Page 4 of 67 First 12345671454 ... Last
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Suffolk Correction Officer Test - 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cibowler View Post
    no offence to anyone but at max 5-7 people will score 100 or better, scores will be around 85-95
    Want don't you check this link. https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/civi...beligible.aspx You will find the results to be a lot different.

Forum Member

do we even have a chance to get hired?

Forum Member

Yea if you read the forum from the last test the first academy was 95's and higher. There are also more people taking it this time I believe. You might get in with a score in the 80's but it will take some time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by not857 View Post
    do we even have a chance to get hired?
    yeah bro don't count yourself out early everyone has to go through a process, theres hope and chance for everything.......(gosh i'm sounding like Obama :/), but yeah like some said there should be an academy in june so people who great early will get the call
    Last edited by cibowler; 10-24-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Forum Member

Really excited for this test. It's the first test I've taken (county and state) that it seems like they're actively hiring for and actually sound pretty hopeful for a quick test turnaround. That being said, I'm well aware of the waiting game and know not to get my hopes too up.

All that aside, I would like to comment on the fact that I really liked the idea of the seminar. This is the first job I've tested for that has had something like this and it has basically answered all of the questions that everyone has pre-test. It's finally nice to go into a test, fully knowledgeable about the position and hiring procedures.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AOSpades View Post
    Really excited for this test. It's the first test I've taken (county and state) that it seems like they're actively hiring for and actually sound pretty hopeful for a quick test turnaround. That being said, I'm well aware of the waiting game and know not to get my hopes too up.

All that aside, I would like to comment on the fact that I really liked the idea of the seminar. This is the first job I've tested for that has had something like this and it has basically answered all of the questions that everyone has pre-test. It's finally nice to go into a test, fully knowledgeable about the position and hiring procedures.
    Hey AOSpades i feel you on everything you just said, the first test that i ever took (county and state) was the SCPD exam that was is June of this year and i was only a year outta High School and it was very excited because it couldn’t have been better timing. But also i’ve learn not to get my hopes up too much and only banking on that exam, i i’m gonna just do my best and take as many exams as i can, that being said i’m excited for this one coming up next week, and i hope you do well.

After this exam i’m scheduled to take the Virginia Beach PD exam in April and June of 2012, and later in the future the SC Sheriffs should be having there exam.

Forum Member

hey everyone , I just wanted to say again in this post everyone take the test do the best u can , if u get 80 so what.....Like i said in this post and I say it again some people ( Pbxtech - I not saying nothing bad I trying to help LOL ) are thinking that u have to get a high grade to get called and I really dont think so. the 2007 list that civil service was on before this test (that we all are taking) they had to go down to the 70% range to find people....if u get in the 87 range I think u may get called first round....why u may be asking LOL because of all the factors I was saying before. for example a couple of handfulls of people may get a 105 but may not pass the other stuff like the backround , med exam, fitness test.....plus keep in mind that this test doesnt have a AGE LIMIT !! and I am only saying that bc I am 27 and I have been getting into shape for this test mostly...and its hard....so u may have alot of people that pass the writen test but cant pass the other stuff...Bc that is what happened on the 2007 sc correction test. So PBXTECH , PIZZA , CIbowler, and everyone on this post that is taking the test Good LUCK and I hope we all pass and work together....we have a couple more weeks left ....I have to go to the Northport middle school LOL
    Last edited by bestbuyer2312; 10-25-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bestbuyer2312 View Post
    hey everyone , I just wanted to say again in this post everyone take the test do the best u can , if u get 80 so what.....Like i said in this post and I say it again some people ( Pbxtech - I not saying nothing bad I trying to help LOL ) are thinking that u have to get a high grade to get called and I really dont think so. the 2007 list that civil service was on before this test (that we all are taking) they had to go down to the 70% range to find people....if u get in the 87 range I think u may get called first round....why u may be asking LOL because of all the factors I was saying before. for example a couple of handfulls of people may get a 105 but may not pass the other stuff like the backround , med exam, fitness test.....plus keep in mind that this test doesnt have a AGE LIMIT !! and I am only saying that bc I am 27 and I have been getting into shape for this test mostly...and its hard....so u may have alot of people that pass the writen test but cant pass the other stuff...Bc that is what happened on the 2007 sc correction test. So PBXTECH , PIZZA , CIbowler, and everyone on this post that is taking the test Good LUCK and I hope we all pass and work together....we have a couple more weeks left ....I have to go to the Northport middle school LOL
    Hello Bestbuyer, I already took the test and got the job. You guys need to set your sights higher. Do not shoot for an 80 and hope people with higher scores get eliminated. Just get yourself the higher score. People from the last test with low passing scores should consider themselves very lucky. There is no score of 87. The passing scores are 70,75,80,85,90,95,100 and 100+. Civil service tests are all about numbers. Using the last test as an example you can run the numbers and see where you need to be. Also remember a lot more people are taking this upcoming test.

