Page 5 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fëanor View Post
    Have you ever had sex?
    I don't believe she has. Would explain some of her posts.....

I'm in trouble I think.....
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Surfing Socal
    Hey Feonar you are basing your argument off a newspaper article. It was brought before a judge/jury and he was found inocent, so obviously there is more to the story then we know. If you were a cop you would understand how much the media gets wrong.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Verbal Sniper
    Feanor, I will refer you to jiu-jitsu's post. I realize that you must have been there since you know the girl was enjoying the sexual act and the intent of the step-father. Again, with your amazing gifts, it's a shame you don't dedicate your time into solving the worlds problems. A court of law determined there wasn't enough evidence to charge him. Perhaps you should call them and explain it to them. I do find it very interesting the young woman, now an adult, since this did happen over 2 years ago, testified on her step-father's behalf.

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    Feanor, I will refer you to jiu-jitsu's post. I realize that you must have been there since you know the girl was enjoying the sexual act and the intent of the step-father. Again, with your amazing gifts, it's a shame you don't dedicate your time into solving the worlds problems.
    After all of our debates I am glad you can finally admit this. I would love to solve all the world's problems but there is that whole "give a man a fish" saying :-p

If any different information came to light I would re-evaluate, but based on the info provided so far I think it's pretty clear what happened. There would have to be a very blatant error/omission or "desperate Hollywood writer" twist to the story to change things here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette_76
    A court of law determined there wasn't enough evidence to charge him. Perhaps you should call them and explain it to them. I do find it very interesting the young woman, now an adult, since this did happen over 2 years ago, testified on her step-father's behalf.
    That's no surprise, they are family after all and she probably has not spoken to the other guy much since it happened. Sometimes even the victims of terrible crimes will refuse to say anything bad about their attacker on the record, for a number of reasons.

Forum Member
    There is no reason a gun should be used in this scenario and the only person who should have been punished was the daughter, the boy should have either been kicked out or gotten his butt kicked if her step dad was so angry (even though that shouldn't happen either). The problem here is the daughter sneaking someone in the house, and then having sex with them in her room from what I've gathered from everyones comments and the story itself. There wasn't any statutory rape and if the step-dad actually thought she was being raped it would have been an impulse to throw the guy off, not go find your gun, load it, come back and shot the kid multiple times.

If I have a girlfriend that wants me to come over to her house and then wants to have sex with me in her room and I'm within the age of consent, I've done nothing wrong. It isn't my problem whether the daughter is disobeying her parents, from a legal perspective, I've done nothing that justifies the father shooting me. In reality I wouldn't have this mentality and would be weary of my girlfriends parents and would respect their wishes but this is completely wrong.

Is this a precedent for me being able to start shooting the girl on top of my son because I think she's raping him or is there something that states boys are the bad, deceiving, rapists who just haven't been caught yet? Since it's on impulse it isn't like I would have had any time to verify it and should receive the same sentence.

If you want a prostitute to stop being a prostitute, do you kill every man she sleeps with or teach her to stop being a prostitute?
    Not everyone wanting to discuss an issue has an agenda, some people just enjoy the debate.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nail View Post
    There is no reason a gun should be used in this scenario and the only person who should have been punished was the daughter, the boy should have either been kicked out or gotten his butt kicked if her step dad was so angry (even though that shouldn't happen either). The problem here is the daughter sneaking someone in the house, and then having sex with them in her room from what I've gathered from everyones comments and the story itself. There wasn't any statutory rape and if the step-dad actually thought she was being raped it would have been an impulse to throw the guy off, not go find your gun, load it, come back and shot the kid multiple times.

If I have a girlfriend that wants me to come over to her house and then wants to have sex with me in her room and I'm within the age of consent, I've done nothing wrong. It isn't my problem whether the daughter is disobeying her parents, from a legal perspective, I've done nothing that justifies the father shooting me. In reality I wouldn't have this mentality and would be weary of my girlfriends parents and would respect their wishes but this is completely wrong.

Is this a precedent for me being able to start shooting the girl on top of my son because I think she's raping him or is there something that states boys are the bad, deceiving, rapists who just haven't been caught yet? Since it's on impulse it isn't like I would have had any time to verify it and should receive the same sentence.

