Forum Member

Escambia County Sheriff's Office

Could a Deputy from Escambia SO PM me please, I have a couple of questions.
    Florida Highway Patrol
    Online Application 04/15/2010
    Pat/Application 8/24/2010 Passed
    Polygraph 1/20/2011 Passed
    Medical/Vision Taken 2/13/11 Passed
    Psychological Exam Taken 2/23/11 Passed
    Back Round Investigation Pending
    Colonels Approval Pending
    Academy Date Pending

Forum Member
    what would you like to know?
    If it's stuff like salary overtime etc. just ask here so anyone can know.
    If it's something else just pm me

All, I know is that anywhere west of Tally is extremely hard to get a job in LE. I applied to SEVERAL agencies up there and never heard back from them. Then when I went asking people from around there, I got the response of "We prefer to hire locals" so you might get lucky and snag a job up there but don't hold your breath. Good luck brother!!!
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Forum Member
    i have been with esco for almost 3 months now, applied and got hired withing 1.5 months. So i dunno

Forum Member
    Ya marcodm88, my questions were about OT and moral mainly, the pay is really low and I go up there next week for most of the process (PAT, range, poly, interview). Please understand I'm not doing this to get rich by no means, I just have a wife and kids to think about also. I'm hoping there is some light at the end of the tunnel and the pay will go up pritty well with the completion of FTO and probation.
    Florida Highway Patrol
    Online Application 04/15/2010
    Pat/Application 8/24/2010 Passed
    Polygraph 1/20/2011 Passed
    Medical/Vision Taken 2/13/11 Passed
    Psychological Exam Taken 2/23/11 Passed
    Back Round Investigation Pending
    Colonels Approval Pending
    Academy Date Pending

Forum Member
    As you know from the website pay is only $14.38 as a trainee (out of the academy no experience).
    If you have experience they will start you at $15.38.
    The cost of living in Pensacola is cheaper compare to Palm Beach so at the end it all levels out.
    OT or special detail as they call it here, is always available but you need to finish your one year probation period before you can get assigned to any. By policy the max you can work in an entire week is 70hours total, but I know of guys which bring a big amount of $$ with OT.
    No problem with moral there is a couple people that complain but not about the department but about the changes the Rick Scott is doing to our pension, as we all know any FRS employee needs to pay 3% of their monthly salary as of next month.
    Since you are out of town I'm pretty sure they have you doing PAT/range on the same day, then you will have to drive to the Sheriff office and bring your picture,social etc. as per e-mail (THEY WANT ORIGINALS, DO NOT MESS UP!), and after that the next day you should be doing poly and interview. I stayed a total of 3 days the first time I came and on the 3rd day I was also able to do their physical and drug test.
    If you pass all of those steps, your background will start. Pass that and you will need to come to Pensacola one more time for your physiological and some more doctor testing. They will tell you right there if you passed the physiological or not, and if you did prepare to receive a "Would you like to accept the position of Sheriff Deputy Trainee?" you say "Yes" and then you just decide the day you want to start working.
    If they don't have enough people to start the FTO class they will have you go around different departments every week, Jail,court,Csi etc.

I love it out here, beaches are wonderful, there is plenty of stuff to do but it's different I'm from Orlando and it was a big change. People some times seem to friendly.
    The agency itself is great, great people work here, you get take home vehicle, with $18/month I get medical,vision and dental. and the best thing ever WE DO NOT WRITE REPORTS you just call them over the phone hehhehe.
    If you need anything else let me know

Warfighter
    I'd love to be able to come home and work for ECSO. I got a few friends there. How's the dept since the new sherriff took over? I don't get alot of word about home since being stationed in Cali.

Is it true the take home vehicles are Tahoes?

Forum Member
    don't except a tahoe as your first take home vehicle, but yes, there are deputies with tahoes as take home vehicle.