Page 403 of 468 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 413 453 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 11689
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: July 2011 NYPD Academy

Thank god for Tier II !!! DigitalFrenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight 20/20 View Post
    Do academy recruits on the 4X12 tour earn night differential?
    Nope, no night diff or vacation for recruits while in the academy.

RIP PO Peter Figoski

NYPD Scholarship Opportunities

DigitalFrenchie's Guide to NYPD IMPACT

Stop, Question & Possible Frisk: My Personal Take

When I answer a stupid question:

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTNT View Post
    DF,

Why do you bother?

not the "UF" kind
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPD8307 View Post
    Ok sorry for misunderstanding
    it's all good, I recommend people check out that store you mentioned (JackRabbit near union sq). Buying a shoe with the right kind of support for your foot is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbfitness View Post
    Does anyone know the commute from suffolk county to the academy lirr to where penn station then what?
    from Penn either the ACE to 14th, L to 3rd ave, and get the bus right outside the stairs a few blocks to 20th, or walk to Herlad Sq take the NR to 23rd and walk.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250 View Post
    it's all good, I recommend people check out that store you mentioned (JackRabbit near union sq). Buying a shoe with the right kind of support for your foot is the most important thing.

from Penn either the ACE to 14th, L to 3rd ave, and get the bus right outside the stairs a few blocks to 20th, or walk to Herlad Sq take the NR to 23rd and walk.
    so can we take the l to 3rd ave and walk the rest?

Forum Member
    guys, dont go out and buy expensive sneakers just for running, i spent 35 bucks on sneakers and i still run with them, Im not an avid runner by any circumstances but dont sweat it, theres no reason to go crazy on sneakers guys, just make sure theyre not flashy, mostly white is fine, theyre not gonna take cards for it

not the "UF" kind
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongIsland47 View Post
    so can we take the l to 3rd ave and walk the rest?
    yeah its only 6 blocks, you have to obey the walk/dont walk though haha

Blind Follower
    The buff shop around the corner from the academy had all the flyers from all the different buff shops and honored whatever package you wanted. That was easy enough, just ordered and picked up on my way home from work. Don't cheap out, you'll need a bunch of shirts. You'll go through two a day, so unless you feel like doing laundry twice a week just get a decent package. It will be worth it.

As far as running shoes, you know what you need. I bought a pair of nikes for 30 bucks and still run in them... but I never had any foot/shin problems to mitigate. You'll be running in them everyday, so if you need something decent to avoid pain just get them. Don't buy two pairs though, whatever you get will be fine.

You'll learn how to get to/from the academy in no time. If you're in a rush to catch a train there's always people looking to split cabs. There's also buses, but if you don't live in the city you'll probably stick with the subways to start.

Forum Member
    Good morning guys and gals
    -- Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious
    Oscar Wilde

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250 View Post
    yeah its only 6 blocks, you have to obey the walk/dont walk though haha
    lmao thanks alot man okay train to penn and subway form penn l to 3rd ave and ill be set. ugh hope it works out

Forum Member
    I'm in LI and I think I am meeting up w/ a few guys to go pick up the gym gear.

I guess the most important items we need right now are:

Shirts
    Shorts
    Socks
    NYPD water bottle

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuEvo1 View Post
    I'm in LI and I think I am meeting up w/ a few guys to go pick up the gym gear.

I guess the most important items we need right now are:

Shirts
    Shorts
    Socks
    NYPD water bottle
    and also soap and towel for the shower
    -- Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious
    Oscar Wilde

Forum Member
    Place I went to was out of the water bottle, gah lol

Forum Member
    Wow, I just called some places up and they said our shirts won't be ready for either a few days and/or a week.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPD8000 View Post
    and also soap and towel for the shower
    Oh yea, I just wanted to highlight the main stuff we needed at the gym/uniform stores. Thank though.

Forum Member
    Oh yea, I just wanted to highlight the main stuff we needed at the gym/uniform stores. Thank though.
    And Flip flops.

