Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    CSI Sucks
    Bad news for those hoping to join the next OHP academy: On Tuesday the House voted down Senate Bill 953 by a vote of 43 for the bill and 41 opposed. 51 yes votes are required for a bill to pass. Soooo, if you were hoping to join the OHP you may want to see how your state representative voted. If they voted no you may want to let them know what you think of that decision.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 3 or 4 times.

M-11

Forum Member

Yea, just noticed that and If I read it right, which could be wrong, they are doing a re-vote?

Forum Member

Guys, It PASSED this time!!!!! The emergency part failed though, so that will be interesting to see.
    Last edited by OHPhopful; 04-27-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Forum Member

The emergency part is just how quick it goes into effect, correct? Where did you find that it passed. All I could find is that it was up for a revote.

Forum Member

Click on the "votes" tab then click on "All house", it will give you a run down of all the members and how they voted. Here is the direct link, www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=sb953

Forum Member

Thank you OHPhopful, good info. The emergency part is just have fast it takes affect, I assume. Since it didn't pass, will the academy be in February, sooner or later? I wonder win they were planning to have it if the emergency part would have passed?

CSI Sucks
    Probably would have run one in the fall if the emergency part had passed. Kinda surprised that didn't pass to be honest.

M-11

Forum Member

Anyone got a word yet as to when the process might begin???????????????

Forum Member

We will know for sure by the end of May.

CSI Sucks
    Well, it seems as though once again the state legislature has made a questionable decision regarding funding the trooper academy.
    http://newsok.com/highway-patrol-fun...rticle/3564585
    If this thing doesn't pass on the anticipated re-vote, I would once again be making sure I contacted my state senator if they voted against it.

M-11

Forum Member

So, by the looks of this website....looks like the revote for Senate SB 954 passed today?

www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=SB954

Forum Member

Yes it passed. All this is getting old. Wish we could get underway.

CSI Sucks
    Seriously, you guys need to take a look at who voted "No" on this bill. If any of those "Nay" votes are your representatives or senators, you need to voice your displeasure with their vote and make sure they understand that not only will you not be supporting them in the future, but that you will actively aid their opponent(s).

M-11

Forum Member

One of my reps voted it down twice and he received a heartfelt email from me. I voted for him too.....
    patiently awaiting the 60th OHP academy.......one year we'll get there!

Forum Member

Great news. I just got the call from my uncle who is a Major in the OHP. Taking applications June 1st and academy will be in February. He said academy might be a little sooner if they get everything together that fast but they probably wont be able to until the normal start date of Feb. 28th. This is not rumor its a go!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theroper View Post
    Great news. I just got the call from my uncle who is a Major in the OHP. Taking applications June 1st and academy will be in February. He said academy might be a little sooner if they get everything together that fast but they probably wont be able to until the normal start date of Feb. 28th. This is not rumor its a go!
    I just heard the same thing from a trooper in my area.

Forum Member

Just ran a mile and a half ( I think, not a standard track ) and bout died! Bring on the OHP testing!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRPKyle View Post
    Just ran a mile and a half ( I think, not a standard track ) and bout died! Bring on the OHP testing!
    The big part is you run the 300 sprint rest for several mins then do your sit-ups and rest a few again then do your 1.5 run. Train with the sprint part first then the long run.

Forum Member

Just found out today they have money for 25 cadets which means they will hire 35. They said they expect that many to quit. They are talking to the turnpike trying to get them to pay for a few which means they might hire up to 45 for the academy. So for sure at least 25 with the possibility of up to around 45. Good luck everyone. Taking apps June 1st.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OHPhopful View Post
    The big part is you run the 300 sprint rest for several mins then do your sit-ups and rest a few again then do your 1.5 run. Train with the sprint part first then the long run.
    We did the 1.5 first....then sit ups, then push ups, and finally finished off with the 300. I got the 300 handled easy. It's the distance running that kills me.

Forum Member

I've been working on the Phonetic Alphabet, Ten Codes, and Station and Unit Signals, talk about a lot. I'm just trying to get a head start on them, one less thing later. I've been working out regular. It is very difficult to eat healthy in or society, makes getting in awesome shape tough. How are things going for everyone else. TRPKyle sounds like you have done the PT before? Is it still at Mill Creek school? I'm not looking forward to doing the PT test in the middle of August, talk about sweating.

Forum Member

Yes I have tested twice. I was not selected during the 58th due to immaturity according to my BI, and then had to withdraw myself from the 59th due to an untimely life/death family emergency for the 59th. This will be my 3rd time and hopefully the CHARM!!!

Anyways both times I tested, I did so at the OHP headquarters in OKC where the academy is held. After we did the PT, those who passed immediately took the written, and then those who passed were selected in order for the oral board interview. This all took place in one day.

After talking to OHPhopful it seems as they kinda switch up the testing order for PT. The list of the tests show they go order that OHPhopful says, however I did it both times in the order I posted. Either way, get your asses running and in shape and lets do this thing!

Forum Member

I was told today that academy is being planned for May.

Forum Member

Who told you that? Not at all trying to argue just curious. I had heard Feb. by the latest possibly sooner. But mabye they wont have the money until May.

Forum Member

The 60th Patrol Academy is scheduled to begin March 30th, 2012.
    Applications are being accepted starting June 1st, 2011.
    Deadline for 60th Academy is August 7th, 2011.
    It will be a 20 week academy.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last