other person. No implied warranties of any kind are made herein and this warranty does not apply to any accessory items attached or appurtenant to the firearm.

In no event shall SIG SAUER be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from or in connection with this limited warranty.

Forum Member

Wow. What a fragile weapon and a POS warranty. "null and void if the firearm has been...damaged"

Basically the way I read that warranty, Sig could make the things out of aluminum foil. You get 1 shot, then it's "otherwise damaged" or worn out by "normal wear and tear."

Lucky it didn't break when you were pistol-whipping someone :-D

For the excessive cost of Sig weapons IMO that is absurd. Now I know that I never have to consider Sig as an option when shopping around. Most warranties have the "wear and tear" exclusion but the vague reference to damage is pretty bad. Considering most firearms are darn close to indestructible, any damage like this that they sustain is unacceptable.

Sorry that I can't help as I have no experience contacting Sig. Let us know how it goes; I am hoping you talked to one unhelpful call center rep.
    Last edited by Fëanor; 05-31-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am.
    I'd like to add that Sig's customer service for dealers pretty much blows. How about stocking some Sig rifles that come with some nice accessories, paying a certain amount for them then re-ordering those rifles a month later only to find that when you get them they cost $50 more and don't come with the accessories. Hmmm, or how about getting a bunch of Sig guns in only to find out that there are two guns not on the invoice that you didn't order and Sig has no idea why you have them. What about when you call your Sig sales rep to buy more guns only to not have them answer or return messages? The list goes on and on and it's just been getting worse over the last six months or so.

Rant over.
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Forum Member

What a sh*ttily worded warranty.

Almost makes me change my POV about a Sig.

Forum Member

My dept. issues the Sig 220. From what I have gathered while overhearing discussions in the Training Dept, Sig no longer supports the old 12 lb trigger DAO models like the ones 90% of us carry. They will only continue to service our DAK models. This could be the reason they won't repair yours.
    "The best form of cover is accurate and continuous return fire."

Forum Member
    Yeah, I'll stick with H&K. Sigs are nice, but I love my USP.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJDave View Post
    Yeah, I'll stick with H&K. Sigs are nice, but I love my USP.
    +1 there brother!

However, I'm pretty shocked at the wording on the warranty. I own 2 Sig's and love them. Hmmmm...That's too bad.
    Carpe Noctem

Forum Member

I have dealt with their warranty dept, albeit several years ago. We had some USG 226's that had some "issues" while in the field, we sent them back and we got replacements for them. They werent new, but they were in excellent condition. It was a pretty quick turn-around as well. Sounds like they have seriously gone downhill since then.

Forum Member
    I just got an email from a rep saying they'll take my gun back and then they'll see what they can do. I'd be willing to get the credit for my gun towards the price of an Elite or a new P220 and I'd pay the difference. They haven't slammed me yet but I hope they make it right...I rock Sig stickers on my lunch box and own three Sig pistols!
    The Thousandth Man