If you want a prostitute to stop being a prostitute, do you kill every man she sleeps with or teach her to stop being a prostitute?
    It's a southern thing you probably wouldn't understand. We have our guns, our Bibles and our women folk's honor to protect.
    Don't mess with those and you'll be fine down our way. Other wise get some good running shoes and body armor.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
    President Jefferson Davis

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by westside popo View Post
    It's a southern thing you probably wouldn't understand. We have our guns, our Bibles and our women folk's honor to protect.
    Don't mess with those and you'll be fine down our way. Other wise get some good running shoes and body armor.
    Haha that makes sense :P
    Not everyone wanting to discuss an issue has an agenda, some people just enjoy the debate.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    A court of law determined there wasn't enough evidence to charge him. Perhaps you should call them and explain it to them. I do find it very interesting the young woman, now an adult, since this did happen over 2 years ago, testified on her step-father's behalf.
    I find it a bit humorous that every day we have several posts on here complaining about the court system and how the screwed something up yet in this case because a court of law decided it than we should not question. I'm sure you've seen MANY judge's rulings and jury decisions that made you shake your head in amazement as to how they could have gotten it so wrong. I know I have. I'm also quite sure you've seen victims that change their minds when court finally rolls around and don't want to see the Defendants prosecuted, especially when they are family members.

I am not a big fan of the media either but this case is not open for much interpretation here. Step dad sees step-daughter having sex, goes gets gun, shoots boyfriend. I stand by my first assessment that it is attempted murder and should have been prosecuted, but like many cases it went the wrong way and that's just how our system works.

ETA: And another thing a lot of people are muddying up the waters here arguing things such as right to privacy, parental rights, or rights of children in a household which have no bearing on what this incident is really about at all. The right to life and not being killed for ****ing someone off is the issue here. All of you who are so ardent defenders of this man because he was "disrespected" in his own house are you just as much going to defend a gang member killing someone because they "disrespected" his turf by walking through his part of town? That would be just as ridiculous as this. We can't have a society if it's ok to kill someone just because they disrespected you.
    Last edited by WTPD3534; 04-23-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WTPD3534 View Post
    I find it a bit humorous that every day we have several posts on here complaining about the court system and how the screwed something up yet in this case because a court of law decided it than we should not question. I'm sure you've seen MANY judge's rulings and jury decisions that made you shake your head in amazement as to how they could have gotten it so wrong. I know I have. I'm also quite sure you've seen victims that change their minds when court finally rolls around and don't want to see the Defendants prosecuted, especially when they are family members.

I am not a big fan of the media either but this case is not open for much interpretation here. Step dad sees step-daughter having sex, goes gets gun, shoots boyfriend. I stand by my first assessment that it is attempted murder and should have been prosecuted, but like many cases it went the wrong way and that's just how our system works.

ETA: And another thing a lot of people are muddying up the waters here arguing things such as right to privacy, parental rights, or rights of children in a household which have no bearing on what this incident is really about at all. The right to life and not being killed for ****ing someone off is the issue here. All of you who are so ardent defenders of this man because he was "disrespected" in his own house are you just as much going to defend a gang member killing someone because they "disrespected" his turf by walking through his part of town? That would be just as ridiculous as this. We can't have a society if it's ok to kill someone just because they disrespected you.
    But it wasn't some gang banger on public streets selling crack while showing his crack.

It was a mans home! As for this image of society, not like some of this BS is really working out so well anyways eh!

A old man close to his 90s I talked to few days ago was talking about how back in such and such time people sleep all night with doors and windows open. He stated people would steal back then too, The only difference was they knew they could be shoot for just stepping on a mans property after dark. Now they don't have much to fear.

My how times have changed.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkon View Post
    But it wasn't some gang banger on public streets selling crack while showing his crack.

It was a mans home! As for this image of society, not like some of this BS is really working out so well anyways eh!

A old man close to his 90s I talked to few days ago was talking about how back in such and such time people sleep all night with doors and windows open. He stated people would steal back then too, The only difference was they knew they could be shoot for just stepping on a mans property after dark. Now they don't have much to fear.

My how times have changed.
    With the wave of Castle Doctrine Laws being passed around the country you can now more than ever shoot someone for entering your house to steal something. Times haven't changed all that much. Big difference between a burglar and your step-daughters boyfriend cause believe it or not they were having sex back in those days too.

Forum Member
    With the wave of Castle Doctrine Laws being passed around the country you can now more than ever shoot someone for entering your house to steal something. Times haven't changed all that much. Big difference between a burglar and your step-daughters boyfriend cause believe it or not they were having sex back in those days too.
    LOL yeah this is true, They just kept it in the barn on top of soft hay!

Civillian
    That's it! He was stealing his daughter's virginity. Justified shoot. Case closed. Move right along.

