Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    I wear an exterior vest carrier. Why can't you just get a regular pair of blackhawk suspenders put them under the carrier and connect them to your belt. When I was on SWAT thats what we did with our rigs under our vests. Took alot of weight off the hips. Think this would be the same and alot cheaper. Or is there some other advantage to this product over regular suspenders.

This looks awesome. The ones I have been looking go outside the uniform or you have to tailor the shirt. I am going to look in get one. Thanks.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

"Remember: Right now someone is training so that when they meet you, they beat you. Train hard, and stay on guard."--Dave Spaulding

Quote Originally Posted by Diving Cop View Post
    I wear an exterior vest carrier. Why can't you just get a regular pair of blackhawk suspenders put them under the carrier and connect them to your belt. When I was on SWAT thats what we did with our rigs under our vests. Took alot of weight off the hips. Think this would be the same and alot cheaper. Or is there some other advantage to this product over regular suspenders.
    No real advantage except that it goes under the uniform and isn't exposed. It's comfortable if you wear it under the vest when wearing a concealed vest. Pretty simple to use and the belt keepers are built in, which hold your belt well even when you run.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Forum Member
    anyone used the atlas load bearing plates

Tac Plates

They work like a charm for me, some people complain because they are a little expensive. My only saying is "what is your back worth to you"

Tac Plates 3.jpg
    Tac Plates 4.jpg
    Last edited by FreeAgent; 04-09-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Clearer Image

Forum Member
    theyre always sold out on their site

Forum Member

How does it work with Shirtstays?

I am wondering how the shirt tuckes in around this unit? Does anyone wear Shirtstays? can those work around this system? Sounds like a great system that does just as it advertises, I am just not sure if this would work with our uniforms and shirt stays? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

They take the place of shirt stays you won't need them anymore. Basically it is a V that tucks into your pants with the shirt being tucked into the middle. Hard to explain but there are pictures with cutaway views on their website. My shirt has yet to come untucked wearing the system in over 2 years.
    In Valor there is hope

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    They work like a charm for me, some people complain because they are a little expensive. My only saying is "what is your back worth to you"

Tac Plates 3.jpg
    Tac Plates 4.jpg
    You might want to add it's tax deductible as a uniform/safety item not provided by the department.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Forum Member
    shirt tucks into your pants and you wear an underbelt which holds the carbon fiber velcro attachments which attach to the outer plates. Works wonders.

Forum Member
    I've been looking at these and the tac plates for a year, the tac plates look easier to deal with but it seems the "suspenders" would work better, just not sure which one to go with.

I too am torn on this system. I saw it a while back and actually mentioned it to a friend. He purchased it and swears by it now. It's pretty pricey, but like others have said, what's your back worth to you?

after using the back defender i will never switch to anything else, it's AWESOME
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member
    So you guys are saying with the back defender you do not need to wear shirt stays? Right now I wear shirt stays and a sticky belt, I hate for my shirt to be loose and I lost a few lb's so the sticky helps hold it all in place. If thats the case I'd order one for sure, I hate shirt stays but, does it keep it down tight?

No shirt stays at all, keeps it very tight and military looking. During the academy we had daily inspections and everyone wore the back defender no issues with blousing a shirt and having it stay that way
    In Valor there is hope

Forum Member
    I went ahead and ordered the back defender. I wish I could wear normal suspenders so hopfully this will be just as good, meet dept dress code, and if I don't have to wear shirt stays even better.

Does everyone wear these under their vests?

I wear mine over. It's a lot more comfortable, can't even tell its there. I like it better than normal suspenders because it had keepers built in. Just make sure to wear belt loose, if you crank it down it kind of defeats the system
    Last edited by SCSU74; 05-29-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    In Valor there is hope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2