Wow, I just called some places up and they said our shirts won't be ready for either a few days and/or a week.
    For what I heard, we wont officially need them till the 28th. We can wear white T-shirts with our names & co #s written on them with a marker.

Forum Member
    anybody is in night tour going from westchester?
    4 Q Ready for Hire B status
    Appointed. July 6.

PROUD RESPECT HONOR

Forum Member
    Im a little confused, if a RDU pulls a card on us for displine action and writes on the card, they give it back to us and we turn it in to the company srgt. The company srgt than will give us a new card in place of it?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight 20/20 View Post
    For what I heard, we wont officially need them till the 28th. We can wear white T-shirts with our names & co #s written on them with a marker.
    I second this...we need to have the offical gear for gym by ther 28th. In the meantime, we need to go order and buy a package.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBrown View Post
    Im a little confused, if a RDU pulls a card on us for displine action and writes on the card, they give it back to us and we turn it in to the company srgt. The company srgt than will give us a new card in place of it?

They are not going to give you back the card. No one will hand them in!

You will request replacement deportment cards from your company sgt.

It's not only RDU that can pull a card, it's everyone short of the janitor that can. Outside cops, whatever can, on your way home, someone can and forward it to RDU.

Forum Member
    Does anyone know if we have to buy gym gear specifically from the vendors in the city, or if I can use something closer to me, that is more convenient? As long as it is a steel grey t shirt (crew neck, 2 inch black block lettering with our name and Co# on front on back), Navy Blue shorts (no pockets, above the knees), white ankle socks, and sneakers (predominantly white or grey in color with white laces) I should be good? As long as I meet this criteria it doesn't matter where it comes from, correct? And there is no preference how the lettering should be attached to the shirt (Iron on, adhesive vinyl, heat press, sewn on, ect.) Thanks again for the replys I appreciate it.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
    Does anyone know if we have to buy gym gear specifically from the vendors in the city, or if I can use something closer to me, that is more convenient? As long as it is a steel grey t shirt (crew neck, 2 inch black block lettering with our name and Co# on front on back), Navy Blue shorts (no pockets, above the knees), white ankle socks, and sneakers (predominantly white or grey in color with white laces) I should be good? As long as I meet this criteria it doesn't matter where it comes from, correct? And there is no preference how the lettering should be attached to the shirt (Iron on, adhesive vinyl, heat press, sewn on, ect.) Thanks again for the replys I appreciate it.
    I believe she said as long as your can replicate what they want you could go out and make it yourself...
    NYPD Exam #8050
    List#9xx

HIRED

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by options open View Post
    The buff shop around the corner from the academy had all the flyers from all the different buff shops and honored whatever package you wanted. That was easy enough, just ordered and picked up on my way home from work. Don't cheap out, you'll need a bunch of shirts. You'll go through two a day, so unless you feel like doing laundry twice a week just get a decent package. It will be worth it.

As far as running shoes, you know what you need. I bought a pair of nikes for 30 bucks and still run in them... but I never had any foot/shin problems to mitigate. You'll be running in them everyday, so if you need something decent to avoid pain just get them. Don't buy two pairs though, whatever you get will be fine.

You'll learn how to get to/from the academy in no time. If you're in a rush to catch a train there's always people looking to split cabs. There's also buses, but if you don't live in the city you'll probably stick with the subways to start.
    Options was that Juniors that matched the other flyers? I was thinking about heading to that one today to get my order in
    NYPD Exam #8050
    List#9xx

HIRED

Forum Member
    Does anyone know if there is a shop in Manhattan where i can purchase the gym attire?!?
    Exam: 8050
    List: 25**

HIRED! 7/02/2011 -6:30 pm

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPDcandidate View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a shop in Manhattan where i can purchase the gym attire?!?
    Juniors 211 east 21st st between 2nd and 3rd
    NYPD Exam #8050
    List#9xx

HIRED

im on my way now yo get my gear at RK Uniforms in Flushing NY
    Proud member of the NYPD Since July 6th, 2011.