Forum Member

Deputy State Fire Marshal I

Just a heads up that they've opened up hiring for Deputy State Fire Marshal I. Link below

MD State Fire Marshall

Forum Member

Looking at the announcement, I am confused as to whether they expect you to find a police academy to go through or if they put you through one themselves, anyone have any ideas as to which?

Suck it Trebek!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzeszow View Post
    Looking at the announcement, I am confused as to whether they expect you to find a police academy to go through or if they put you through one themselves, anyone have any ideas as to which?
    The wording was speaking about a MD lateral......however, FM will send somebody through a MPTC academy if need be, i.e. fresh body with no LE training/experience.

Forum Member
    I'm almost certain they would be sending folks to the academy in Sykesville. However, I've been known to be wrong before.

Forum Member
    I find it troublesome that I really like the sound of this position but I cant even apply unless I fly out there. awful
    Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Forum Member
    They will send them to other academies as well we had one in my class with pg a few years ago.

Forum Member

Do you think they're looking more for people with fire prevention related backgrounds or do you think criminal justice backgrounds would be just as preferable?

"Livin' the dream..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzeszow View Post
    Do you think they're looking more for people with fire prevention related backgrounds or do you think criminal justice backgrounds would be just as preferable?
    Neither matter; it's an entry level position. You either are qualified to sit for the test or you're not. From there it is all score driven. As a matter of practically, fire prevention will be of more use to you since you'll go through a full PD academy.
    "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people f@ck, then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Forum Member
    Is there an add on academy or follow up training?

Or is it OTJ training?

Forum Member

Does anyone have any more on this position? How is the salary determine from the range listed? What's a typical day like?

Forum Member

+1 I would also like to know how the salary scale is structured as well as the overtime opportunities. Also,is the generic opening for a specific area or do you have to be close to any particular office?? Thanks!