Firefighter/Cop (crazy) FiremanMike's Avatar

How frequently is Columbus testing?

Does anyone know how often Columbus Police is giving a test?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Forum Member
    Well they just offered a test in October and I think also had one last spring. However, I haven't heard of a new round. I know budgets are always iffy. General knowledge says they plan on hiring around 150 this year spread across 3 classes (one already started late 2010, June, Dec.). So it probably really depends on how many officers retire and how much money they have after these 150 2011 hires.

Forum Member
    At the last meeting when we received the background packet they advise it would be this spring or early summer. They have changed up how you apply now you have to attend one of the information and application sessions listed on there website. These sessions are taking place in March, April, May so I would imagine the testing would follow so after.

Firefighter/Cop (crazy) FiremanMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpr2Be View Post
    At the last meeting when we received the background packet they advise it would be this spring or early summer. They have changed up how you apply now you have to attend one of the information and application sessions listed on there website. These sessions are taking place in March, April, May so I would imagine the testing would follow so after.
    Well that's kinda lame.. Thanks for that I was planning on skipping them...
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Forum Member
    The 2012 spring recruitung drive starts this Saturday, March 17.

http://www.columbuspolice.org/Recrui...ingevents.html

Forum Member
    Anyone know why they switched to recruiting events in place of the online applications?

Forum Member
    Not sure why they changed. But I wish 5 May would get here to start process