• 1 Post By sigcopper
  • 1 Post By asullivan
  • 1 Post By showme
  • 2 Post By TheTick
  • 3 Post By pujolsfan146

Thread: These parents deserve to die.

Forum Member

These parents deserve to die.

Riley Choate, 39 and ex-wife Kimberly Kubina, 45, have been charged with murder after the remains of a 13-year-old boy who spent more than a year locked in a dog cage was discovered in a shallow grave at a local motor home park.

According to the Lake County Sheriff's Office, an investigation was launched last week after the little boy's 17-year-old sister informed them that she had information about her younger brother, Christian Choate, who disappeared more than two years ago.

Christian Choate, who was just 13-years-old at the time he was murdered, went largely unnoticed for two years while his father and stepmother vowed to keep his death a secret that they would "take to the grave," according to the arrest report.

That secret became a murder investigation after the boy's sister told her biological mother, Aimee Estrada, what had happened to her brother, and the mother went to authorities with the information. We'll note here that the biological mother reportedly gave up custody rights to her son and daughter in 2005.

Now an investigation has revealed that the boy was abused for years until he was beaten to death in April, 2009 and then entombed in a slab of concrete to ensure "he couldn't move."

Investigators say Christian was forced to live in a dog cage, deprived of food and clothed with nothing more than a diaper for at least a year prior to his death.

When he was allowed out of the cage, he was often chained to a bed frame, beaten with a metal pole in the face and head, forced to endure ice baths, and choked repeatedly until he turned purple.

On one occasion Kubina reportedly told the girl "He needs to be locked up, he's a dog."

Christian's sister, who was 15-years-old at the time, told investigators that it was her job to feed, exercise and punish Christian. She told investigators that her father and step-mother forced her to beat and choke Christian until he turned blue in the face. She also stated that she was ordered to videotape the assault, but that Riley Choate later recorded over it.

The abuse came to a head on April 4, 2009, when Christian refused or was unable to take in food. Investigators say Riley Choate "became enraged and punched him with full force several times in the front, side and back of his head before throwing him back in the cage," according to the arrest report.

After the beating, Christian's sister was directed to check on her brother every five minutes. When she checked on him the next morning (April 5), she found that he was not breathing. When Christian's father and step-mother refused to help the boy, the sister stated that she used an air pump in an attempt to resuscitate him.

Christian's sister told authorities that she watched as her father and step-mother wrapped Christian in plastic bags, placed his body in a plastic tote bin, loaded him into a van and drove off.

When the couple returned, they told the girl that Christian had been buried and then covered with concrete "so he couldn't get out." stated the arrest report. Christian's death was not reported and the couple explained Christian's disappearance by telling neighbor's that the boy had run away.

Following Christian's death, Kubina allegedly gathered all of the children living in the trailer and told them that Christian had run away stating: "This is a family thing. This goes to the grave."

Christian's death went unreported for the next two years until the Sheriff's Office received a call from the boy's biological mother. Deputies arrested Riley Choate, who led detectives to Christian's body.

Investigators also recovered the dog cage that Christian spent the last year of his life in.

Lake County coroners haven't yet released the cause of death but have ruled the case a homicide, citing blunt force trauma and internal bleeding at the time of his death.

Riley Choate and Kimberly Kubina (the couple split up following Christian's death) were booked into the Lake County Jail on charges of murder, neglect, battery, criminal confinement and failing to report a death. Bail has been denied.

Forum Member
    Whoops, posted in the wrong place. Please delete. I'll repost elsewhere.

Max Rockatansky
    wow...some people
    Chris
    STEAM ID: MrManslaughter
    XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Forum Member

I cant imagine how messed up the other children are. What a terrible story. RIP.
    Last edited by sigcopper; 02-12-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    xDIPLOMATIC likes this.

Forum Member

Sig, that would be too nice.

I volunteer if their state needs any help carrying out the injections.

I have a question for every LEO on the board. How do you not beat the crap out of people like this? I admire the restraint you guys show. In some of these cases I wonder if I could.
    W.W.S.D
    What Would Serpico Do?

Forum Member
    One more reason (of many) why I could never do what you do – I would have crushed both of their skulls (no female discounts in my code book, unlike the one the "justice" system sometimes uses to undermine all of your hard work and personal risk), and thrown my own career and life away for two piles of scum.

You can talk professionalism and the need to remain distant all day long; the simple fact is it takes a level of self-discipline and strength of character that many people don't have. And with you in place, our justice system is far, far, far better than it would be with street-justice hotheads out there.
    Thankfully, the ones like me get weeded out quickly in the process.

