Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 177
  1. #101
    Bigfoot Country JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,461
    jannino, I addressed the errors in your post, I didn't support Newt. The fact is you don't know the details. Adultery may be a deal breaker for you but it was not the reason that the Republicans went after Clinton. Perjury may not rate as high in your mind but it was a legal matter. Laws should matter. Morally, most people would consider taking advantage of a public intern while in office worse than moving on to someone else when your marriage is done. There's a reason why Clinton's infidelity was big news and Newt's wasn't. And Newt was in high office with reams of enemies, maybe more than Clinton.

    Also, Clinton lied about his draft, he wanted it bother ways. He wanted to avoid Vietnam, like many people, but he didn't want it known for political reasons. Your point about Cheney isn't particularly relevant because he never lied about it. We are all entitled to our own opinions but we aren't entitled to our own facts.

  2. #102
    Civillian jannino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6,881
    I get what you're saying, but the articles you posted aren't fact.. it was the opinion of his ROTC commander. The only fact is he didn't serve.

    Dick Cheney applied for deferments 5x. He has stated the military service was something that he did not want.. check out his comments when he was nominate for secretary of defense for Bush Sr.

    "moving on to someone else when your marriage is done" does not justify anything. Your marriage is done when you get a divorce from a court of law not when your feelings change. The man was running around on his wife while she battled cancer... it was the worst kept secret in his circle which eventually led to him admitting to it. Him and John Edwards should be besties.

    Newt was also reprimanded by the House of Representatives (not an easy task to accomplish) for providing inaccurate information among other things. So did he lie or is he just stupid? That's like saying Rangel didn't do anything wrong.

    The vows to my wife trump any law.. and that is of course my opinion. I don't expect others to feel the same.

    Clinton is a liar. Newt is a liar. They're equal scum.

  3. #103
    Bigfoot Country JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,461
    Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    I get what you're saying, but the articles you posted aren't fact.. it was the opinion of his ROTC commander. The only fact is he didn't serve.
    Except that Clinton's letter to him supported his "opinion".
    Dick Cheney applied for deferments 5x. He has stated the military service was something that he did not want.. check out his comments when he was nominate for secretary of defense for Bush Sr.
    He never lied about it, that's the difference. Clinton, and numerous others, were Commander in Chief without serving, so I don't get the point.
    "moving on to someone else when your marriage is done" does not justify anything. Your marriage is done when you get a divorce from a court of law not when your feelings change. The man was running around on his wife while she battled cancer... it was the worst kept secret in his circle which eventually led to him admitting to it. Him and John Edwards should be besties.

    Newt was also reprimanded by the House of Representatives (not an easy task to accomplish) for providing inaccurate information among other things. So did he lie or is he just stupid? That's like saying Rangel didn't do anything wrong.
    I didn't justify it, I said it was none of my business and Clinton's situation wasn't the same.

    What's his reprimand got to do with anything? That isn't why they went after Clinton. A $300,000 fine for using tax exempt dollars for political purposes, payable out of a $1,000,000 campaign fund doesn't sound too serious to me. In Washington, to work for the state you have to join the union. The union supports Democrats 100%. So if you are a Republican, Libertarian or indifferent you have to support the Democrat party. That to me is a far worse crime. And probably done in many states.
    Clinton is a liar. Newt is a liar. They're equal scum.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

  4. #104
    Forum Member Dep D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    563
    Although I have not made up my mind on the contenders yet, I stole this line from Dennis Miller on the O'Reilly Factor.

    I figured it to be a fun bumper sticker.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dep D; 10-03-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Be safe pulling back into the thread...
    http://infidelswithhonor.com/

  5. #105
    Barefoot Ninja SRT936's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,607

    Herman Cain Tied for First in GOP Primary

    In case you missed, my guy Herman just catapulted into a tie for first place with Romney. Its getting serious now. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...55-503544.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

  6. #106
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    In case you missed, my guy Herman just catapulted into a tie for first place with Romney. Its getting serious now. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...55-503544.html
    I saw that this morning. I heard the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns CEOs are going to join the race soon, should be pretty interesting.
    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

  7. #107
    Operator Bearcat357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pineapples and Coconuts
    Posts
    18,201
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    I saw that this morning. I heard the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns CEOs are going to join the race soon, should be pretty interesting.
    I'd take them both over the current Community Organizer.......

  8. #108
    This Can't Be! 1042 Trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Posts
    10,407
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    I saw that this morning. I heard the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns CEOs are going to join the race soon, should be pretty interesting.
    We all know you are a hopeless liberal full of hate and spite, but stupid statements like this show that you are hopelessly empty of any legitimate argument against Herman Cain. Go away. I hear the Huffington Post needs contributors
    The All New
    2013
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

    (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)




  9. #109
    Forum Member KapsFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    I saw that this morning. I heard the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns CEOs are going to join the race soon, should be pretty interesting.
    And the current occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania is more qualified how?

    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

  10. #110
    Bigfoot Country JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,461
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    I saw that this morning. I heard the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns CEOs are going to join the race soon, should be pretty interesting.
    I'd rather have the manager at any one of those outlets than what we have now.
    But I realize you haven't got much to hang your hat on.

  11. #111
    Civillian jannino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    I saw that this morning. I heard the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns CEOs are going to join the race soon, should be pretty interesting.
    The Constitution outlines the qualifications to run for POTUS. He meets them.

    You're knocking one of the things that makes us the USA.

