Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Autumn

Question What Makes You Suspicious?

Here is something I have always wanted to know.

How do you guys know whether to search someone's car for drugs, weapons, or other illegal paraphernalia?

I used to watch 'Cops' a lot, and could not fugure out how they knew whether to let someone go or start searching their car.

I'm a clean cut, innocent looking person but even people like myself can transport drugs. Although, I never carry anything illegal in my car, I still wonder what it is that the person says or does that makes the person appear suspicious.

retired

Cops are always suspicious of people who live in Washington, and use Angel in their name!

retired

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: retired ]

Sig220Man

Without revealing the details (I don't want to tip off the crooks, after all), I will tell you there are some indicators that we use to make us dig just a bit deeper.

In the past this was called "profiling", but of course we all know what a powder-keg of a term that is today

Frank Booth

Most normal cops are suspicious of women with big bazongas. Some officers are more suspicious of blondes, but I prefer to suspect dark-haired, mysterious women.

Autumn

I understand Sig, I wasn't trying to get you to reveal anything that I'm not supposed to know. I'll just assume you guys are very well trained in the academy and conclude that it is top-secret.

Frank, you're a dirty ol' man.

Joseph

I kind of forgot what made me stop certain vehicles when I first started but now it's just that feeling. I'm not a physic or maybe I am but give me a few cars and I bet I can pick the occupants in one that have been convicted or arrested or wanted for burglary 90% of the time just by looking at the car and the people riding by.

DMS 525

It's those people who have those blurry faces. A person with a blurry face just has to be a crook, and we have every right to be suspicious, and search their car.

The same goes for those who drive cars with blurry license plates.

PiperMaru

Originally posted by Frank Booth:
    Most normal cops are suspicious of women with big bazongas. Some officers are more suspicious of blondes, but I prefer to suspect dark-haired, mysterious women.
    ** a dark-haired mysterious woman drives by Frank in her Alero...Frank stops the woman and asks her what's in the bag beside her....She batts her long dark lashes and exclaims...."Oreos Officer! Want one?"**

Tee hee hee...

Mike Sullivan

I get suspicious when people want to know why I am suspicious.

Zamboni

It all depends on how dark their skin is. The darker the more suspicious I am.

The media says this is how we do it so it must be true.

LarryCanary

I just love those cars with the big old honking marijuana leaf sticker in the window and a 'Powered By Ouzo' bumper sticker. Why not just paste "Pull Me Over" on the front windshield! ROFL

Frank Booth

** a dark-haired mysterious woman drives by Frank in her Alero...Frank stops the woman and asks her what's in the bag beside her....She batts her long dark lashes and exclaims...."Oreos Officer! Want one?"**
    Is an Alero expensive?

vbrenner

Is an Alero expensive?
    What the heck is an Alero? What happened to car names like Barracuda, Charger, Challenger, Tempest and Cougar?

kateykakes

Originally posted by ateamer:
    What the heck is an Alero? What happened to car names like Barracuda, Charger, Challenger, Tempest and Cougar?

Ummmmm....at, those cars were way back in the day. Me thinks you're a wee bit over the hill.

When I was a teenager, I loved all those kind of cars. I'm not so much into them anymore. I'd take a Camry or a Lexus any day.

vbrenner

Originally posted by kateykakes:

Me thinks you're a wee bit over the hill.

I'd take a Camry or a Lexus any day.

Is 35 old? It depends on how grouchy I am...I keep saying being grouchy is one of the benefits of getting older.

Yeah, I like the new cars much better, but prefer the old names.

Don

I keep saying being grouchy is one of the benefits of getting older.

HEY! That's MY line!

kateykakes

Is 35 old? It depends on how grouchy I am...I keep saying being grouchy is one of the benefits of getting older.
    35 is NOT old. Besides, I'm older than you and I know I'm NOT old.

Oh, and at...you're a male - all men are grouchy.

vbrenner

Wink

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Frank Booth

This job is almost 100% common sense, AA. What would make YOU suspcious of someone?

PiperMaru

Is an Alero expensive?
    Hmmm....the sticker was around $23,000 - but I didn't pay that...hehehehehehe.

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: Piper ]

PiperMaru

[QB]

What the heck is an Alero? [QB]
    Go Here

PiperMaru

Is 35 old?
    35 is NOT old!!!! Heh...I've always liked "older" men anyway...heh...older than me. *snickers*

Frank Booth

Hmmm....the sticker was around $23,000 - but I didn't pay that...hehehehehehe.
    Oh, thats not expensive. I prefer my mysterious dark-haired women to be in Porches, Bentlys, Ferraris, etc....

PiperMaru

Oh, thats not expensive. I prefer my mysterious dark-haired women to be in Porches, Bentlys, Ferraris, etc....
    Oh bah.... *laughs*

Hey Frank
    Pull me over- I fit your 'suspicious woman' profile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last