Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member

Quest about a out of state felony bench warrant.

Hi there I have had my mistakes in like ad after fixing my life something has come back to bite me back. So I have a felony bench warrant out of Washington state. It is not extraditable outside of the state. It is for a theft. Now say I get pulled over for speeding or something outside of the state, will the officer let me know there is a warrant or how does it go after they find it? Should I let him know of the bat about it? I Albright to take care of it, but am preparing financially as I have a child now. Thanks for your help. It's from over 3 years ago. Now another question since I haven't been formally charged will statue of limitations ever run out?

Equal Height Equal Light
    I'm not going to address your other questions, but you'd be well-advised to immediately tell any officer you have contact with about that warrant.

Forum Member
    You HAVE NOT FIXED your life. You posts shows that. You have a felony warrant that you are trying to hide from. Good luck with that. Sounds like you are setting a fine example for your child. Turn yourself in, serve your time and try to get some type of education while you are there....your grammar is horrible.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Aged like a fine wine grumpyirishman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhahollifield View Post
    Now another question since I haven't been formally charged will statue of limitations ever run out?
    The statute of limitations does not run out for you!!

WA Code:
    Code Section 9A.04.080
    Felonies Murder, arson causing death: none; homicide by abuse, vehicular homicide, vehicular assault causing death, hit-and-run injury/accident causing death: none; public official misconduct, arson: 10 yrs.; rape if reported 1 yr. of commission: 10 yrs., or if victim is under 14 yrs. old, 3 yrs. after victim turns 18, whichever is later; rape if not reported within 1 yr.: 3 yrs. or if victim is under 14 yrs. old, 3 yrs. after victim turns 18 yrs. old, but not more than 7 yrs. after rape; child molestation, indecent liberties, incest: if victim is under 14 yrs. old, 3 yrs. after victim turns 18 yrs. old, but not more than 7 yrs. of offense; leading organized crime or criminal profiteering: 6 yrs.; Class C felony: 5 yrs.; bigamy and all other felonies: 3 yrs.

Misdemeanors Gross misdemeanors: 2 yrs.; other offenses: 1 yr.

Acts During Which Statute Does Not Run: Not publicly a resident

Man up and take care of it!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Forum Member
    While the warrant is "non-extraditable", it's still for a felony, and somewhere along the line you'll need to address it. You state you haven't been formally charged. Wrong: a warrant is an order of the court, directing a Peace Officer to arrest you. You HAVE been formally charged. One a warrant is issued, it's theoretically good for ever, and the Statute of Limitations does not apply. I suggest to you, that it's in your best interests to address this issue. I further suggest that you retain an Attorney to assist you in this process. Until you address this issue, it will be hanging over you, and should you return to Washington State, and should you be stopped, or come into contact with the police, the warrant would, in all probability be executed. Get it taken care of.

Forum Member
    One you don't know anythin about me or where I have came from. Grammar is not a concern of mine. Also I have a lawyer who is paid for. My life has been a law abiding one since I grew up! The crime came from me not wanting to get my own mother in trouble. The story behind is longer and more sophisticated for you to comprehend. I am not running from anything I haven't been living there in a couple years, but because I don't have enough money to provide, and move back doesn't mean anyone is hiding. When as a matter of fact the prosecutor lawyer and police know my address where I work and anything else they need to know. I saw the paperwork to prove this. Behind your awnsers I got the one I got... Thanks and good luck!

One you don't know anythin about me or where I have came from. Grammar is not a concern of mine. Also I have a lawyer who is paid for. My life has been a law abiding one since I grew up! The crime came from me not wanting to get my own mother in trouble. The story behind is longer and more sophisticated for you to comprehend. I am not running from anything I haven't been living there in a couple years, but because I don't have enough money to provide, and move back doesn't mean anyone is hiding. When as a matter of fact the prosecutor lawyer and police know my address where I work and anything else they need to know. I saw the paperwork to prove this. Behind your awnsers I got the one I got... Thanks and good luck!

You are of course correct. We know nothing about you EXCEPT what you yourself has typed on this forum.Being the trained investigators we are we have deduced the following:
    #1. You have a non-extraditable felony warrant out for you in the state of Washington.

#2 You have terrible grammar and sentence structure in your original posts.

#3. If you have contact with a law enforcement officer in that state------YOU WILL be arrested on a felony charge.
    #4. You get testy easily……………and obviously think you are “better” than us since your story is “too complicated and sophisticated” for us lowly law enforcement officers to comprehend.

#5 The posts above makes almost no sense what so ever.

#6..YOU came on this site asking a question……………it got answered. If you don’t like the answers you get you are free to take your ball and go play elsewhere. HOWEVER either way----YOU do NOT get to dictate HOW your questions are answered.

Have a nice day.
    I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

I don't get paid to get assaulted, shot or killed....it's a risk of the job but it's not what I'm paid to do.......if I have to taser you to get you in handcuffs I'm going to....--Hot Soup

Hey guy,
    You came here to ask questions about YOUR mistakes. Don't complain about the answers that you get. I was going to answer your questions until i read that. Straighten your life out because clearly you haven't.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Forum Member
    See that bolded part??? If that was true you wouldn't have a felony warrant for theft...doesn't matter that you were trying to help someone...you stole something, got caught and now you're not man enough to take care of it and are hiding out in another state....I find it funny you have enough money for a lawyer but you don't have enough to go back and take care of your problems.....somewhere there's a treacherous wench that caused all your problems isn't there?

Forum Member
    Whoa there Hot Rod, who approached this forum with a question? You did. Here's a newsflash Jackwagon, YOU don't get to dictate the manner in which we reply to your questions. We do that. What we'll guarantee you, what you received is an honest, straight from the shoulder reply to your question. If YOU already have all the answers, why bother us? At the end of the day, the warrant is YOUR problem, not ours. YOU have to deal with it, not us. Now, that you've received the help you sought, why not move on, get your maladjusted life in order, and take some responsibility for your actions.

Have gun......will travel RoadKingTrooper's Avatar
    Felony warrant and extradition are two separate issues. I will not educate you how the "system" works but...............................YES! you can be arrested outside of Washington state
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
    Felony warrant and extradition are two separate issues. I will not educate you how the "system" works but...............................YES! you can be arrested outside of Washington state
    Hey, RKT,what we have here is another poster with a large case of self pity. He inquired, received honest replies, and now he's hurt and upset because we told him the truth. Didn't get too far into the New Year without the crybabies showing up, did we?

Blah, blah, blah
    Send me your Name and Address.....and I will make all your problems go away.....

Just remember to answer the door so they don't kick it in.....and when they tell you to put your hands in the air....it's pretty advisable to do so....riding a taser sucks.....

Felony warrants don't go away, the case just sits there until justice is served. Statute of limitations are for example if I beat someone up and they never reported it for 20yrs that train has long sailed. They can't go in 20yrs later to file a complaint on me for beating them up. Your complaint has been made against you and will be there until you are brought to justice on the warrant, once that happens they'll pull the case report and go forward just like any case. Even though it says "will not extradite" doesn't mean you'll be away scott free. I'v had several that they decided they would come get that had "will not extradite" on. They may get a bug up their azz on one of your roadside contacts and decide they will. Which ever agency takes you into custody can hold you for the original agency for up to 10days.

Your best bet is to find out what the bond is and get that together turn yourselef in and bond out and deal with it. It WILL NOT JUST GO AWAY!
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Even if this would be one of the instances where the Statute of Limitations WOULD apply......................by moving out of the jurisdiction, you have stayed the time limits. If you, for instance, should move back into the jurisdiction (assuming the SoL was stayed) the time would once again start running.
    I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

I don't get paid to get assaulted, shot or killed....it's a risk of the job but it's not what I'm paid to do.......if I have to taser you to get you in handcuffs I'm going to....--Hot Soup

You still can be extradited.

He dosent worry about jurisdiction

On a serious note. Your a dumb***** for even posting this. Yes you still can get sent back to Washington State.

p.s. If you still have an outstanding warrant, then YES you are running from something. A responsible citizen (and father) would take care of the warrant so he doesn't have anything hanging over his head. It would suck for you and your child to be in the car during a traffic stop and the officer takes you in for the warrant. Hope you have someone to take care of the child, because many we arrest don't.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Anyone taking bets that's actually an extraditable warrant?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wirefire2 View Post
    Anyone taking bets that's actually an extraditable warrant?
    Wouldn't be one bit surprised. But then, that's his problem either way.

Forum Member
    Hi there I have had my mistakes in like ad after fixing my life something has come back to bite me back. So I have a felony bench warrant out of Washington state. It is not extraditable outside of the state. It is for a theft. Now say I get pulled over for speeding or something outside of the state, will the officer let me know there is a warrant or how does it go after they find it? Should I let him know of the bat about it? I Albright to take care of it, but am preparing financially as I have a child now. Thanks for your help. It's from over 3 years ago. Now another question since I haven't been formally charged will statue of limitations ever run out?
    In addition to what my colleagues have pointed out, you are minimizing.

How you can even believe you haven't been formally charged is beyond me as per your own info this is a Bench Warrant, which means that you were ordered to appear before the Court and chose not to. You make it sound like an Arrest Warrant that you had no previous knowledge of.

I'll go one step further and surmise that you left WA knowing the Bench Warrant was in effect, thus making you a Fugitive.

-V

Forum Member
    Felony warrants with extradition in Washington state only are rare. More then likely it has extradition throughout Idaho, Oregon and Montana. The last felony warrant i had to deal with for theft was from Cowlitz county and it had extradition throughout the aforementioned states, plus California and Nevada. And by the way if you get hooked in say Virgina for something, they CAN extradite you all the way to Washington if they so choose, which they will i bet if you get hooked for another felony, Mr. i hired a lawyer who is so good that he told me to hide from a warrant!

No, you cannot be an officer with an outstanding felony warrant.

That was his question, right?

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Not sure about Washington, but around here, once a warrant has been issued for a charge, the statute of limitations is frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT936 View Post
    Not sure about Washington, but around here, once a warrant has been issued for a charge, the statute of limitations is frozen.
    But..........................but.................. .............but .....that's not how is is on Matlock!

Forum Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but whether the warrant is extraditible or not is a decision of the issuing jurisdiction (usually only limited because of the cost of extradition). In theory, even a non-extraditible warrant can be changed if the issuing jurisdiction is willing to go through the extradition process. In my jurisdiction, most felony warrants are either surrounding states or nationwide.

To answer the OP's question: The officer that stops you may or may not tell you about the warrant, that is his choice. If I were you, since that warrant could be acted upon any time, I would be very very worried when an officer pulls you over. Expect to go to jail. Alternatively, go back to WA, deal with the warrant and then REALLY turn over a new leaf. Can't do that with a felony warrant hanging over your head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast