Forum Member

Another asking for advice on how to get rid of a drug dealer

So like many others, we have a problem with some little miscreants selling dope in our neighborhood and we obviously want it to stop. I can give you the whole backstory on them but its honestly no different than any other so I'll just cut to the chase.

There is a house in our rather nice neighborhood that has 3 kids between 16 and 22, plus who knows how many 'friends' that stay there, that have selling drugs on the street in front of the house. LE knows about it. Its been reported many times. Local LE recently 'raided' the house and dragged away one of the kids for a drive-by shooting.

Now, they seem to have caught on that people are watching and are now dealing drugs out of the cars parked there instead of on the street. I want to report them, but what am I going to say other than "I see two black guys in a car, its suspicious"? I suppose I could see if theres a narcotics tip line for our local agency, but again, would calling in and saying "I see two guys in a car" at a house with a history be of any value to you guys? Or is that not likely to be productive?

Forum Member

They could always be checked out as a suspicious person, especially given the history of the house.

L-1
    Forum Member
    If it has been reported many times it may be that your local police agency simply lacks the resources to handle it.

Before I retired I got a call from someone who was experiencing the same problem you have, however, their location was outside my agency's jurisdiction. I called the narcotics division of the police department in their city and the detective I spoke with was very candid with me. The drug problem there was so great that their department was overwhelmed. As a result, all of their resources were directed at major drug dealers and they didn't have sufficient personnel to deal with individual drug houses.

You may have the same situation in your city.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Barefoot Ninja
    Maybe a little indirect fire would get the point across.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by just joe View Post
    They could always be checked out as a suspicious person, especially given the history of the house.
    Would that come up to dispatchers? Or only to the narcotics division? I would expect that unless the dispatchers knew of the history of the house, they'd just say "2 suspicious people in a car is not an emergency". I don't want to waste your guys time on a call that you can't do anything about.

Forum Member
    Narcotics prone location for sure, furtive movements, hand to hand exchange of possibly weapons/drugs, plain view/smell... Although, I don't know your dept policy on getting to frisk/search, gotta play by policy for the most part.
    "There's only two kinds of people who walk slow in this city... Us and them."

Glock 26
    Glock 19
    HK 45

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by L-1 View Post
    If it has been reported many times it may be that your local police agency simply lacks the resources to handle it.

You may have the same situation in your city.
    Possible. That would be disappointing if true. We sure do have plenty of big time drug traffic to keep the detectives busy down here, thats for sure (South Florida). Thanks for the reply.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    Maybe a little indirect fire would get the point across.....
    This guy is speaking my language. Does it have to be indirect?

Barefoot Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by hoorah View Post
    This guy is speaking my language. Does it have to be indirect?
    Nope. But the indirect is harder to track back to the source....
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    Nope. But the indirect is harder to track back to the source....
    Advice noted!

Forum Member
    Find out the home owners name. Then go get a business card that says Det. John Smith so and so PD ect ect. On the back write "good info," with the dopers name. Fold up a couple 100 dollar bills and attach it. Next time you see one of their "friends," pull in just walk up nice and friendly like...

Oh some Det. from so and so PD came by. He wanted to give this to (Home owner's name) but he wasn't home. You are his friends can you see that he gets this?

The problem should take care of itself.

Just joking in no way should you try this.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Forum Member

... I want to report them, but what am I going to say other than "I see two black guys in a car, its suspicious"?...
    Change it to: "two black guys who are RIDING DIRTY" and dispatch will know what you mean.

The FNG
    Quote Originally Posted by CarFan View Post
    Change it to: "two black guys who are RIDING DIRTY" and dispatch will know what you mean.
    HAHA!

OP- Get binoculars. Because we all know here at O.com, that Binoculars can solve every problem.... (inside joke for those who have been around for a while.)

Get the license plate of the vehicle, call dispatch on the NON- Emergency line and advise them of what you see. That is all you can do. Enough police heat on a drug house is gonna make that person lose buyers.

Forum Member
    Follow-up question: I imagine that dopers go back to the suppliers they know pretty frequently. Could the OP just keep a watch and note license plate #s, and then turn in a log of dates and numbers of the frequent fliers to the drug task force? Mightn't that info be helpful to someone, somewhere?

I've probably been watching too much TV!
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Forum Member
    A .45 is a pretty good way to get rid of one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarFan View Post
    I really would like to call in and say that. Even better if I can get my grandmother to do it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
    A .45 is a pretty good way to get rid of one.
    Hmm, biggest I've got is a 9mm. Guess I'll have to use 2 rounds.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SW_MN View Post
    HAHA!

OP- Get binoculars. Because we all know here at O.com, that Binoculars can solve every problem.... (inside joke for those who have been around for a while.)

Get the license plate of the vehicle, call dispatch on the NON- Emergency line and advise them of what you see. That is all you can do. Enough police heat on a drug house is gonna make that person lose buyers.
    Haha, binocs? I guess I'll have to search and see what thats about. The mall-ninja security keep tabs on the coming and goings of cars, I just didn't know if I was wasting dispatch's time by calling it in. I'll call it in if it helps, but if I'm just clogging the system with calls you'll never have a chance to respond to, I won't waste your time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brad601 View Post
    Find out the home owners name. Then go get a business card that says Det. John Smith so and so PD ect ect. On the back write "good info," with the dopers name. Fold up a couple 100 dollar bills and attach it. Next time you see one of their "friends," pull in just walk up nice and friendly like...

Oh some Det. from so and so PD came by. He wanted to give this to (Home owner's name) but he wasn't home. You are his friends can you see that he gets this?

The problem should take care of itself.

Just joking in no way should you try this.
    Too late! Haha, jk. As long as we're joking, maybe I should see if they have an open Wi-Fi and post a great deal on craigslist for some super cheap dope and guns. Just come on in, don't even knock

Forum Member
    Hmm, biggest I've got is a 9mm. Guess I'll have to use 2 rounds.
    Oh, go ahead and use three. 9 mils aren't pricey.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
    Oh, go ahead and use three. 9 mils aren't pricey.
    Well, if you insist!