Ames police involved in shooting

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...ed-in-shooting

Ames, Ia. --- Ames police said two officers fired their weapons at a vehicle accelerating toward them late last night.

At least one of the bullets hit the driver, who was airlifted to a Des Moines hospital, Ames Police Cmdr. Mike Brennan said.

The officers, driving separate patrol cars, observed a vehicle driving erratically and stopped the driver on South Duff Avenue near Airport Road around 1 a.m. today, Brennan said. The driver exited the vehicle during the traffic stop, then returned behind the wheel and drove directly at the officers, he said. The two officers then fired their weapons. They were not injured, he said.

The incident is under investigation by Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, Iowa State Patrol and Ames police.

No further details have been released by Ames police.
    What have you done for the State of Iowa today?

- My SGT

Hope the investigation goes well................good job by the officers of going home at the end of their shift.
    I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

I don't get paid to get assaulted, shot or killed....it's a risk of the job but it's not what I'm paid to do.......if I have to taser you to get you in handcuffs I'm going to....--Hot Soup