    The only job that is similar to running the USA is being a state governor... neither him nor Obama were one.


    If Herman Cain is going to make it, he needs to surround himself with a powerful team of managers to get him out there and raise more money.

  12. #112
    Barefoot Ninja SRT936's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    The Constitution outlines the qualifications to run for POTUS. He meets them.
    You're knocking one of the things that makes us the USA.
    The only job that is similar to running the USA is being a state governor... neither him nor Obama were one.
    If Herman Cain is going to make it, he needs to surround himself with a powerful team of managers to get him out there and raise more money.
    Part of the appeal of Cain is that he is a governmental outsider. People have had enough of career politicians running this nation into the ground no matter which side of the aisle they're on.

    As far as money is concerned, Cain's intake of campaign money has increased exponentially in the past few weeks and with this latest poll coming out, I'm sure it will be even better. The other thing he has is a tremendous grass roots organization that is really making a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

  13. #113
    Forum Member LINY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    5,753
    I think it would be better if we didn't have mostly candidates that towed the party line in for nearly every political stance. If there was a republican candidate that had a more liberal outlook on civil rights issues, I would vote for them.

  14. #114
    Barefoot Ninja SRT936's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by LINY View Post
    If there was a republican candidate that had a more liberal outlook on civil rights issues, I would vote for them.
    I'm curious what you mean by civil rights issues......
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

  15. #115
    Bigfoot Country JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,461
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    I'm curious what you mean by civil rights issues......
    I think he means gay marriage. There are Republicans that are for it, most are traditional though. But even Obama ran against it (mostly because it's the majority view).

  16. #116
    Civillian jannino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    Part of the appeal of Cain is that he is a governmental outsider. People have had enough of career politicians running this nation into the ground no matter which side of the aisle they're on.

    As far as money is concerned, Cain's intake of campaign money has increased exponentially in the past few weeks and with this latest poll coming out, I'm sure it will be even better. The other thing he has is a tremendous grass roots organization that is really making a difference.
    This is why it's even more important to capitalize on this new found notoriety.

    I have no problems with someone's qualifications as long as you can prove you're a leader capable of making decisions.. you get my vote once I feel those decision you make are in line with my beliefs. If there is something they don't know.. I'm sure they have an adviser or 50 to help them out.

    I don't think Cain has released his numbers for the third quarter, but I hope it's in the double digits(millions).

  17. #117
    This Can't Be! 1042 Trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Posts
    10,407
    Quote Originally Posted by jannino View Post
    I don't think Cain has released his numbers for the third quarter, but I hope it's in the double digits(millions).
    $50 is from me!
    The All New
    2013
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

    (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)




  18. #118
    Forum Member LINY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    5,753
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST View Post
    I think he means gay marriage. There are Republicans that are for it, most are traditional though. But even Obama ran against it (mostly because it's the majority view).
    As well as abortion. It's hard to support democrats when they want to take away my guns and republicans with civil rights views from the 50's!

  19. #119
    Operator Bearcat357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pineapples and Coconuts
    Posts
    18,201
    Quote Originally Posted by LINY View Post
    As well as abortion.
    So, you advocate killing babies....?

  20. #120
    Bigfoot Country JasperST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    9,461
    Quote Originally Posted by LINY View Post
    As well as abortion. It's hard to support democrats when they want to take away my guns and republicans with civil rights views from the 50's!
    Segregation was alive and well in the 50s and Herman Cain is doing very well in the polls so your analysis doesn't fit. But do you realize that even most Democrats (especially running for or in high office) are not in favor of same gender marriage?

  21. #121
    Forum Member Rifleguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by LINY View Post
    As well as abortion. It's hard to support democrats when they want to take away my guns and republicans with civil rights views from the 50's!
    Look at it this way. The party that freed the slaves was the same party that gave women the right to vote and the party supported and passed the Civil Right's legislation of the 60's. Yep the Republican Party.


    Speaking of civil rights and what not has anyone noticed that the Tea Party and conservatives in this thread are supporting a black man? Ironic since liberals have been trying to condemn conservatives and TEA Partiers as racists.

  22. #122
    Barefoot Ninja SRT936's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleguy View Post
    Speaking of civil rights and what not has anyone noticed that the Tea Party and conservatives in this thread are supporting a black man? Ironic since liberals have been trying to condemn conservatives and TEA Partiers as racists.
    That is exactly why the left is afraid of Cain (besides the fact that he could destroy Obama in the general). If Herman Cain get's the nod, it robs them of their victim status against all us "racists".
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

  23. #123
    Forum Member Rifleguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    That is exactly why the left is afraid of Cain (besides the fact that he could destroy Obama in the general). If Herman Cain get's the nod, it robs them of their victim status against all us "racists".
    Not to mention Cain actually has an economic plan versus the class warfare line being pushed right now.

  24. #124
    Civillian jannino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST View Post
    But do you realize that even most Democrats (especially running for or in high office) are not in favor of same gender marriage?
    Gays don't need the term marriage. Marriage is between a man and woman. If they want to have a union (or something other than a marriage) and have the laws changed to include said union to receive the same benefits as married couples then that's a discussion worth having..

  25. #125
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,418
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperST View Post
    . But do you realize that even most Democrats (especially running for or in high office) are not in favor of same gender marriage?
    As far as I am concerned, I don't care if two members of the same sex get married. Nor do I care what others think of same sex marriage.
    Retired

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •