Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Toledo Police Exam Results / Hiring Process

Forum Member
    Any new News?

"The Rocket"
    there is a current academy going on right now. They will wait till the last possible minute to certify the test because as soon as they certify that test, thats when the time starts for the 2 years the results will be valid. Don't look to hear anything until june or july 2011.

Forum Member
    I didnt know the exam results are valid for 2 years in Toledo. I thought the list in Toledo is good for longer then 2 years. The current Toledo Police Academy class applied in 2004 to become Toledo Police Officers. They received their results 8 months after taking the exam and were hired 6 years later. So the current Toledo Police Academy class applied in 2004 and they were hired in 2010. It took 6 years to get hired.

"The Rocket"

tpd class

Your correct. Technically the list can only last for 2 yrs. The only reason they used that test was because of the budget and they had to get people hired so they wouldn't lose there COPS grant. They can always extend the results but ideally the test is only good for 2 years. I have heard from a reliable source that they will not hire again for another 4 yrs. Its best to look somewhere else. Out of this state.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CadetMills17 View Post
    Your correct. Technically the list can only last for 2 yrs. The only reason they used that test was because of the budget and they had to get people hired so they wouldn't lose there COPS grant. They can always extend the results but ideally the test is only good for 2 years. I have heard from a reliable source that they will not hire again for another 4 yrs. Its best to look somewhere else. Out of this state.
    So if your saying the list technically can only last for 2 yrs, and the City of Toledo according to a reliable source of yours, will not hire again for anothr 4 years, then basically what you are saying is we will not get our results until 2013. So from day of test until we get our results for the test itsgonna take a total of 3 years just to receive our results. Wow thats hard to believe. I would think we would get our results in the next few months, but thats just a guess.

"The Rocket"
    your guess is as good as mine

Forum Member
    I talked to the chief and he told me there will be a class this year as well as at least 2 more off the new list. The class looks like it will begin in Oct, but through my experience it will probably be pushed back till the end of the year.

Forum Member
    The Toledo exam results are in. Click on Human Resources and you will find the eligibility list, you can view a copy of it on the website. Thanks CadetMills17 for letting us know the results are in.
    Last edited by ChicagoDream82; 03-14-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Forum Member
    A total of 587 applicants passed the civil service entrance exam with a 70% and made the eligibility list. Applicant must pass a written civil service examination
    - Applicant must pass an extensive background investigation
    - Applicant must submit to an oral interview
    - Applicant must pass a complete medical and
    psychological examination/evaluation
    - Successful candidates will be required to pass a physical fitness test.

Does anyone know what the physical fitness test requirements are for the Toledo Police Dept? Does anyone know if the City of Toledo uses this list until exhausted? Does everyone who passed the civi servicel entrance exam get processed eventually? How many years is the eligibility list good for? Does this list expire?

"The Rocket"
    The PT test is your basic OPOTA Standards...Just look on the website. They are taking the first 125 to do backgrounds, but don'd be discouraged, a lot of people will be bumped out due to backgrounds and PT Test. Just be patient. All that counts is that you are on the list. The list is good for 2 years. They can also extend the list, just like the current academy took their test in 2005. You can do the math there. Good Luck to everyone.

Forum Member
    The PT test is your basic OPOTA Standards...Just look on the website. They are taking the first 125 to do backgrounds, but don'd be discouraged, a lot of people will be bumped out due to backgrounds and PT Test. Just be patient. All that counts is that you are on the list. The list is good for 2 years. They can also extend the list, just like the current academy took their test in 2005. You can do the math there. Good Luck to everyone.

Males (<-29) Females (<-29)

Sit-ups (1 min) 40 35

Push-ups (1 min) 33 18

1.5 Mile Run 11:58 14:15

Males (30-39) Females (30-39)

Sit-ups (1 min) 36 27

Push-ups (1 min) 27 14

1.5 Mile Run 12:25 15:14

Is this the basic OPOTA Standards. Is this the PT you have to pass to continue in the process and get hired. Or are these the standards you have to pass when coming out of the Academy? Because if these are standards to just continue in the process then 75% of the applicants will fail this test. I think its wishful thinking on my part to believe that is the actual test you have to pass prior to being hired. I really hope the PT is that hard, because that would mean a lot of eliminations on the PT, and the better chance the City goes through the whole list.

Forum Member
    Decent enough to move forward
    Last edited by cleveland6; 04-29-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland6 View Post
    Got mine today, wish it was a little higher however am listed as number 145. So I am close to the cutoff what does this mean for my chances of getting a call in the future? How are the rest of you stacking up?
    Well, in Illinios every Department requires a applicant to pass a State POWER test before entering the academy. For age 20-29 males, must run 1.5 mile in 13:46, sit ups 37/min, and bench press 98% of weight. I dont know what the POWER test requirments are in the State of Ohio. I can tell you with certainty if the Ohio requirments are

Males (<-29) Females (<-29)

Sit-ups (1 min) 40 35

Push-ups (1 min) 33 18

1.5 Mile Run 11:58 14:15

Males (30-39) Females (30-39)

Sit-ups (1 min) 36 27

Push-ups (1 min) 27 14

1.5 Mile Run 12:25 15:14

then 75% will fail the POWER test, and you will definiatly get your shot for the 1st academy class of this list. But I have a feeling these are requirments for recruits to graduate the Academy, which they would take it the end when they are in the best shape of their life. But if I am wrong and it is pre academy then 75% will fail. I just want to know what the pre academy POWER test is, as I have a feeling there isnt one, just a post academy POWER test.

