Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Thread: VSP 117th

Forum Member

I do not know when they will start testing for the 118th. I've always known the testing to be held on Saturdays, not sure if they ever deviate from that. Good luck!

Forum Member

Thanks manganos! how far along are you in the process?

Forum Member

Wow your pretty much done then huh? Im still waiting for a test date. How was the written? I never taken it before...or is it an aptitude test like the ASVAB? What is the projected date for your class the 117th? I hope they dont cancel due to budgets again

Forum Member

I'm right with you Nuff_Ced. I applied in April of '10 and only received a letter that I'd be notified of dates. So, being that I haven't gotten anything for 117th, I assume I will (hopefully) hear something for the 118th beginning of next year. Good luck to you in the process.

Forum Member

Thx Pali, if your wondering what your status is I would call Ms Jacobs or email her and ask. She emailed me and told me. So I would find out bc from what I gather is that if you havnt already been told so, then your not gonna be in the 117th class. It is full. So most likely you will be in consideration for the 118th like me! Just keep us posted if you hear anything, and take care!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by manganos View Post
    Passed Written, physc, physical, Polygraph. I'm hoping they move the date of the academy up for the 117th. I heard they will have a dual academy going so they will start the 117th and shortly after that start the 118th. Both will be going on at the same time. That is the talk around work but always subject to change.
    I'm right there with you man, but maybe they will follow up on what ive been hearing in my neck of the woods and start in JANURARY ...lol...not likely, but possible HA hA

Forum Member

last ones i saw were from the 25th of OCT...im working tomorrow 2p, you working?

Forum Member

I confirmed today- I'm in the running for the 117th. The testing in Novembmer and December is for the 117th, and testing for the 118th will begin in January.

Forum Member

Good Lookin out VSP_dispatcher!!

Forum Member

Budget cuts

Have been hearing that the 117th basic class would be the first thing scrapped if the Gov needs extra money for the state. It would be pushed back to a later starting date.

Forum Member

It has not happened yet. I saw the memo and it is a budget reduction bulletin. Let's hope there is no delay!
    I'm with you let's hope there is no delay

Forum Member

ARRGHH!!! That would suck!!! Let's all keep our fingers crossed!!

Forum Member

Passed the work performance test!!! Feel confident about the written too.

Forum Member

Congrats...

Forum Member

Great job!! Stay focused!!

Forum Member

Outstanding!

Forum Member

Great job! Was there a good turnout for the testing?
    Yeah, there was a decent amount- I want to say around 75 people or so.

Forum Member

The last applicant testing for the 117th is going to be held December 11th. So if you haven't already received a letter or get one in the next couple of days, you are probably in the running for the 118th and will begin testing beginning in 2011.

Forum Member

That's good to know dispatcher.

It just clicked to me why I may have not gotten a letter yet when I applied back in April. I put 12/16/2010 as the date I could start working so that's probably why I am (or should be) in the running for the 118th testing. I feel like an idiot, LOL! Whew, sigh of relief though. I was getting discouraged.

Forum Member

Phase 3

I spoke with Joan Jacobs and she told me that they wouldn't be sending any letters out about Phase 3 until after the new year. So if you were like me checking the mail everyday you can relax until the new year.

Forum Member

I've completed the background investigation. The investigator told me he was going to turn in the background report by the end of the week. I was told I can contact Mrs Jacobs later to inquire about my status.

Forum Member

Check your mail everyone! Finally got my test date on January 8th! (This is presumably for the 118th).

Forum Member

Thanks manganos! I know, right? I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and it's gonna be test time, LOL!

What was everybody's time on the obstacle course? What was the most difficult part for ya? Just curious.

Forum Member

The 117th is still on pace to start two days after the 116th graduates. Also, for the first time, they will have 20 people on a waiting list to fill any dropouts that occur during the first two weeks of training only.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
    Thanks manganos! I know, right? I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and it's gonna be test time, LOL!

What was everybody's time on the obstacle course? What was the most difficult part for ya? Just curious.
    Practice the step ups. If you can get in a good rythm you will do better, it was also the part that wore my legs out. Also work on upper body strength for the dummy drag, it seemed to be pretty difficult for most of the group I tested with. And just remember to SPRINT between obstacles- there were a lot of people that didn't go fast enough on their first try because they only jogged instead of SPRINTING. Don't even worry about the rest of it- they walk you thru everything when u get there, and everything else is just a matter of going thru the motions.

As far as the written goes, work on vocabulary and grammar, and basic math and algebra. And answering "have you ever stolen anything" 20 different ways.

Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last