Forum Member
    I cringe at what the poor boy had to endure in his short life. Parents should be locked up forever.

Tmg
    Forum Member

That poor poor boy. I understand why some people do bad things. But this? Why did these parents feel the boy deserved that?
    Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Professor of Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post
    One more reason (of many) why I could never do what you do – I would have crushed both of their skulls (no female discounts in my code book
    Thankfully, the ones like me get weeded out quickly in the process.
    Make dat' two sweety.

I would have crushed both of their skulls
    Hopefully, ya' would have used a slow mov'in big vice and not a sledge hamma'.....
    HI629 likes this.
    From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Forum Member

If you loose your cool with them and assault them the case would probably be thrown out.

I wouldn't want to know if I had to go arrest them. Just tell me they have a warrant for murder and leave it at that. No details.

I wonder what will happen with the 17 year old girl after all of this.

Forum Member
    The girl will obviously be in therapy forever nothing much else will be done with her. As for these so called parents well the earth is made up of 70% water the statistics of finding their bodies is extremely small keep that in mind if you ever want to help someone "relocate"
    "Protecting those who served"

Forum Member

Where is a mod when you need them?
    Empire02 likes this.

Professor of Stuff
    ..............clear
    From da' land O' nervous sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    who cares....was she hot??
    Quote Originally Posted by mookster View Post
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. And I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityCopDC View Post
    I swear to god you are not human. I have seen enough episodes of X-Files to know a rogue VI (Virtual Inteligence) when I see one.
    Currently Being Ignored by

1) NYC Queeny.
    2) Officer retired.

Forum Member

Dang...I'm used to working alone and backup being a little ways away but not a whole hour

Forum Member

Poor kid! I hope that these losers get the "justice" they deserve from the other inmates. Child abusers don't usually fare very well in prison.

Forum Member

When i read the heading, i thought it was the brain child of a notorious kid who doesn't like his parents but having gone thru it, i had goose bumps. How can someone be so immoral? And why didn't that sister call 911 to help her bro?
    If I were to prosecute those mentally sick parents, i would have made them starve to death in the same dog house with their heads chained to their knees... Poor lad... May god rest his sole in peace...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by showme View Post
    If you loose your cool with them and assault them the case would probably be thrown out.

I wouldn't want to know if I had to go arrest them. Just tell me they have a warrant for murder and leave it at that. No details.

I wonder what will happen with the 17 year old girl after all of this.
    Well, not really. You could thump ever ounce of dog **** out of the two of them and the case still would not go away. But, you would have to go away because you would get jammed for assault and sued. Just because you kick someone's *** doesn't mean that they didn't murder the kid.

Anywhoodle, I hope they rot in hell...
    HI629 and JDGM0710 like this.
    If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Deputy Sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Class Bail Bonds View Post
    When i read the heading, i thought it was the brain child of a notorious kid who doesn't like his parents but having gone thru it, i had goose bumps. How can someone be so immoral? And why didn't that sister call 911 to help her bro?
    If I were to prosecute those mentally sick parents, i would have made them starve to death in the same dog house with their heads chained to their knees... Poor lad... May god rest his sole in peace...
    I am sure his sole is resting but it is even more important that his soul is resting.
    DCounty2010, TheTick and Frostman like this.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
    I am sure his sole is resting but it is even more important that his soul is resting.
    If not then lets pray for that...

Is there anyone who could tell me what capital punishments those parents had been thru?

Forum Member

People are just sick in the head.

Forum Member

unbelievable people out there

Conservitum Americum
    I KNOW IT'S AN OLD THREAD.

I met and got to talk at length with Dave Pelzer, the author, (victim) of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Called-I.../dp/1558743669

It should be required reading at your department for anger management. My copy is all torn up because as I read it I would get mad and throw the book just to get it out of my hands.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Forum Member

I remember reading his first book in one afternoon. It was so disturbing I had to keep telling myself, "If he can live through this, I can read it." He grew up close to me and we are about the same age. I couldn't help but wonder if I had ever met him or his family. And unbelievable that his abuser was a firefighter.

Forum Member

I can't even imagine the anguish this poor child was put through. He probably felt like he was an animal. We really need to have some legal form of torture or slow death for people like these.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    Sig, that would be too nice.

I volunteer if their state needs any help carrying out the injections.

I have a question for every LEO on the board. How do you not beat the crap out of people like this? I admire the restraint you guys show. In some of these cases I wonder if I could.
    No need for me to get my hands dirty. All I gotta do is lock 'um up and some "lifer" will eventually find out what they're in for and TCOB for the rest of us who aren't already serving life.

Hope those two have a long and eventful stay in the "Gray Bar Hilton".