105=6
    100=69
    95= 292
    90=347
    85=296
    80=230
    75=166
    70=40

1446 people passed. Put yourself at the top of the list and you will be in 1 of the 2 classes they need for our new jail in 2012.

Forum Member

I have to go to the Northport middle school LOL

Lucky, i live maybe 3 minutes from Northport middle school but have to go all the way to Suffolk Community College in Selden to take the test.

Forum Member

Congrats PBXTECH for getting in...but i am not tell eveyone whos trying to get in to shoot for an 80 and hope the higher scores get eliminated...all I said and like I said in all my post was to do the best u can....but dont think that if u get an 80 that u are out of the mix ....fact is not everyone is going to get a high score..but we will see nov 5th...and I think and said the people who just passed with a low grade( on the last test) and were called are very lucky bc that never happens..sry ur right about the 87% part ...I am taking to many city tests bc in the city u can get 87s and scores like that. Aospades , u know I live not even a couple of lights down from scc selden ....that is weird .. I wish we could switch LOL

Forum Member

One thing that they didn't really answer at the seminar, that I hoped someone would be able to shed some light on was, how many classes do they usually have per year? I believe they said they were prepping for a january class, and I know they said something about a june class. Are there any other classes throughout the year?

Forum Member

One thing that they didn't really answer at the seminar, that I hoped someone would be able to shed some light on was, how many classes do they usually have per year? I believe they said they were prepping for a january class, and I know they said something about a june class. Are there any other classes throughout the year?
    when I went to the seminar I think they said they normal have one a year but they may have 2 a year bc they need ppl. but I think the norm is one..

Forum Member

when I went to the seminar I think they said they normal have one a year but they may have 2 a year bc they need ppl. but I think the norm is one..
    gotcha, that sucks. But I'm still hopeful lol!

Forum Member

Hopefully they’ll get 2 classes in, in 2012 June and Jan

Forum Member

Any idea of how many questions are on this test....considering everybodys scores wore multiples of five im gonna say only 20 questions??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 09fine View Post
    Any idea of how many questions are on this test....considering everybodys scores wore multiples of five im gonna say only 20 questions??
    All the practice tests I have (not Suffolk ones, just Corrections ones) are 100 questions. I highly doubt there would only be 20. I'm going to take NYC Corrections test tmo, I'll report back with how many questions were on that one.

Forum Member

All the practice tests I have (not Suffolk ones, just Corrections ones) are 100 questions. I highly doubt there would only be 20. I'm going to take NYC Corrections test tmo, I'll report back with how many questions were on that one.
    Good luck on the NYC Corrections Exam (Rikers Island), my dad’s a CO there, it’s a good career, i’m also gonna take there exam soon also.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cibowler View Post
    Good luck on the NYC Corrections Exam (Rikers Island), my dad’s a CO there, it’s a good career, i’m also gonna take there exam soon also.
    Thank you, went really well. There were 80 questions btw

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many hours the test is? Only reason i ask is because i have to take the test in the AM and manage to get to work on time. thanks

Forum Member

Well the SCPD test was like 260ish questions if I remember correctly, and they gave you 3 1/2 hours.

I don't think the SCCO test will be that long but who knows. I would plan on it being 3 hours though.

Forum Member

PBXtech,

Were there any personality questions/character ethics questions on this exam?

I hope not because although they are simple, I have no idea how the hell they are graded lol.

Forum Member

No there wasn't any personality questions. I remember it being 65-80 standard civil service questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PBXTech View Post
    No there wasn't any personality questions. I remember it being 65-80 standard civil service questions.
    Ok, thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PBXTech View Post
    Any tips on on the picture memory portion of the exam? That seems to be the part that gets me all the time, no matter what exam I'm taking. Would've gotten 100 on the NYCDOC test if it wasn't for that lol.

Forum Member

The last test did not have a memory section.

Page 4 of 67 First 12345671454 ... Last