Forum Member
    Smurfette's got it right about nothing more sneaky than a teenaged girl! I raised 3 girls and not one of them would have disrespected me by doing as this girl did. I had a rule in my house(still do) and it's called the 3 second rule. Your door is closed on your room,I knock,3 seconds later I enter even if you've said "wait a minute". I believe that all persons should be entitled to some privacy("alone time") be it in my home or not,but if it's my home,I'll enter after knocking to let you know I'm entering! In order to get respect,some needs to be shown so I knock,then enter. They knock....and wait!

All parties were wrong here. I'll bet none of the 3 people do any of those things again!

Wonder if the girl was seeing what she could get away with? The boyfriend?? Lucky to have gotten away........period!

I have to quit saying "How stupid can you be?" Some people are taking it as a challenge!

If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons make people fat!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus259 View Post
    I'll keep this in mind. Next time someone disrespects me in my own home, I'll shoot them repeatedly and make a post about it here, and I better not get any guff for it either :-/
    Good luck with that!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    Was this an Honor Killing?
    Nobody died.
    President Ronald Reagan

Flaps 35 please
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    Was this an Honor Killing?
    No, at most it would be murder.
    Life is what you make of it

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MD11pilot View Post
    No, at most it would be murder.
    You mean justifiable homicide.
    President Ronald Reagan

Flaps 35 please
    Quote Originally Posted by westside popo View Post
    You mean justifiable homicide.
    Nope, I mean a fast track to the needle
    Life is what you make of it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MD11pilot View Post
    If she is doing something private that does not involve anyone else then she should use the bathroom or perform her private actions when the household is asleep.
    Dude, it's HER bedroom. She should at least be able to close the door for a little privacy. What if she is changing her clothes and is naked? She if she is having a serious conversation on the phone. What if she is masturbating? To have a step father just barge in like that is beyond rude and disrespectful. Yea, it's the parents house.. but it's hers too. She's not a slave or a prisoner.. she should have SOME kind of rights to privacy.
    A 16 year old girls bedroom is where she feels safe. That is the place she should be having sex, if she choices to do so. At 16, that is where I brought my girls. Would the stepfather rather have her doing stuff behind he back at some other house? In some alleyway or in a car in public?
    Last edited by PlateStacker; 04-27-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
    I had a rule in my house(still do) and it's called the 3 second rule. Your door is closed on your room,I knock,3 seconds later I enter even if you've said "wait a minute".
    So your going to enter their room, even when your daughter or son says "wait a second"?! They could be naked or doing something private like masturbating? Eh.. not trying to be gross here, but it's reality. At 16 I was 5 years into beating guts. I had girls in my room all the time. I've been naked in my room at times. And I was wackin the pud at 16 too. My door was locked at all times at that age. There would be absolutely NO need for my parents to bardge into my room like a damn SWAT entry team... unless I was dying. I mean seriously, why would you need to get into her room so damn fast for unless she was in trouble??
    Last edited by PlateStacker; 04-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Molon Labe
    Quote Originally Posted by PlateStacker View Post
    So your going to enter their room, even when your daughter or son says "wait a second"?! They could be naked or doing something private like masturbating? Eh.. not trying to be gross here, but it's reality. At 16 I was 5 years into beating guts. I had girls in my room all the time. I've been naked in my room at times. And I was wackin the pud at 16 too. My door was locked at all times at that age. There would be absolutely NO need for my parents to bardge into my room like a damn SWAT entry team... unless I was dying. I mean seriously, why would you need to get into her room so damn fast for unless she was in trouble??
    At around 16, I thought I could lock my door.

My Dad then simply removed the door altogether.

His house, his rules.....dont like it, feel free to seek emancipation status and live on your own.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Forum Member

I'm a rather progressive person, but some terrible parenting (both your parents and hers) had to be involved for you to be sexually active at 11.

What does 'LE/Security Officer' mean?

Forum Member

About PlateStacker

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry
    Yes

Are You a Sworn Police Officer
    No

Occupation
    LE/Security Officer

Quote Originally Posted by crass cop View Post
    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Police Officer
    To shoot the POS that is trying to have sex with my daughter.

You'll understand when you have kids.... Well, maybe not, seeing how your parents obviously sucked. Do us a favor and don't reproduce. Thanks!
    Certified troll.

Police Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPlaca View Post
    About PlateStacker

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry
    Yes

Are You a Sworn Police Officer
    No

Occupation
    LE/Security Officer

You guys haven't heard? They are called security cops, they have more power than Chuck Norris!
    Certified troll.

Page 5 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 Last