"The Rocket"
    The requirements are on the Toledo website. If SB5 goes through there will be a mass exodus of retirements and they will probably hire in the 100's. They will ultimately go through the whole list. Right now they are planning for an academy of 25 in October and in January of next. BE PATIENT and apply to other places as well. I know from experience, take as many tests as you can so you have options.

"The Rocket"
    Good news to all, The City of Toledo is outsourcing its trash and has now balanced to budget. The Mayor decided to add 25 more recruits to the next academy. That means that the top 250 will be called in for backgrounds...Good Luck!

Forum Member
    Good news to all, The City of Toledo is outsourcing its trash and has now balanced to budget. The Mayor decided to add 25 more recruits to the next academy. That means that the top 250 will be called in for backgrounds...Good Luck!
    I recently saw this on the local news as well. This is fantastic news as far as having the budget balanced. For many of us the next step is going to be to sit back and let them do our backgrounds and hope for the best.

"The Rocket"
    At the end of this year, the retirements will possibly be up in the hundreds. I wouldn't be surprised if they go right through this whole list.

Forum Member
    At the end of this year, the retirements will possibly be up in the hundreds. I wouldn't be surprised if they go right through this whole list.
    I hope you are right but the Toledo Police Department, has only about 600 Officers. The Chicago Police Department has 13,000 and they have about 400 retirements a year, so I dont know how Toledo with only 600 on the force, can have retirements in the hundreds. Also CadetMills17, can you please copy and paste the power test for the Toledo Police Department, in the forum or tell me exactly where to find it. I tried looking all over for this man and I cant find it. Your info has been great, as you have been the driving force behind this thread.

Forum Member
    Provided in brochure at background orientation.

1.5 Mile Run 15:14
    300 Meter Run 64.7 Sec
    Sit-Ups (timed 1 Min.) 31
    Push-Ups (unlimited) 22
    1 Repetition Maximum Bench Press .61 Ratio

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland6 View Post
    Provided in brochure at background orientation.

1.5 Mile Run 15:14
    300 Meter Run 64.7 Sec
    Sit-Ups (timed 1 Min.) 31
    Push-Ups (unlimited) 22
    1 Repetition Maximum Bench Press .61 Ratio
    What a joke of a power test, this will not eliminate many people. Thank You cleveland6, for answering the question.

"The Rocket"
    The city has probably only about 300 officers on the street, if that. There are many old timers at the end of their DROP. There will at least be 50 go this year and maybe more due to SB5. The 300 officers is not counting people on light duty and command. They just promoted 80 command officers. Case in point, they need officers. Their authorized strength is about 650, which they haven't had in about 10 yrs. Everyone on this list should have a chance to get on. Just my opinion, i guess. Things could change for better or worse. Hopefully for better.

Forum Member
    For those who feel they have it bad because they scored low on the test you could be in my shoes, I went through the entire hiring process for the class that is graduating in a couple of weeks. I passed every part of the testing and was told they were hiring 33 people which is where I ended up at #33 on the list. Well as most of you know they only hired 31 so those of us left had to start all over and test again, this is after being put through to process 2 times. After the new test i am back down at #371 so now I have to wait until at least next year if they even hire a class next year!!!

"The Rocket"
    They will have no choice with retirements, to hire more. But you never know what the cities gonna do. My advice is to take as many tests as you can and keep all options open. Sooner or later you will get your break.

Forum Member
    AH! I can finally post! Guess I should have registered back in October when I first found this message board! I registered on the 12th, as soon as I found the results online and wanted to share with everyone. Too bad I didn't know I wouldn't be able to post immediately! OH well, glad I can now! I am in the top 50 on the list, and went for the initial background investigation meeting and interview. I also think that the physical requirements listed don't seem to be that bad. However, I am sure that there are people who will not be able to complete them. What I find interesting, is that they told us every step of the process is basically pass/fail. So I am no better off because I am in the top 50 than someone in the top 100 of test scores. Also, after the background check if I have nothing negative, I am no better off than someone who just barely squeaks through. So, it seems that they pick the class only based on the interview. It will be an interesting process and I will try to keep you updated as we go through the steps. The detective doing my background check did say that it would be about a month before they contact my current employer...so it seems this stage will take quite awhile.

"The Rocket"
    I was just told they are down to 300 on the list. Getting closer to me!!!!! Good luck to you webbie, i am sure you will do fine. Like i said before in a post, by next year they will have gone right through this list. I guess there were several in the top ten that just decided to take themselves out of the process.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast