Forum Member

Texas Penal and Vehicle code books

I am a Police Officer in California. I am going to be studying Texas law here shortly to complete the supplemental course and take the TCLEOSE test. Any advice on who has the best penal and vehicle code books? I am looking for both the full size Code of Criminal Procedure as well as the Vehicle Code. Also, does anyone sell the smaller ticket book size editions of each book?

Forum Member

http://www.clearbooks.com/ they have pocket versions that are suppose to be the best.

Forum Member

LexisNexis prints a full size book that has both the penal and traffic codes.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nefto View Post
    LexisNexis prints a full size book that has both the penal and traffic codes.
    I got one of these in my Academy, and it's very handy. It's got a nice quick look up feature in the back if you know the offense and need to look up the exact statute.

Professional Dick

LexisNexis Criminal and Traffic Law Book. Pocketpress Criminal Law book (doesn't include the CCP, just Penal Code) and Pocketpress Traffic Code book. (each of those are $13 at GT distributors.

Forum Member

Thank you for the responses. You have all been a great help!!! Take care and stay safe!

Forum Member

FWIW The penal code and traffic code are on line too at http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/ .
    Ut humiliter opinor