X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naze69
    PO'd CO
    • May 2008

R.I.P. -" Gummy" .

R.I.P. - Brett "GUMMY" Gummerson . Passed away last night at 11:30 pm. Retired C.O. from Willard D.T.C. . Was known on these forums as " DOCS OCT " . Condolences and prayers to his family . I know a few of you guys on here knew him , just passing on the bad news .
    I drink , I drive fast cars , and I fondle women . But I am my own boss , and do have weekends off !
  • deputy x 2
    forum member
    • Sep 2005

God Speed DOCS OCT!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

• BSOdeputy
      Hack
      • Sep 2007

R.I.P. Gummy, brother in blue... We'll take it from here.
      The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
        Senior Veteran
        • Aug 2007

Rest In Peace.............

Go Stand Main Line in heaven.
        I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• Willard_DTC
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2008

Wow...sad news indeed. Gummy was a good friend of mine from my days at WDTC and his health was in decline back then. I always loved how he would put pretty much anyone in check no matter how many stars or bars on their uniform. RIP Gummy from a friend in the Land of the Frozen Brains......

Comment

• MSICF
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2009

Amen. Peace in your next journey.

Comment

Oh Wow...not Gummy! Man, he was just neat! A hack in DI Clothing....hid better than most wolves in sheep clothing! He was always there at the cattle chute for shift change with a smile on his face. Probably cause he knew he had a minute's walk home....and I had an 8 hour shift ahead of me. LOL. Rest In Peace Gummerson....you were a great guy! I will always remember the time he was on the perimeter on the 2-10 shift (prolly for OT)....and parked on the ring road by the B-1 dorms entrance. I had all my parolees tell him 'Good Night' in unison at the top of their lungs. He came right back with a middle-finger salute...and an equally loud 'F*ck-Off'. LOL...that was Classic, and makes me still chuckle!!

Comment

• naze69
                PO'd CO
                • May 2008

Yeah Hack . I remember one night he relieved me on D-3 for OT on 10-6 . He walks in , I sez WTF , you lost , there ain't no truck in here ? He looks at me , sez " GET THE F*CK OUTTA MY HOUSE" . Woke up half the cons , lol .
                I drink , I drive fast cars , and I fondle women . But I am my own boss , and do have weekends off !

Comment

• Willard_DTC
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2008

Were either of you guys there during the days of Supt. Williams? He used to LOVE to drive on perimeter road and he would get on the radio....."Unit 1 to Unit 6.....what is your location?" Gummy would answer and say......"Perimeter Road"......classic lol

Comment

• naze69
                    PO'd CO
                    • May 2008

HAHAHAHA , yeah Willard , I heard him say that quite a few times . Friggin great . lol .

Comment

Yes, I was there when the Supt. was there. He enjoyed playing radio games. LOL. I always would get a chuckle!

Comment

• Willard_DTC
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2008

That place was a Perimeter Patrol officers dream....a million places to hide from brass. Dep West was the worst though.....I would be trying to pop a squat in Elliot Hall and it never failed....."Control to Unit 6.....fence alarm....Zone 33" Hurry up and finish my business in record time and drive up there at Warp 7 just in time to catch the Dep kicking the damn fence lol I also used to love driving down past Camp Edgemere and pulling up to the sewage treatment plant which I fondly called The Superintendents Conference Room........

Comment

• NYSCOsoon
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2007

Sounds like a guy who knew how to have fun on the job....My sympathy goes out to his friends and family.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12321 users online. 76 members and 12245 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...